Am I the only one who was not impressed by FOP?

We went on FOP last week and even though I enjoyed it, I feel it did not live up to the hype.

I don’t know if it was because of the glasses I had on were dirty or defective, but too much of the ride was blurry.

For us it was a one and done.

If its possible you had dirty or defective glasses that caused blurriness, you really should give the ride another chance.

I think a lot of people have very high expectations after seeing the hype and massive wait time, and are easily let down if its not what they are expecting. I'm not sure any ride is worth a 2+ hour wait, but we did find FOP impressive and probably the most unique ride at WDW.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced the blurriness!

We loved the ride the first few times. But on I think our 4th ride the luster had really worn off and we noticed how blurry it was. From our 1st to 4th ride about 10 months had elapsed so perhaps it was just the glasses. It is my issue with simulators. They just don't hold up like the "old fashioned" rides. I've ridden Space mountain probably 100 times. Never gets old!

ETA: But I still highly recommend it to people if they've never ridden it. It's a must do. At least 3 times :)

It was a one and done for me unless the wait were to become minimal... simply over hyped.
I agree. It was a tad over hyped. When i hear stories about people crying from happiness because it was so amazing, i wonder...am I missing something? Lol. Truly, aside from the fact that it made me nauseous...i thought it was ok otherwise.

We went on FOP last week and even though I enjoyed it, I feel it did not live up to the hype.

I don’t know if it was because of the glasses I had on were dirty or defective, but too much of the ride was blurry.

For us it was a one and done.

Honestly I wasn’t blown away. Maybe it’s cause I went right at rope drop and didn’t see the entire queue but besides outside there was no theming. It was like being in an industrial building. Then you are in a stark room climbing on a bike.

Sure the actual ride looked cool and was fun but I prefer Soarin and it doesn’t compare to a ride like Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts (different parks I know but just for my point of reference in how I’d compare them).

Personally I loved it. Only ridden it once so far but at the time was with my parents, sis and two nieces. Everyone was blown away. I'd say it ranks up there among the best theme park attractions I've ever been on. Now, I am looking forward to getting a re-ride or two on it so I can see how it holds up once the wow factor has worn off. The theming is incredible though and it really is quite thrilling. Now, is it worth a 3 hour wait? I don't think ANY theme park attraction is worth that long of a wait. And it is certainly not for everyone. But it exceeded expectations for me.

I ended up riding it 5 times over my 2 week trip. It was amazing. Best theme park ride ever (before my favourite was Escape from Gringotts).

My entire group loved it. So nice that even my non - coaster loving SIL and brother could enjoy it too. Unfortunately I made the mistake of FoP being their first Disney ride. They said everything else paled in comparison after lol! They even chose to wait in standby at closing one night even though they had been on it 2-3 times already. They said it was so good, they were prepared to wait up to 2 hrs for it. Thankfully, it was just 45 mins :)

That said DH rode it once and he isn't interested in riding it again. He only has one working eye though so while he can see 3D I bet it affects how he is able to view the ride. And he said it made him slightly queasy. He much prefers Soarin'.

I am short, ( 5’1”)Pooh sized, ( XL to 2xl) with a “not obvious” hip birth defect (dysplasia), and I wear glasses...lol...(wow I got everything right there) ...and I LOVED FOP.

I really enjoyed the ride vehicle...how it really felt I was on the back of an amazing flying beast.

I have a history of hip issues and I was concerned I might not be able to ride because of possible limited mobility.

I am very happy to say I had no issues and was very happy with my experience. I felt it was the next gen in rides and am extremely impressed. I felt very secure and comfortable, and saw everything clearly. We went May of 2018.

DH, DS15, DS12, and I all thought it was awesome!
We rode it 3 times last trip (2 with F+, once getting in line right before close) and would have loved to ride it again, but we don't wait 2+ hours for anything. LOL.

DH and I have been on this ride 3 times (on two different trips) and think this ride is AWESOME, probably the best ride at WDW. However, we wouldn't wait 3 hours for any ride. It may be the 3D glasses, as they fit us fine.

I’ve only ridden it when I’ve had a FP for it, because I do not possess the patience to wait in line that long (Star Wars stuff will probably change that, but I don’t have a lifetime attachment to anything Avatar related) I think FOP lives up to the hype, it’s a spectacular simulator ride, but the pre-show drives me crazy, it’s long, which I get, because you need it for crowd control, but it’s sooooooooo repetitive, and not really on safety stuff, just exposition I don’t care about really only needs to be conveyed once, thanks.
Also it’s not polite to make people stand in line for 2 hours and then tell them they have parasites.:rotfl:

I’m not big on simulator rides, I prefer rides that move. I could also do without the pre-show on rides that have them. Once and done would have been enough for me, but Hubbs likes it. If he can suck up motion sickness on the Tea Cups, I can do FOP. That being said, the most he would ever wait is an hour.

I was underwhelmed. The technology is great, the content is super boring and not relevant to many people. Like, I don't care about Avatar and flying through Pandora. Give me something I can relate to and actually care about and it would be a much better ride. An Avatar based land was one of Disney's stupidest decisions, IMO.

I wasn't impressed with the land either, FWIW.

It was fine. Enjoyable, even. No blurriness for us. But we walked away afterwards all feeling that we were glad we did it and aren't sure we care if we ever ride it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter