American Idol 2023

I think it is just representative of the demographics of the audience. It isn't really fun to watch anymore IMHO. It's a popularity contest and not a singing contest at this point.

Yes, I noticed that earlier when they were at the top 20 and top 15. Five of the contestants were country music: Warren, Oliver, Colin, Megan, Marybeth, as well as Zachariah, who could have been country or rock.

I'm kind of wondering now, if Megan & Colin country fans will cancel each other out and everyone else votes for Iam who takes it all.

OR that Colin wins it as he's now got Warren's & Oliver's votes and Haven's Swiftie votes for being "cute."

AI is on tonight. But, it's footage going over the finalists stories of how they got to AI.

Not interested. Will be skipping tonight.

Not my pick,but Tongi will win.

He has been the winner since Day 1.

The shows have just been a formality until he is "crowned" the winner.

A vast majority of the voters have been behind him since the beginning IMO.

Again not my favorite,but he is talented.

I do worry about his long-term health though.

I said that about Adam Lambert the year he was a contestant, and he came in runner up. His career soared despite that, so even if Iam doesn't win, which I think he should, his career could be stellar some day.

Megan = Tanya Tucker!

It finally hit me.

That explains why I haven't cared for her since day 1!
Since voting is done by those who watch, it doesn't surprise me that if your preference is 'country music' you would tend to vote for those contestants. Not really impressed with any of the 5 finalists this year no matter how much the judges keep talking up how great they are. Probably won't watch the finals. Even if you win the show, there is no guarantee you will make it in the music business and still need to produce records that are popular with the general public.

I listen to nothing but country music, and I didn't vote for any of the country artists. My favorites were We,, Iam, and Zachariah.

I have it on, not really feeling all that interested.

I just want either of the boys to win.

I listen to country music all the time and I never voted for her. I am sick of raspy, cracked voice girl country singers. They are a dime a dozen now.

I am not sure what Luke is talking about because she has hit clunkers bit time, especially in Hawaii. She was all over and they praised her all over the place. I wondered if we were watching the singer.

She can go ahead and be a Christian singer like Danny Gokey, but that is not American Idol material.

Crap! I forgot this is on. Will take me a while while I catch up and fast forward through stuff. . .

Keith Urban is mentoring. And they have to sing one of Keith's songs? A country song. Isn't that stacking the deck, when they have two country singing contestants? :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

Keith Urban is mentoring. And they have to sing one of Keith's songs? A country song. Isn't that stacking the deck, when they have two country singing contestants? :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

Keith is not really what I consider country "country", if you know what I mean. Iam did really good with his song. He's a lot less country than Luke, that's for sue.

Ok, I have a question on this same day voting. I'm on the east coast. Are the shows being aired in other time zones at times where they all get to vote since it says votes close during the last commercial break?

Ok, I have a question on this same day voting. I'm on the east coast. Are the shows being aired in other time zones at times where they all get to vote since it says votes close during the last commercial break?
I'm in central. Your show started at 8, mine at 7. We are watching the same thing at the same time.

I'm in central. Your show started at 8, mine at 7. We are watching the same thing at the same time.

Thanks, I was sitting here remembering how in the old format we had to be careful not to post spoilers because other time zones hadn't seen the shows yet. That got me to thinking about how is voting fair if everyone is not watching the show at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter