• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one who enjoyed Believe?

We enjoy the show.
I mostly see it as a thin story line stitching together some of my favorite musical numbers.
I see it the same way, and the story isn't enough for me to get the show. It really feels like they developed a few set piece numbers, then worked a razor-thin plot (and a genie) around them in an attempt to tie things together.

I think that if you're there just for the Disney songs, you'll really like the show. But if you're looking for something more out of your jukebox musical, it will be sorely lacking.

Believe is my husband's favorite show! I'm a big fan too. Realy though I like all of the shows (Golden Mickeys exclusively because of the hilarious Cruella number).

I enjoy all of the stage shows, but in truth they all blur together for me. We've done two cruises on Fantasy and two on Magic, and have watched all three shows on every cruise. I know that Dreams has the girl in her bedroom. I think one of them was about teenagers about to move on to university, and the other is about a girl whose father was too busy for her on her birthday. Or something like that. But that's really all I remember, and I wouldn't be able to tell you which is which. From the comments here I'd guess the girl and her father is Believe and the teenagers are Wishes? But really, they're kind of all the same. The music and dancing is good, but I think the plot in all of them is pretty mundane.

I enjoy all of the stage shows, but in truth they all blur together for me. We've done two cruises on Fantasy and two on Magic, and have watched all three shows on every cruise. I know that Dreams has the girl in her bedroom. I think one of them was about teenagers about to move on to university, and the other is about a girl whose father was too busy for her on her birthday. Or something like that. But that's really all I remember, and I wouldn't be able to tell you which is which. From the comments here I'd guess the girl and her father is Believe and the teenagers are Wishes? But really, they're kind of all the same. The music and dancing is good, but I think the plot in all of them is pretty mundane.
Correct. The High School graduates visiting Disneyland "one last time" is Wishes.
And the too busy father one is Believe.

I love all the shows.....but glad Wishes is going. I also think the plot on Believe is weak but love all the songs. Golden Mickey's is one of my favorites and I can't understand why some hate it so much lol!!! It traditional for us to see all the shows each cruise even though we have seen them all several times before. I wouldn't think of missing a show!!!

MJ

I keep seeing posts about skipping Believe and how it is not worth it. Saw it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Actors who played the dad at my showings were not that great, to be honest, but I really enjoyed the other aspects of it. Must be the air on the cruise or something
I love Believe! I cry every time!

I find all the plotlines of Dreams, Believe, Wishes etc. extremely thin, but not a reason to skip the show. I like that they have some classic songs plus some songs you don't hear in every show. Like Zero to Hero from Hercules or Higitus Figitus from the Sword in the Stone.

I love Under the Sea, but it is used in so many fireworks shows or other parks shows, in so many compilations, that I always think it's the 'easy' way out when creating a show.

I didn’t walk into “Believe” (or any of the scripted shows) expecting anything approaching a compelling storyline. I expected the plot to be some inoffensive pablum to serve as a pretext to showcase a decent Genie and some impressive set-pieces. And I was not disappointed.

I’m not going to miss the show, but I thought it was OK for what it was.

Next to Beauty and the Beast, Believe is my favorite DCL production show!

I didn’t walk into “Believe” (or any of the scripted shows) expecting anything approaching a compelling storyline. I expected the plot to be some inoffensive pablum to serve as a pretext to showcase a decent Genie and some impressive set-pieces. And I was not disappointed.

I’m not going to miss the show, but I thought it was OK for what it was.
I think that after reading trip reports I got too much of a "rose coloured glasses" view of Believe and Wishes. If you're good with the set pieces and the singing (the singing was quite good) then I can understand enjoying the shows. For me, I'm the type that can barely survive Mamma Mia and it's wacky stack sitcom plot (it doesn't help that I dislike ABBA). So you can imagine how much I enjoyed Believe and it's below grade sitcom plot.

I think that after reading trip reports I got too much of a "rose coloured glasses" view of Believe and Wishes. If you're good with the set pieces and the singing (the singing was quite good) then I can understand enjoying the shows. For me, I'm the type that can barely survive Mamma Mia and it's wacky stack sitcom plot (it doesn't help that I dislike ABBA). So you can imagine how much I enjoyed Believe and it's below grade sitcom plot.

Well, in all fairness, we probably aren't the target demographic. What we adults consider to be a stock storyline, or a tired, worn-out trope is probably something new and exciting to a six-year old, y'know?

I'm in the don't like it camp. I think it is because I don't really like the songs in it so they don't save the "story" for me.
I do like Wishes and am disappointed they are replacing it instead of Believe on the Fantasy. Luckily we will get to see it once more before it goes.
What are they replacing it with?

I enjoy Believe a lot! I like the chimney sweep dance so very much!! The show that I can miss is Golden Mickeys, but I have seen it many many times.

Well, in all fairness, we probably aren't the target demographic. What we adults consider to be a stock storyline, or a tired, worn-out trope is probably something new and exciting to a six-year old, y'know?
Very true. Although they probably won't notice any storyline anyway as long as Genie pops in here and there.

I think it is Wishes that is being replaced with Frozen. Believe will remain.

I "believe" you are correct. I think that tells you what guests as a whole like the least, among the 3 on the Fantasy: Wishes. If Wishes got higher guest ratings than Believe, it would have been the one to stay.

I wonder if DCL could create a revue that is similar to a concert, where the set list rotated every once in a while (but keeping the key songs/sets).

Substitute Gaston with How Far I'll Go, for example (don't ask me how that would work.). This way the story stays the same, yet feels different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter