Am I out of luck?

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
So my sister and I are heading down to WDW next week. We were supposed to go with our bro-in-law but he's come down with the flu and won't be coming with us now. We are registered to go to the Epcot Moonlight Magic event however we registered under my bro-in-laws DVC account and not mine. I know the account holder you registered under is supposed to be there so without my bro-in-law is there any chance they'll still let us in?

So my sister and I are heading down to WDW next week. We were supposed to go with our bro-in-law but he's come down with the flu and won't be coming with us now. We are registered to go to the Epcot Moonlight Magic event however we registered under my bro-in-laws DVC account and not mine. I know the account holder you registered under is supposed to be there so without my bro-in-law is there any chance they'll still let us in?
Sorry, but they will not let you in unless he is present to check in for the group.

If you wait until the event takes place and show up and the check-in desk at your resort or at the park gate and try to explain the situation, there is unfortunately no way they're going to let you in. DVC is extremely strict about this :(. Like pixiedust2u mentioned, the only thing you can really attempt to do here is contact DVC Member Services ahead of time. There's no guarantee that they'll be able to do anything, but in my past experiences with all branches of Disney support, they will at least try to help.

:hug: Hope brother-in-law feels better soon! And I hope you and sister have an amazing time next week!

The member has to be there. This is a free event for DVC members only so they aren't allowed to just pass it along to anyone or sell them, so Disney requires the member to be in attendance and enter at the same time with proof of membership and an ID. Straight from the Disney website: Member who is selected during the event registration process must be present and check in their full party at the event.

The member has to be there. This is a free event for DVC members only so they aren't allowed to just pass it along to anyone or sell them, so Disney requires the member to be in attendance and enter at the same time with proof of membership and an ID. Straight from the Disney website: Member who is selected during the event registration process must be present and check in their full party at the event.
I could be mistaken, but it appears OP is also a DVC member and they just happen to put it under BIL name. They probably could’ve just as easily put in her name. Bad luck I guess that he ended up the sick one and happens to be the DVC member that it was under.

I still think it’s worth her calling. It’s not like they are trying to pull a fast one on Disney. Stuff like this happens and historically Disney wants to make it work for the consumer.

🤞🤞 OP

You are correct I am also a member (though I'm a he not a her, lol) And yes it was just bad luck that BIL was the one to make the reservation. I called earlier but it appears to be a no go, which really stinks as I was so looking forward to this. Though given my luck over the last couple of years I can't say I'm shocked. Pretty sure someone out has but a hex on me or something, lol.

You are correct I am also a member (though I'm a he not a her, lol) And yes it was just bad luck that BIL was the one to make the reservation. I called earlier but it appears to be a no go, which really stinks as I was so looking forward to this. Though given my luck over the last couple of years I can't say I'm shocked. Pretty sure someone out has but a hex on me or something, lol.
The last year they were supposedly meh, if that helps.

I’m sorry OP, that stinks! It’s too bad you can’t put a reservation under more than one name. I’m sure your not the first, or last person for this to happen to.

You can also see if anybody has extra tickets they aren't using last minute. You would just have to meet them at the gate.

We are going but only have 1 extra ticket (right now, though I'm waiting on a response) otherwise I would offer.

EDITED TO ADD: if this is the DVC event, you may want to post in the DVC forum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter