• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one who dislikes Mickey Bars and Dole Whips?

The dole whip-vanilla swirl is my favorite. But I like pineapple—plenty of people don’t.

The one thing I didn’t get was the ice cream at beaches & cream. Just did’t seem very good quality, especially when you are just a short walk from l’artisan des glaces.

Dole whips are gross (as is anything pineapple).

Mickey bars are good for their sentimental value.

Me too!!! I really dislike most Disney sweets. The cupcakes are too much but I adore the peanut butter cookie. Rice krispie treats have never been my thing either.

Around midnight, DCL's room service Mickey bars taste amazing and they are a mysteriously magical cure-all for hangovers. ;)552058

I’ve tried, I really have with the Mickey Bars and Dole Whips, I feel I must be un Disney. Don’t care for the chocolate on the Mickey Bars and the Dole Whips are just ok. I love the Citrus Swirls however, those are on my can’t miss list! I like churros so maybe I’m still in the Club.
I prefer a Mickey ice cream sandwich. I can't find many cookies and cream flavored ice cream sandwiches around me.

This is new? I thought finding them revolting (which I do) is par for the course.

I don't think the idea of disliking them is new. I've always disliked them...too smoky for me! But, the idea of coming out and saying it is.

I don't think the idea of disliking them is new. I've always disliked them...too smoky for me! But, the idea of coming out and saying it is.

Interesting. I've seen it for a while. I guess it comes and goes.

I’ve tried, I really have with the Mickey Bars and Dole Whips, I feel I must be un Disney. Don’t care for the chocolate on the Mickey Bars and the Dole Whips are just ok. I love the Citrus Swirls however, those are on my can’t miss list! I like churros so maybe I’m still in the Club.
I'm with ya. I don't love Mickey bars (I do love the Mickey ice cream sandwiches though!) and Dole Whips are a couple bites for me and I'm tired of the taste. We can still love Disney and not those snacks :flower1:

You are not alone op. I dislike the dole whip BUT... I am willing to try one of the other flavors lol
And I do enjoy the Mickey bars.. heck, any ice cream Dipped in chocolate.

Mickey bars are just okay and there are so many other sweet treats to try, why bother? As for Dole Whips, any combination of fruit and milk is a no go for me.

Mickey Bars are a total waste of stomach space (for me personally) when there is so many other things I want to snack on throughout the day. Dole Whip is fantastic, although I think I prefer the Citrus Swirl. And now that I've typed all of this I somehow feel like I committed heresy.

I agree with you. I don't like the Mickey bars but I really enjoy the vanilla/pineapple swirl float. The citrus swirl is super yummy too.

Never tried a Dole whip, can't eat pineapple. Mickey bars were kind of special when they were made with Dove chocolate. Now they're just normal ice cream bars you can get at Walmart.
Had to try a turkey leg because they looked and smelled delicious. Greasy and full of tendons. I've never had a second.
Best dessert snack on property (my opinion only of course) is the Beignets from the bakery in Port Orleans which sadly is closed much like everything else.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't care for either of them. Have no problem walking by a churro or turkey leg or pretzel either!
Now those terrible rice krispy treats? I do enjoy one of those per trip !

Rice krispy treats are so quick and easy to make fresh at home (I just did last week). Plus they often put toppings on the ones in the parks and I just want a straight up plain rice krispy treat. Toppings do not improve them.

Dole Whips are a "one and done" for me. I do like a Mickey ice cream sandwich every once in a while, but I don't think I've had a Mickey bar in a decade or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter