Am I the only one who thinks the Master Chef dinner was AWFUL?

Don't forget that if the desserts don't appeal to you on a particular night, you can always ask for a Mickey's head ice cream pop off of the kids menu.

DH and DD7 LOVED the scallops, I had the lobster roll and was very disappointed. Can't remember if I had the pork or the lamb, but I did have the Coffee/Chocolate tart. Lumiere's was very warm that evening and the service was extremely slow. I ended up spending the evening in our stateroom with the A/C and sent DH & DD to see Hercules without me!

I'm very sorry to hear the International Parade of flags has been discontinued. It was one of the highlights of the dining experience. Sometimes "politically correct" can be taken a little "too far", in my humble opinion. :(

Gosh, I can't even remember what I ate on any night! I know some nights it was harder for me to choose something to eat. I am a bit of a picky eater. I did try to be adventuous now and again and sometimes it worked (Calamari at Palo's) and sometimes it didn't (Lobster bisque? soup in one of the regular restaurants).

Tulirose I have had good Lobster Bisque elsewhere, but not on the ship. It was YUKE!!!!

I have to agree with Jerry. This was not my favorite menu on the cruise. I think I liked it better than Jerry, my pork tendeloin was not dry. But the apple strudel was rather tasteless.

Tulirose and I both had the LB but sent it back and had something else. I don't remember what. But I had the rack of lamb that night and it was wonderful! I had to ask for the mint jelly to go with it, Mike contends that it tastes like toothpaste, but I liked it.

Yes the Bisque was nasty.
Kathy

I agree Jerry. We all ended up with turkey on Sunday night because we don't eat lamb and remembered that we thought a lot of the seafood dishes were too fishy tasting on our last cruise. One night DD did order a crab/lobster cake-thingy as her starter and I could smell it all the way across the table. She had to send it back. Maryland is the crabcake mecca of the east coast so I told her she should never have ordered crab and expected the yummy crabcakes we have here.

While I will agree I'd like to see the menus changed, I'd like to put my 2 cents worth in on the Master Chefs dinner. I thought it was very yummy. I had to decide between the turkey, orecchiette pasta, and the tenderloin and I went for the pasta. It was delicious though after seeing my hubby's turkey I was lusting after that.

:) M

Sandee your right nothing compares to a good Maryland crabcake. YUMMY!!! :tongue:

Regarding the parade of flags- on our recent 4-day Wonder cruise, the servers peformed the parade of flags, led by the American flag, at dinner the 4th night of the cruise. The musical peice for the parade was "It's a Small World". That night was the master Chef menu, and most folks had the turkey at our table. It was very good, but nothing fancy or special.

:)

The Parade of Nations/Flags was performed on our April Magic cruise also!

The parade was also performed this past week on the Magic. It was nice to the all the flags. I can't see why anyone would be offended.

I had the scallops (very good) and the port tenderloin (mine was very moist and tasty). Maybe it is the luck of the draw as to what piece you get.

Every meal we had this week was great. I did not have to cook, or clean up. I can't understand when people say the food is not good on the Magic. What are they eating every night at home, gourmet meals. Our servers bent over backwards to make sure were were satisfied.

One night I had the lobster bisque and that was the only thing I could not eat and asked them to take it away. I ordered another app. and was happy.

Anything that I do not have to prepare or serve, or clean up is good to me!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter