'AMA 'AMA to reopen Fall 2022

We are here now. The fitness center is closed and supposed to open today. Didn’t happen. Ama doesn’t look close to opening. And the kids Wster park is closed and under construction. Hopefully the fitness center opens before we leave on the 22nd. But it’s still beautiful l.

We are here now and they are doing more work on the space. There was a training being held this week. Also, a cast member in Ulu Cafe said the opening was scheduled for mid October. Keep in mind this is from a cast member and not confirmed.

We are going Oct. 7-14, Hope it happens then!!!

Happy Fall! Has anyone heard anything with regard to an opening date for Ama Ama?

Why do I get the feeling they are going to turn Ama Ama into a pre fix only menu?
I hate being right sometimes.
FB576576-A7BD-4980-8D8F-9B0A0A860C04.jpeg
Also, the local catch will probably always be Ono. Thats all they had at their other food locations during my trip and Im not a big fan. It is a tougher, at times dryer fish. I really was craving grilled salmon or trout but Im assuming they aren’t local to Hawaii.

Last edited:
I hate being right sometimes.
View attachment 708087
Also, the local catch will probably always be Ono. Thats all they had at their other food locations during my trip and Im not a big fan. It is a tougher, at times dryer fish. I really was craving grilled salmon or trout but Im assuming they aren’t local to Hawaii.
The menu looks good. I was hoping they would keep it upscale - and it seems they did.

I’m not crazy about the tasting menu concept in general when Disney does it - but I get they want to keep the guest spend high and given that location they can. That space and sunset view are uniquely good (even for Hawaii).

My husband was obsessed with the old scallop dish - hopefully this new version is as good. But overall just to see them reopening.

That’s too bad about prix fixe only option. What do vegetarians do for dinner?

Any idea what breakfast menu looks like? Saw that they’ll have reservation times for breakfast.

Awesome, thanks for that share noodlez!

When I tried the online reservation form, I swear it gave me morning time options — though none were available so maybe just a glitch. (Shrug)

Or possibly bc you had the option to search Makahiki times simultaneously… which could explain the breakfast time options. 🤔

I am at Aulani now.

They are running a "soft opening" this week. Not promoting it and no advance reservations.

We fortunately were able to get in last night.

The service was exceptional and the adult meals were very very good.

Adult dessert, while impressive, was not to our taste. But we aren't really dessert people.

Kids meals were.... Adequate I guess? Both of my kids agreed that they much preferred their meals at Mina's the night before. Having tried both (can't help myself) I don't really blame them. The kids meals at Mina's are incredible. Like, they asked my 10 year old how they'd like their burger prepared. We asked medium rare and it came out perfectly cooked.

We were seated in the new part of the building, right on the edge of the deck and the view was incredible.

So, really good experience overall, attentiveness of staff perhaps greater than I've ever experienced in my life and the best Disney food I've ever had hands down. Better than Napa Rose easily, which ive always found to be massively overrated.

Kids meals a let down.

Really enjoyed the experience and meal, but it's an expensive dinner. I think on balance as a family we still prefer Mina's but glad for the experience.

I am at Aulani now.

They are running a "soft opening" this week. Not promoting it and no advance reservations.

Adult dessert, while impressive, was not to our taste. But we aren't really dessert people.

Kids meals were.... Adequate I guess? Both of my kids agreed that they much preferred their meals at Mina's the night before. Having tried both (can't help myself) I don't really blame them. The kids meals at Mina's are incredible. Like, they asked my 10 year old how they'd like their burger prepared. We asked medium rare and it came out perfectly cooked.

We were seated in the new part of the building, right on the edge of the deck and the view was incredible.

So, really good experience overall, attentiveness of staff perhaps greater than I've ever experienced in my life and the best Disney food I've ever had hands down. Better than Napa Rose easily, which ive always found to be massively overrated.

Kids meals a let down.

Really enjoyed the experience and meal, but it's an expensive dinner. I think on balance as a family we still prefer Mina's but glad for the experience.
Great review! Nice to hear the staff is that exceptional so early in their new run. Any of the menu items stand out as the home runs?

I am at Aulani now.

Kids meals a let down.

Thanks for the review! Can’t wait to try it out!

AMA AMA has been open for over two weeks but I have only been able to find a few reviews online anywhere. Hoping to see more soon from those who have gone

AMA AMA has been open for over two weeks but I have only been able to find a few reviews online anywhere. Hoping to see more soon from those who have gone
I’m going to try to get reservations for sometime in early December. The problem is, reservations open up thirty days in advance at midnight Hawaii time, which is 2 AM Los Angeles time. Not looking forward to waking up and trudging to my laptop in the dead of night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter