Am I crazy to just want to go down and relax?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We had a July 2-11 trip booked with my in laws which we rescheduled for Nov. Now with the resorts being open come June I got the crazy thought about just going down to relax at a resort. It would be my family of 5 DH, twin boys 14 and DD7. We are used to wearing masks all day for work and the kids have also been accustom to it too. Granted the heat is a different factor, but man flights are so cheap and it might be a different experience to just be forced to enjoy the resort. My only concern would be the food offerings, but there is always amazon prime now for some simple stuff.

We are from MA, so not in the group of people who are required to quarantine.

Now to convince my husband. He is used to my crazy ideas so he might just go along with it.

I’ll be at VGF from July 3rd to July 7th...though flying out late on the 6th now,

Things are wide open during that time so I am excited to see how it plays out. I think it’s going to be pretty quiet, especially since the hotel side will be closed!

I say...go for it!

I have a feeling the us/canada border will be closed for most of the summer . Sure wish I could make my July/Aug trip
but I think I will have to cancel as the border won't be open .

Maybe we need to have a social distancing DIS get together somewhere!

I am hoping TOTWL will be open!
OP here - I convinced my DH who hates to fly that this trip would be cheaper than going to the Cape. He was on the fence but the kids helped to persuade him. We booked 6-10 at the boardwalk - the only way i could finagle it and stay within the 50% borrowing was to get a standard studio. Now I wonder what they will do for dining. I'm glad we have a few weeks to figure this out, but we will order from Amazon so that we are not left hungry. We are also hoping for some AP or DVC preview/soft opening. We aren't banking on it but if it happens super and if not we can relax.

We also want to go to top of the world lounge. We figure the week before the official opening they should be gearing up with some stuff being open.

OP here - I convinced my DH who hates to fly that this trip would be cheaper than going to the Cape. He was on the fence but the kids helped to persuade him. We booked 6-10 at the boardwalk - the only way i could finagle it and stay within the 50% borrowing was to get a standard studio. Now I wonder what they will do for dining. I'm glad we have a few weeks to figure this out, but we will order from Amazon so that we are not left hungry. We are also hoping for some AP or DVC preview/soft opening. We aren't banking on it but if it happens super and if not we can relax.

We also want to go to top of the world lounge. We figure the week before the official opening they should be gearing up with some stuff being open.

Never noticed this until today. Places will be open to eat at all resorts, so will pools..not sure which ones.. and other things..

Is Florida's 14 Day quarantine mandate for NY, NJ, & MA still in effect? I thought they were lifting it.

Not crazy at all. If we don't end up getting tickets (haven't bought them yet and no idea if we will buy them), our vacation may just be a resort-only vacation with a wedding in between. Most of us are holding out hope that the DCL will be running in September, but me, I'm pessimistic and say that I don't think it will be running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter