Ama ama reopening soon?

Kristie71

Mouseketeer
So i been keeping my eye open about when Ama Ama may be reopening.
Their website on Yelp has been saying Closed but with an reopen date of June 30th.
Today i noticed the Closed is gone and there is no longer reopen information.
i called Aulani and was told it is still closed.
Hopefully this Yelp update means they are planning to open really soon.

Rumor is that the old Ama Ama that we know and love, is gone forever. The chef went to work at Makahiki. There has been on official word yet about what and when will open. I imagine it will be some kind of fine dining restaurant. No company would leave a prime, ocean front restaurant closed forever.

We’re going in late September and really hoping it’s open. Really don’t care if there’s a name and menu change due to new management so long as they don’t do anything crazy like turn it into a pizza place. Agree with your last sentence and will add that nearly all high end beach front resorts have a nice oceanfront restaurant on property. If Disney wants to compete, they need this open

Our trip is pretty much pending the reopening of table service. With a long list of allergies, Makahiki paled in comparison to what I could eat at ‘AMA’AMA.

I hope they reopen soon. We are itching to go in 2022.

Our trip is pretty much pending the reopening of table service. With a long list of allergies, Makahiki paled in comparison to what I could eat at ‘AMA’AMA.

I hope they reopen soon. We are itching to go in 2022.

Makahiki is now table service, not the buffet. They would have the same allergy modifications as Ama Ama would. I can't see the buffet coming back any time soon.

Makahiki is now table service, not the buffet. They would have the same allergy modifications as Ama Ama would. I can't see the buffet coming back any time soon.
Correct.... and with the chef from Ama Ama now at Makahiki the menu may be improved. Still going to miss the beachfront views though. :(

From a few videos/photos it seems that Off the Hook has been extended to the side patio of Ama ama. When we was there in March, they were installing a connecting walkway through the hedgerow. Might be a temp thing or something they use during the day?

Anyone confirm?

I been following an DVC Aulani FB group. Someone just learned that the Ama Ama location will open up in Sept as something like an Ulu Cafe style of food service.
They are currently hiring.

I been following an DVC Aulani FB group. Someone just learned that the Ama Ama location will open up in Sept as something like an Ulu Cafe style of food service.
They are currently hiring.
Wow. That is interesting. Here is a job listing from 5 days ago - so I bet that is what they are talking about. Sounds very quick serve.
13F63E72-8B2F-435C-ABD7-F484B38D2F3A.png

From a few videos/photos it seems that Off the Hook has been extended to the side patio of Ama ama. When we was there in March, they were installing a connecting walkway through the hedgerow. Might be a temp thing or something they use during the day?

Anyone confirm?
Here now and can confirm that Off the Hook will be extending into the AmaAma space in the near future but this change will not be permanent.

This is devastating. The ambiance of Makahiki just isn’t as elegant as ‘AMA’AMA. Having a quiet romantic dinner by the sea was magical.

I don’t want character meals every day, either. Sigh. Time to rethink our vacation plans. Again. 😪

I don't know if it is going to stay this way, but for now, Makahiki only has character meals on certain days. The menu is the same, but it is cheaper on non-character days.

No new menu. Ama Ama is close and will be replaced with a quick serve.
Sorry for the confusion, if you see my previous post it mentioned Off the Hook would be expanding into the AmaAma space. I meant the newly expanded Off the Hook will have a new menu. Which is a big relief since the poolside menu is similar (possibly the same?) to the Off the Hook dinner menu.

AmaAma (if it’ll even be called that) is slated to come back next year.

This is all according to someone I know in F&B upper management.

Sorry for the confusion, if you see my previous post it mentioned Off the Hook would be expanding into the AmaAma space. I meant the newly expanded Off the Hook will have a new menu. Which is a big relief since the poolside menu is similar (possibly the same?) to the Off the Hook dinner menu.

AmaAma (if it’ll even be called that) is slated to come back next year.

This is all according to someone I know in F&B upper management.

they are bold not to have a second table service restaurant. Ugh.

We will see. I think they have to compete with Four Seasons and in opinion Ama Ama was primo location. We had a pairing dinner there for our 50th Anniversary and the food and service were superb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter