Am I the only one who's bummed at all the MVMCP dates messing with my MK days?

There’s almost always a huge swing in crowd levels between party and non-party days. The more party days within a 7 day span, the more pronounced this becomes. August will be less impacted while Oct and Dec more so.

Understandably most guests don’t like the idea of shorter MK hours and no fireworks. Sat and Mon are usually the busiest non-party days at MK. Hopper works well for doing morning/afternoon at MK on party day, then go elsewhere for evening. Without hopper usually Wed is best if you want the longer hours and fireworks. Wed is also good for hopping into MK to see the fireworks.

We're planning our upcoming winter trip to WDW (early December)...do not have park reservations in place yet.
We are not going to the Christmas Party during our stay but wondering if you have found Magic Kingdom to be more crowded on MVMCP days, because people are entering the park and just staying for the party? Or is MK less crowded on MVMCP days because people are avoiding MK due to the party that evening? Thanks for any opinions about this.
Your question has been merged with a thread opened a week ago discussing this topic. Lots of helpful information in the posts above.

My thought - we plan our MK days on party days!

We go to MK on a party day because the crowds can be low. We'll hop over to see the fireworks on our AK day. we're usually done with AK before 2.

We went last Dec and did 1 party day and 1 non-party day. We really regretted the non-party day, it was way less fun than the party day and we all agreed (kids too) that next time we would only do party days at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter