Amazing Race

Great episode!! Loved all the challenges this week, but wow, that dancing was hard to watch for those poor guys! but fun too! excited for finale!

YAY happy day she's gone. That poor dad. We kept thinking he'd self eliminate or medical would force them to stop. Also thought production should have forced him a life jacket.

I was worried at the end that the guys would get lost and get eliminated instead with the initial editing.

Riverdance was so fun to watch. They actually did really well. I was also glad it was okay for minor mistakes. I was afraid they'd have to be perfect like in other challenges.

Happy with all the teams now so would be happy for any to win. I'm partial to father/son though. I do hope they can win.

I would be fine with any of the top three winning:

The brothers are machines, and deserve to win.

The dads are enjoying the ride, and grateful for the experience. It would be great to see two "regular Joes" pull it off.

The father/son team has great heart, and they clearly love and respect each other. How could you NOT hope for them to win?

I think I'm hoping for a three-way tie. Can't really pick my favorite among them. That makes this a great season.

Not typically a watcher of anymore, but staying with my parents so have caught some episodes. I agree - 3 teams that are easy to root for! I love the father/son most but will be happy no matter who wins. I’m invested again. 😂

Great episode. I loved the Riverdance judge. He was so positive with all the competitors and helpful too.

So glad that Anna Leigh is gone. I really thought Steve was going to collapse. Like others, I’m surprised that everyone didn’t have to wear life jackets on the first task.

Definitely pulling for the father and son, but I’m good with any of the three teams, which might be a first for me.

Great episode. I loved the Riverdance judge. He was so positive with all the competitors and helpful too.

So glad that Anna Leigh is gone. I really thought Steve was going to collapse. Like others, I’m surprised that everyone didn’t have to wear life jackets on the first task.

Definitely pulling for the father and son, but I’m good with any of the three teams, which might be a first for me.
I thought that too usually it is teams I could not stand in the finals or maybe I liked one of them. I do not ever recall really being thrilled with all. I also prefer the father and son over the others.

Easy to root for final three. Of the three I’m rooting for Rob and Corey or Joel and Garrett. The brothers are pretty cocky but work very well together.

Im not really understanding the hate towards Anna Leigh. Yes she pushed her dad hard but was never cruel towards him. It was apparent each time they did interviews how much she loved him and he her. They bickered but never actually fought. I’ve watched A LOT worse partners on the AR!!

Easy to root for final three. Of the three I’m rooting for Rob and Corey or Joel and Garrett. The brothers are pretty cocky but work very well together.

Im not really understanding the hate towards Anna Leigh. Yes she pushed her dad hard but was never cruel towards him. It was apparent each time they did interviews how much she loved him and he her. They bickered but never actually fought. I’ve watched A LOT worse partners on the AR!!
Oh, there's absolutely been much worse partners in the past. Maybe it's just because there weren't many "villians" on this year's race? Honestly, it was the whiny tone of voice that she had the last couple episodes that bugged me.

The brothers are pretty cocky but work very well together.

I agree with Anna Leigh. Although I don't care for them as much as others, I don't think she is the villian that people are making her out to be.

I disagree about Greg and John. I've never viewed them as being cocky. Yes, they won four legs. That's impressive. They are very well educated, polite and respectful. When Joel and Garrett won their leg, the boys went through the motion of crowning them. I am super impressed with all they have accomplished at their young ages (25 & 27).

Agreed about Anna Leigh. She was encouraging her dad and her pushing him probably got them a few more legs than they would have had.

This episode reminded me why I read only the first and last chapters of Ulysses in graduate school. It's impenetrable.

For me, maybe it's the editing, but the pushing the dad so much just seemed constant and without even giving him the chance to start yet. I kept yelling at the tv saying, look at him. he's trying girl. It just got old and annoying for me. I did not find it encouraging him but if he did then that's all that mattered really.

I originally liked her. I did like her ending commentary that she needs to see someone for her anxiety, etc.

I disagree about Greg and John. I've never viewed them as being cocky. Yes, they won four legs. That's impressive. They are very well educated, polite and respectful. When Joel and Garrett won their leg, the boys went through the motion of crowning them. I am super impressed with all they have accomplished at their young ages (25 & 27).
I agree on the brothers--I cracked up, every time they hit a new task and were like, "Oh, it's in French--I took French!" "Oh, it's dancing--I've had a couple classes in music that will help me!" You just know their parents are watching this and thinking, "See? THIS is why we pushed you to do well in school!"

They also seem very grounded to me, even having won 4 legs. They don't seem to have an attitude that their win is inevitable. As someone said, all three teams have won at least one leg, so it's anybody's game.

I agree on the brothers--I cracked up, every time they hit a new task and were like, "Oh, it's in French--I took French!" "Oh, it's dancing--I've had a couple classes in music that will help me!" You just know their parents are watching this and thinking, "See? THIS is why we pushed you to do well in school!"
I was thinking the same thing about their parents and upbringing.

Greg is the one who studied abroad and spoke French. John studied computer science and music composition and works for Google. John was so polite when serving the food. And they were both great in the way they recited the quotes in this episode.

I'm with everyone else. Love, love the father and son but the other 2 teams are also great.

sooooo glad Anna leigh is done. I just was worried about her father the whole time.

I would've worn a life vest especially since it would have given some insulation from the cold water. I always used to wear one to do Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. :rotfl:

I'm so hoping for a win for the brothers or the son and dad. I wouldn't mine if the beards won either.

Question for you guys: Do you think Phil has some discretion as to the prize trip offered to the winning team each leg? I ask that because, when Rob and Corey won, they won a trip to Fiji. Corey mentioned that his father had always dreamed of going to Fiji. Which is fabulous, but I was wondering--if, instead, Rob had always dreamed of going to Madagascar, or New Zealand, or Nepal--might he have won a trip to one of those places?

The teams are asked 8 million questions before the race begins--from medical issues to shoe size--it wouldn't surprise me if they asked "where in the world would you most like to visit?" And Phil is tuned in to team movement/race position, they may have had this teed up for when Rob and Corey were coming in hot.

Just a thought.

Question for you guys: Do you think Phil has some discretion as to the prize trip offered to the winning team each leg? I ask that because, when Rob and Corey won, they won a trip to Fiji. Corey mentioned that his father had always dreamed of going to Fiji. Which is fabulous, but I was wondering--if, instead, Rob had always dreamed of going to Madagascar, or New Zealand, or Nepal--might he have won a trip to one of those places?

The teams are asked 8 million questions before the race begins--from medical issues to shoe size--it wouldn't surprise me if they asked "where in the world would you most like to visit?" And Phil is tuned in to team movement/race position, they may have had this teed up for when Rob and Corey were coming in hot.

Just a thought.
If it happens I don't think it has anything to do with Phil. I'm sure it's something set up well in advance by the producers/writers etc.

Did Corey mention that before or after they won the trip? Lots of times ppl. have a. really positive outcome of good thing and somewhat act like "it was meant to be" more than it actually was as I think it's just human nature. I also think it's just as likely the players are asked to act really excited etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter