Amazing Flights of Passage

I get motion sick on things like Star Tours - I think it's the 3D screens that get me and the first time I did FOP I closed my eyes and was still slightly off when we were done. Someone told me to stare straight ahead and focus, don't scan around the screen looking at things. So the last time I rode I did that, I carefully stared straight ahead and never looked to the side at all and I wasn't motion sick at all, it was quite wonderful.

I don't like thrill rides either! This was amazing! I do EE with my kids once a year though. The other ones I haven't attempted!
I am going back in October and EE is my goal after FOP with my super courage still shining :-)
Ok so..... how much of the ride is very scary. I know the backwards part dark upside down terror.... Is this more than 30 seconds of ride?
Is the other parts fun .... ahem like BTMRR or SDMT.... not scary:o?
Or is it like terror whole time?
How long is ride?
Thanks
Kerri

EDIT just realized u didn’t ride other coasters. If you thought any part of EE is fun other coasters I rode are a breeze I think.

I am going back in October and EE is my goal after FOP with my super courage still shining :-)
Ok so..... how much of the ride is very scary. I know the backwards part dark upside down terror.... Is this more than 30 seconds of ride?
How long is ride?
Thanks
Kerri

EDIT just realized u didn’t ride other coasters. If you thought any part of EE is fun other coasters I rode are a breeze I think.
EE does not go upside down. There's one hill that's bigger than anything on BTMR or SDMT and the other parts do go a bit faster than those 2 rides, but I wouldn't call them scary. Then again, I find EE pretty tame in general so I may not be the best person to ask.

EE does not go upside down. There's one hill that's bigger than anything on BTMR or SDMT and the other parts do go a bit faster than those 2 rides, but I wouldn't call them scary. Then again, I find EE pretty tame in general so I may not be the best person to ask.
If u think EE tame:scared:
Wow I don’t know why people said it goes upside down!
Is the G force so strong that if eyes closed it feels like that LOL
Edit.... is the steep hill the part that you see of coaster coming out of mountain from sidewalk?
Thanks

If u think EE tame:scared:
Wow I don’t know why people said it goes upside down!
Is the G force so strong that if eyes closed it feels like that LOL
Edit.... is the steep hill the part that you see of coaster coming out of mountain from sidewalk?
Thanks
Yes, the largest hill is the one you can see coming out of the mountain. I understand if you don't want the ride spoiled, but you may benefit from watching a video of the ride on Youtube.

How long is ride?
Thanks
Kerri

I find the whole thing a bit scary!
But my kids love it, and they are 8! The scariest part is when you are at the end of the track, backwards, just waiting to go again. Ahhh! BUT, I am always glad when we are done, always a good picture to laugh at!

I have to force myself to go on pirates because the tiny drop terrifies me. Will I be able to do this ride? I really want to.

I haven't ridden FOP yet but our Fast Pass window is approaching and I am going to attempt getting fast passes. Can any one tell me if the ride is different during the evening? My in-laws, who haven't ridden it either, keep telling me they want to ride it during the day and during the evening to see the night time lighting effects.

I have to force myself to go on pirates because the tiny drop terrifies me. Will I be able to do this ride? I really want to.
If you can do soarin and star tours ...
Gonna say a hard yes. Close your eyes worst case.
Kerri

If you can do soarin and star tours ...
Gonna say a hard yes. Close your eyes worst case.
Kerri
Awesome-I can do both of those,but have been putting off doing FoP because things like Mission Space Green "get me".

I have 3 FPs for FoP for my trip in a week and am going to go for it!:)

I have NEVER seen an attraction get the kind of reviews this one does!:)

I don’t get the love. It was alright. When Soarin first came out I loved it. I was blown away by it. This not so much. I hate the ride vehicle and getting trapped by the leg restraints. It gives me anxiety. We rode it twice because my kids did love it. I personally think both Harry Potter rides blow this one away easily.

I haven't ridden FOP yet but our Fast Pass window is approaching and I am going to attempt getting fast passes. Can any one tell me if the ride is different during the evening? My in-laws, who haven't ridden it either, keep telling me they want to ride it during the day and during the evening to see the night time lighting effects.
FOP is indoors and doesn't change with the time of day-- it's the same film every time.

The Pandora area that it's in, however, is spectacular at night-- definitely worth seeing. No need for a FOP FastPass just to see it, though.

FOP is indoors and doesn't change with the time of day-- it's the same film every time.

The Pandora area that it's in, however, is spectacular at night-- definitely worth seeing. No need for a FOP FastPass just to see it, though.
Thanks for the confirmation! I was pretty certain that the ride wasn't different, just wanted to make sure I want missing something. I feel like that would have been more widely discussed if that was the case!

It is by far the best attraction I have ever been on. The phrase “best ride ever” is overused but this definitely is.

I watched Avatar for the first time last nite. I am really excited now to see Pandora both day and at nite. I am really hoping to get a FP for this, but if not, will rope drop it

It is by far the best attraction I have ever been on. The phrase “best ride ever” is overused but this definitely is.
There are about 1 "I don't get the hype" reports for every 100 reviews like yours,so this thing must be the "real deal"!:)

I am doing this thing on my trip next week-if it makes me a little "queasy" so be it!lol:)

I got off the ride thinking that it had been malfunctioning. I didn't get the hype at all. That saying, I could not get the glasses to stay on my head so perhaps that had something to do with it. I'm looking forward to trying it again this fall to see if my impressions change.

I get very sick on Star Wars. I'm fine on Soarin'. This ride had no effect on me.

I went on it the very first time this past Sunday; it was pretty surreal. I rode it three times that morning: EMH RD, FP+, and FP+ from my party who didn't want to ride it again. Would I say it's my favorite ride? Probably not, as I still rank Radiator Spring Racer higher. But then again, I did ride it three times within a short span and seeing that guy talk kinda got annoying haha.

But yeah, pretty cool ride and technology. Best attraction in Disneyworld IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter