Am I too late for AP rate for AUG 15 -21

hkwhite004

Earning My Ears
I saw the AP rates were out shortly after 10pm tonight. Does anyone think I could possible get the Yacht Club standard for Aug 15-21. I cannot believe I missed the rates today!! Now I have to wait til 7am tomorrow to call. I will not sleep at all tonight. I appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

I call this morning to change my reservation to an AP rate at the YC. Didn't have any standard view rooms with the AP rate. My dates are July 11 - 18. They did have standard views at the BC available so I switched to the BC. The CM I spoke with said she didn't see any standard views showing at all - but did have water view at the YC for 284.00 per night.

I would start calling at or before 7am. Have other choices lined up if your first choice isn't available. The room reservations made yesterday will expire May 16th if no deposit is put down. If you don't get what you want today(Thursday), try calling back on May 16th & 17th when rooms will be coming back into the system after being put on courtesy hold.

I feel your pain. Usually I'm the one who finds out about AP rates the day *after* they go on sale. I got very lucky this time and happened to call Wednesday morning around 7:30...

Good luck :) ,
agnes!

Glad you got what you wanted!!!! There seems (at least in my unscientific opinion ;)) to be better availability with this round of codes than with the previous one. I was able to get the code applied to every reservation I wanted it for with only having to change one person's view. They had 3 rooms they wanted near each other so we moved the all from standard view up a notch. They still saved money so everyone was happy. :)

For anyone who may not have gotten what they want....remember that they will do a 14 day hold on reservations for people. Lots of people request quotes for the same trip from more than one travel agency to try to find (1) the best deal and (2) an agency/agent they feel most comfortable with. It happens often that more than one room is held for that person and they will, obviously, book at most one of them. Lots of people request quotes for things they don't really plan to book, they just wonder what the price would be or they are budgeting for a trip they will book themselves. Some people respond back to the quote with a "thanks but no thanks" but many do not. Of the ones who respond back, some agencies have a policy that you call to cancel those rooms and free up space immediately for someone else, others are busy enough that they aren't able to do that. Moral of the story is...the holds placed yesterday will drop off on the 18th if not paid. So call early on the 19th and maybe availability will open up then. According to our sales rep, rooms that have never been secured with a deposit DO go back to the discounted pool rather than the rack rate pool.

Of course calling every so often between now and then can't hurt either!

Hope this helps someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter