• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one who enjoyed Believe?

h3kta

Earning My Ears
I keep seeing posts about skipping Believe and how it is not worth it. Saw it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Actors who played the dad at my showings were not that great, to be honest, but I really enjoyed the other aspects of it. Must be the air on the cruise or something

I agree, the dad part is...well...anyway, the rest is good. DW & I were dicussing this last night and she wants to go just for Step in Time along with the Dig a Little Deeper parts.

I thought it was pretty good! It's hard to convince my kids to see the shows, and I dragged DS to it and he enjoyed it too! Maybe I wouldn't need to see it again, but it was a nice way to pass the time.

I loved it. Then again I am a mom who has to work long hours and lots of business trips so I was for sure its target audience.

My kids loved it (last trip they were 5, 8, and 10), especially the Genie. We've seen it on both the Dream and Fantasy and it's the show they talked the most about after our trips.

I really liked it. I've seen it twice and would say it's worth seeing to someone who hasn't seen it. Now I don't make it a point to go, I don't feel that I have to resee it again so I'd rather spend more time at the pool area than rush to get ready.

I didn't like it at all, but we also decided to stay in the room that night and watch it on the TV instead of in the theater since I wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it more live, but I thought the story wasn't that great and the songs didn't really go well together. I liked the other two shows on the ship.

I've seen it twice and enjoyed it, I love the shows, but I probably would skip it next time.

I only like the shows based on the movies (Tangled, Aladdin, BATB, etc.). I will be finding something better to do on the nights that Believe, Wishes, etc. are in the theater - and I feel very free! :)

My family thoroughly enjoyed the production shows on the Dream last December. I don't understand why people don't like them. They're easy-to-understand Disney based stories with singing and dancing along a thin plot. Perfect for a Disney inspired vacation.

Last edited:
I keep seeing posts about skipping Believe and how it is not worth it. Saw it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Actors who played the dad at my showings were not that great, to be honest, but I really enjoyed the other aspects of it. Must be the air on the cruise or something

Personally, it's the genie that I can't stand. :rolleyes1 (The actor is good, the character is not my cup of tea).

Thank you for this post. I love Believe, but I think I am one of the few who do not like beauty and the beast. Too rushed and full of special effects instead of heart like Believe.

It was cute, but kind of a one and done for me. The actor who played Genie made the show for us for sure. Honestly, the main girl drove me nuts. Didn't love the twenty-something year old playing a middle schooler (or however old she was). Kind of got awkward.

I'm in the don't like it camp. I think it is because I don't really like the songs in it so they don't save the "story" for me.
I do like Wishes and am disappointed they are replacing it instead of Believe on the Fantasy. Luckily we will get to see it once more before it goes.

I'm in the don't like it camp. I think it is because I don't really like the songs in it so they don't save the "story" for me.
I do like Wishes and am disappointed they are replacing it instead of Believe on the Fantasy. Luckily we will get to see it once more before it goes.
I don't like it very much, either. But my reasoning is mostly due to my theater work years ago. The storyline is weak, the characters are not well done, and the writing (other than the songs) is pretty bad.

It also seems like a reworking of the basic Disney's Dreams story. A kid is having a problem, and Disney characters appear (with musical accompaniment) to sing and dance her into solving/accepting her life.

I think Wishes is the same, the only saving grace that Wishes has was it was about the west coast Disney people (yay, Disneyland!). There's not a lot of acknowledgement when people talk about "Disney" that there's another park here.

Watching the shows is just part of the tradition of DCL cruises for us. My daughter and I like all of them. I don't know if we'd call them great, but they are nostalgic for us. We've seen Believe 4 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter