Amazing Race

I've been a devoted watcher since the beginning and while working at home, re-watched the first 29 seasons. I was looking forward to this season and I have to say, it has been a great let down. I enjoyed the teams working to get on flights as this was an element of chance in the race. A team may have gotten a great flight, but due to something (weather/mechanical) that flight may have not been so fabulous. This has always been an element outside of the teams control. Had they done that on this season, I wonder how long this alliance would have lasted. I really can't imagine a team trying to find a flight that had seats for everyone in the alliance. May have changed the way the race was run for some teams as well as affected the outcome.

Of the teams that are left, the way the boyfriends are being portrayed make them my least favorite team, however I also know that could just be editing as every year you seem to need a villain. Are they mean, or are they just cunning and playing the game within the rules. Stealing from Survivor, they are outplaying, outlasting and outwitting others as they are getting them to do their dirty work, as well as sharing information with them. It will be interesting to see how they do on their own.

Sadly, with how the world has changed in the past 9 months, I think we are watching the end of what I consider a great escape from reality and a way to see parts of the world that I wouldn't be able to see otherwise.

Making alliances is not against the rules, so it’s not cheating. It worked for these three teams. I was fascinated to see if they could make it work to the final 3. I was very happy DeAngelo was eliminated. I thought he showed his true colors last night. I am for Hung and Chee. She impressed me that such a small woman kept up with all those big guys, most of them athletes.

FWIW, I thought this season was especially disappointing because of all the help the alliances gave to each other the whole race. I know there have been alliances in the past, but this season, it just seemed like no team could manage to do tasks without others helping. So many times, teams would just wait until one of the alliance teams got the answer and then passed it along to the others. It wasn't that they were helping along the way, with a clue or tip. This was full out handing others the answers to tasks.

Making alliances is not against the rules, so it’s not cheating. It worked for these three teams. I was fascinated to see if they could make it work to the final 3. I was very happy DeAngelo was eliminated. I thought he showed his true colors last night. I am for Hung and Chee. She impressed me that such a small woman kept up with all those big guys, most of them athletes.

DeAngelo was edited that way. In interviews Gary said there was a lot more positive but it was edited out.

We'll see next week. I always look at the timestamp of when the teams leave the pit stop to see how much time lapsed between teams checking in. If it's less than say 20-30 minutes between DeAngelo and Gary and the other teams that did the farming then they may have still made it.
Replying to myself ...

Riley and Maddison left at 2:00 pm
Will and James left at 2:52 pm
Hung and Chee left at 3:38 pm
DeAngelo and Gary left at 3:55 pm

DeAngelo and Gary were only 17 minutes behind Hung and Chee. That amount of time could have easily been eaten up by the fishing challenge.

I contend that if DeAngelo and Gary had U-Turned Hung and Chee, one of the strongest teams, instead of Aparna and Eswar they might still be in the race.

Sadly think this is last episode ever
I like beards
Dislike the boyfriends!
Don’t mind married couple
Was ok with football players until I saw how much money they had- know they were in for fun but didn’t need to win and probably wouldn’t have
Football players do make a bit of money, especially a featured position like running back. But do remember that many of them, like Gary and DeAngelo, run charitable foundations and it's likely that any winnings would go towards that. So it probably wasn't about the money on a personal level, but they could still do some good with $500k

I think D'Angelo's reaction was in the moment too. It could not have been fun to watch the 3 other teams you have played all game with turn on you. I think if they all worked on their own and D&G still lost, D's attitude would have been better. Even Gary said D'Angelo will get over it. I think they do a podcast about their experiences on the race, haven't caught it though.

I think D'Angelo's reaction was in the moment too. It could not have been fun to watch the 3 other teams you have played all game with turn on you. I think if they all worked on their own and D&G still lost, D's attitude would have been better. Even Gary said D'Angelo will get over it. I think they do a podcast about their experiences on the race, haven't caught it though.
If you find it, can you post the link?

Sadly think this is last episode ever
I like beards
Dislike the boyfriends!
Don’t mind married couple
Was ok with football players until I saw how much money they had- know they were in for fun but didn’t need to win and probably wouldn’t have
The money was likely going to be donated to their charities. They don't need the money nor is it the reason the joined the show.

Football players do make a bit of money, especially a featured position like running back. But do remember that many of them, like Gary and DeAngelo, run charitable foundations and it's likely that any winnings would go towards that. So it probably wasn't about the money on a personal level, but they could still do some good with $500k
The money was likely going to be donated to their charities. They don't need the money nor is it the reason the joined the show.

I understand they were probably donating the money but there were probably others who could have been a team who could actually use the money themselves. I am not bashing them just saying IF they were going to keep the money they didn't need it themselves. I never saw where they stated they were going to donate winnings to charity- which I am sure they would have done. It is sad to see anyone competing for a charity to act the way they did at the end last night. I just gave my opinions on who I liked and didn't. Yes, they do good to communities and charities.

I have never understood judging who should win a competition not based on the actual competition but how much money someone has.

The competition isn't done with charitable intentions. The winner should be based on the competition and nothing else.

I just listened to Episode 53 with Aparna and Eswar. They explained the U-Turn and it makes sense why they U-Turned Aparna and Eswar. They knew that the fish thing would only take 15-20 minutes and wanted to U-Turn someone who already did the fish. In addition, they said the Aparna and Eswar would have been U-Turned by someone else anyway. I had forgotten that it was a double U-Turn.

I just listened to a couple of DeAngelo and Gary's podcasts. I liked hearing all the behind the scenes things. I find that I am liking all the other teams better and disliking DeAngelo a lot more. He is pretty negative in general and extra salty over Aparna.

Edited, DeAngelo seems to be a big Disney fan, so that's in his corner.

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't see your post before I commented. I totally agree with you.

I just listened to a couple of DeAngelo and Gary's podcasts. I liked hearing all the behind the scenes things. I find that I am liking all the other teams better and disliking DeAngelo a lot more. He is pretty negative in general and extra salty over Aparna.

Edited, DeAngelo seems to be a big Disney fan, so that's in his corner.
Yeah DeAngelo is a very negative, nasty person in real life. He’s actually embracing that side of him lately on social media and in his podcasts. He seems to relish being the bad guy.

I think the alliances have been over the top this season and have definitely made the show less fun to watch, at least for me. I'd say AR needs to come up with a way to fix that going forward, but as others have said, I'm afraid there may be no going forward for the show. :sad1:

Team Volleyball is my favorite of the final 3 and I'd like to see them win. Not sure I have a ton of confidence in them putting together a win without help from an alliance though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter