Am I doing it right with the MNSSHP and Pre FP's?

AliceinMaryland

Mouseketeer
First, I have reg park tickets with FP's made for 4 days before and 2 days after our scheduled party night. The other day I went and tried to make FP's for 4-7pm for before the party(because I kept forgetting I could). We are not using a park day for before the party. The system was letting me pick FP times anytime before 7pm, as in 2-3pm or 10:20-11:20am. I couldn't get 3 FP to fit exactly between 4-7 so my first FP is from 3:20-4:20 and the next are 4:20 and 5:20. Does the system think I'm using a reg park day to make those FP's since it's letting me make the start before the opening 4pm???? Or is it ok because the time to let us in happens to be before the expiring time of the first FP?

And with all the confusion and messing up that MDE has going on, I'm just scared that something will go wrong and when they scan my MB it will use a reg park day instead of the MNSSHP ticket. With that in mind, is it recommended to give them your MNSSHP ticket or trust that the MB will know to use the MNSSHP as long as we only go in after 4pm?

Also, on MDE, under tickets, it shows my regular tickets and my MNSSHP tickets. Under itinerary, it does not list our MNSSHP party, shouldn't it???

First, I have reg park tickets with FP's made for 4 days before and 2 days after our scheduled party night. The other day I went and tried to make FP's for 4-7pm for before the party(because I kept forgetting I could). We are not using a park day for before the party. The system was letting me pick FP times anytime before 7pm, as in 2-3pm or 10:20-11:20am. I couldn't get 3 FP to fit exactly between 4-7 so my first FP is from 3:20-4:20 and the next are 4:20 and 5:20. Does the system think I'm using a reg park day to make those FP's since it's letting me make the start before the opening 4pm???? Or is it ok because the time to let us in happens to be before the expiring time of the first FP?

And with all the confusion and messing up that MDE has going on, I'm just scared that something will go wrong and when they scan my MB it will use a reg park day instead of the MNSSHP ticket. With that in mind, is it recommended to give them your MNSSHP ticket or trust that the MB will know to use the MNSSHP as long as we only go in after 4pm?

Also, on MDE, under tickets, it shows my regular tickets and my MNSSHP tickets. Under itinerary, it does not list our MNSSHP party, shouldn't it???

Hopefully a more veteran DISer can chime in but my understanding is to keep your MNSSHP as hard tickets while going through turnstiles to avoid the possible electronic confusion. I've read on this board in the past where its gotten screwed up but have yet to hear anyone say its gotten messed up if you come in via hard ticket and avoid the possible risk.

Also its my understanding it won't let you make the FP if it doesn't recognize you have MNSSHP tickets, but that its just not smart enough to only let you make FP from 4-7.

I have 4 regular park day tickets and my MNSSHP tickets linked to my account. I have 4 different days of FP scheduled plus my 5th day of 4-7p FPs scheduled (with the first sched between 330-430). Its of my understanding that if it didn't recognize those party tickets it would not allow you to make FP for that day too and say something along the lines of you needing another park ticket to make those FPs. Like I said even with the FPs and party tickets linked I still fully intend to have them printed out for the turnstiles to scan instead of using my bands to hopefully avoid a scew up.

Don't use my words as stone but that has been my understanding with the research I've done. Hope that helps and good luck!

First, I have reg park tickets with FP's made for 4 days before and 2 days after our scheduled party night. The other day I went and tried to make FP's for 4-7pm for before the party(because I kept forgetting I could). We are not using a park day for before the party. The system was letting me pick FP times anytime before 7pm, as in 2-3pm or 10:20-11:20am. I couldn't get 3 FP to fit exactly between 4-7 so my first FP is from 3:20-4:20 and the next are 4:20 and 5:20. Does the system think I'm using a reg park day to make those FP's since it's letting me make the start before the opening 4pm???? Or is it ok because the time to let us in happens to be before the expiring time of the first FP? And with all the confusion and messing up that MDE has going on, I'm just scared that something will go wrong and when they scan my MB it will use a reg park day instead of the MNSSHP ticket. With that in mind, is it recommended to give them your MNSSHP ticket or trust that the MB will know to use the MNSSHP as long as we only go in after 4pm? Also, on MDE, under tickets, it shows my regular tickets and my MNSSHP tickets. Under itinerary, it does not list our MNSSHP party, shouldn't it???

I am in the same boat as you. I am only doing MNSSHP on one of our days and when I went to book FP for that day, I ended up choosing three....3:20, 4:20, and a 5:20. I booked all three in Frontierland with the intention of getting in right at 4 and hopping on the train to FL to make it to splash before my first pass expires. From there we go right to BTM, then dinner at pecs, followed by our last FP at POTC .

As far as only being able to book til 7, that's when the park closes to reg guests and there are no FP during the party.

I'm bringing my hard ticket and I will have them scan that, just to make sure that they don't accidentally take a park day off.

I'm using my hard ticket to enter the park on our MNSSHP night, not my MB. I don't trust the new system yet.

I'm using my hard ticket to enter the park on our MNSSHP night, not my MB. I don't trust the new system yet.
The Disney IT guy I talked to (about another issue) recommended that. I know--grain of salt--but I'm using my hard ticket too, just in case.

Same boat here. Have unlinked hard tickets at this point and plan to use those to enter MNSSHP. Unless someone else here knows I'm going to call IT because I'm wondering if my MM will still be active as long as we have our magic bands on. So, I don't know if we our party tickets that are not linked will the technology in our MB (with our active tickets, resort res, etc) still know we are at party for picture places. Does that make sense? I'm confusing myself! LOL

Quick question with regard to hard tickets. When I purchased my party tix, I didn't choose will call or have them mailed, they were simply "there" in MDE.

We arrive the day before the party we are attending, and not going to any parks on arrival day. We are, however likely going to brave the construction zone that is DTD. Can we go to guest services there and get hard tix instead of having them on our bands?

I have a question about this too, thought I would post on this instead of starting a similar thread. I have 5 day park hoppers and a party day on Tues Oct 21. We are using our regular passes for entry into AK that morning and have FP+ scheduled. I have read that you can link your MNSSHP tickets to your MDE and get three extra FP+ from 4-7. We have linked up our party tickets but can't quite figure out how to get those FPs. We tried to schedule them but it wants to take away our previously scheduled AK FPs. What am I doing wrong?

I have a question about this too, thought I would post on this instead of starting a similar thread. I have 5 day park hoppers and a party day on Tues Oct 21. We are using our regular passes for entry into AK that morning and have FP+ scheduled. I have read that you can link your MNSSHP tickets to your MDE and get three extra FP+ from 4-7. We have linked up our party tickets but can't quite figure out how to get those FPs. We tried to schedule them but it wants to take away our previously scheduled AK FPs. What am I doing wrong?

What you read is incorrect or you misunderstood it. You cannot get extra FP on the same day, even if using different ticket media. The MDX system will not allow one person on one account to have more than 3 FPs in a day.

When I called,I was told there are no fastpasses for the mnsshp.If you manage to get any they will be charged to your regular park admission.

What you read is incorrect or you misunderstood it. You cannot get extra FP on the same day, even if using different ticket media. The MDX system will not allow one person on one account to have more than 3 FPs in a day.

Thanks mesaboy2, I guess I did misunderstand what I read.

1. When I called,I was told there are no fastpasses for the mnsshp.

2. If you manage to get any they will be charged to your regular park admission.

1. This is correct. However, they can be scheduled between 4:00p and 7:00p using MNSSHP tickets.

2. Not necessarily true, it depends on each guest's particular ticket situation.

When I called,I was told there are no fastpasses for the mnsshp.If you manage to get any they will be charged to your regular park admission.

1. This is correct. However, they can be scheduled between 4:00p and 7:00p using MNSSHP tickets.

2. Not necessarily true, it depends on each guest's particular ticket situation.

Since we are doing a split stay for our upcoming trip, I decided to link old partially used non expiring MYW tix to MDE.

We have 2 days remaining on each person's tix. I have decided to only use 1 day of the MYW & then use the MNSSHP to enter the park the next day at 4 pm.

IT told me to use the party ticket to enter the park vs our magic bands.

I mentioned that I had booked FP+ after 4 pm that day and was told not to be concerned. I persisted that I was nervous about it. was told if it would make me feel better then to use one of the FPs. Then have GS inside the park scan our MYW tix to verify the correct number of days remaining.

I persisted that I was nervous about it. was told if it would make me feel better then to use one of the FPs. Then have GS inside the park scan our MYW tix to verify the correct number of days remaining.
Excellent idea!! Thanks for sharing that!!

As for the FP with MNSSHP tickets, my parents only have party tickets, and were able to book FP for the whole day. Obviously the only times useful to us are from 4-7, but I don't think it checks what kind of ticket you are using to make FP, only that you have some kind of ticket on your account. And obviously it can't "charge" the FP to a regular admission, since they don't have any.

I have MNSSHP admission only for one day and I was able to book FP for the day. From experience just pick something and play with the times until you can get three between 4-7. Seems like the latest time I could find was 5:30-6:30 so not sure if the latest ones are taken or if that is the latest time. I was able to change my times so we have one 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30. You just have to play with it a little since it won't overlap times for the same person so you really need a 4:10-4:30 end time for your first pass to fit in all three.

Hopefully we can get in at 4 and get to the first one by 4:30...Not sure how much time to allow getting into the gate at 4 so we'll see.

I have MNSSHP admission only for one day and I was able to book FP for the day. From experience just pick something and play with the times until you can get three between 4-7. Seems like the latest time I could find was 5:30-6:30 so not sure if the latest ones are taken or if that is the latest time. I was able to change my times so we have one 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30. You just have to play with it a little since it won't overlap times for the same person so you really need a 4:10-4:30 end time for your first pass to fit in all three.

Hopefully we can get in at 4 and get to the first one by 4:30...Not sure how much time to allow getting into the gate at 4 so we'll see.

You'll be fine. :thumbsup2

What about creating "alter egos" in the MDE account, so the 4-7 FPs are assigned to Huey, Dewey, and Louie? Did Disney close that loophole?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter