Am I missing something?

Lexje06

Earning My Ears
Okay. I might feel really slow after reading some of the answers but I need to know - how does Disney know what rides I’m riding and where I am sitting?!!

I just looked on my photo pass and there are so many photos of my son and me on rides I never swiped my wrist band to add. Like how did they know that was us? It’s kinda creepy.

Also- when we rode its a small world with early morning magic our names popped up as we were finishing the ride. Like uh- how did they know we were on that ride that min and on top of that, where we were sitting on the boat.

Okay. I might feel really slow after reading some of the answers but I need to know - how does Disney know what rides I’m riding and where I am sitting?!!

I just looked on my photo pass and there are so many photos of my son and me on rides I never swiped my wrist band to add. Like how did they know that was us? It’s kinda creepy.

Also- when we rode its a small world with early morning magic our names popped up as we were finishing the ride. Like uh- how did they know we were on that ride that min and on top of that, where we were sitting on the boat.

Magic Bands weren’t developed as part of a $2B project just for guest convenience.

If you don’t want them tracking you, wear a really really old mb as the battery for the long range stuff does die eventually, or use no mb at all.

Your MagicBand has two transmitters inside. A short range chip that can be read when you hold it near a reader (similar to a contactless credit card reader) and a long-range battery-powered chip that transmits maybe 30 feet around you. This is how little features work, such as why your name might appear on a digital sign in the Expedition Everest queue, or how they might locate a lost child.

For more information, here’s Disney’s page about it: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/frequency-technology/

If you don’t like the idea of the MagicBand, you can request a card instead which can do everything the MagicBand does, except it has no long-range transmitter.

On the first night of your vacation they sneak into your room while you sleep and plant a Mickey shaped tracker in your shoe.

There are transmitters in the magic bands, they are technically "trackers" but you don't have to wear them. Some people opt for the cards but I'm not gunna lie those are very easy to lose.

I wondered this too but then I’ve also got lots of random people on my photos and I don’t know who has pics of me and my husband so i’m a bit disappointed I missed out on some! Thanks for asking this question :)

But I am pretty sure that on rides, the magicband reads to the vehicle, then to the camera. That is why if you are evacuated a shot of an empty ride car will show up.

I wondered this too but then I’ve also got lots of random people on my photos and I don’t know who has pics of me and my husband so i’m a bit disappointed I missed out on some! Thanks for asking this question :)

You can send a request to get your photos. I was missing quite a few from my trip last year. It only took a day for them to respond and add the photos to my Memory Maker.

Link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/contact-us/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter