Am I crazy for not planning much?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
Background: We are visiting France for 10 days (2 parents, 2 elementary aged kids) from July 4-14. We are visiting Paris, Loire Valley and Normandy. We will be at DLP for 1 1/2 days, staying onsite with tickets for both parks both days. We've got the Ultimate FastPass, every ride one time for the second (full) day. At this point, with everything else we are doing, I just don't think I need to plan every twist and turn we are going to take. We've done DL and WDW during the American Spring Break and summer breaks and were able to achieve everything we wanted. While we will be there only a short time during high season, for some reason, I think we will be fine. Am I crazy for not planning more? And by more, I mean, I would usually do a turn by turn itinerary for order of rides to hit and characters to meet and shows to watch in order to utilize our time well without exhausting everyone.

I'm not sure why I'm second guessing myself. Thanks in advance!

You are second guessing yourself, because you would normally do an itinerary. You feel you are missing something. But you will be fine. You will know for sure already that you will do all the FP rides at least once. 1.5 days is short for a first time visit, but I think you are having the right approach, you will do and see a lot this holiday, I would just enjoy what you can do. It will be familiar but different :)

Background: We are visiting France for 10 days (2 parents, 2 elementary aged kids) from July 4-14. We are visiting Paris, Loire Valley and Normandy. We will be at DLP for 1 1/2 days, staying onsite with tickets for both parks both days. We've got the Ultimate FastPass, every ride one time for the second (full) day. At this point, with everything else we are doing, I just don't think I need to plan every twist and turn we are going to take. We've done DL and WDW during the American Spring Break and summer breaks and were able to achieve everything we wanted. While we will be there only a short time during high season, for some reason, I think we will be fine. Am I crazy for not planning more? And by more, I mean, I would usually do a turn by turn itinerary for order of rides to hit and characters to meet and shows to watch in order to utilize our time well without exhausting everyone.

I'm not sure why I'm second guessing myself. Thanks in advance!
You will definitely be fine! DLP is like Disneyland in terms of advance planning. At the very least you could make a priority list of rides - things that are repeats from WDW or DL so you don't need to worry about, and things that are definite must-do. And also to prioritize what FPs you may want to get in excess of the Ultimate Fastpass.

You can make ADRs 2 months in advance, but with only 1.5 days I probably wouldn't waste the time needed for those.

I am also an uber-planner so was a bit unsure how much to do for DLP. I did come up with a very basic schedule - like, Day 1 start in Frontierland, work way around to Adventureland, Fantasyland. And I made a list of which QS restaurants I'd be interested in, so when I was hungry I could see which ones were nearby. But there is also just so much more to DLP than the actual attractions - everything is so detailed and allows you to really wander and explore things!

Hope you have fun!

I agree you don’t need a minute by minute plan. Just make a list of things you really want to do and make them a priority. Plan to do EMH so you can see the park before it gets too busy, it really is beautiful and is a lovely time of day to appreciate the attention to detail, especially in Fantasyland. 14th July is Bastille day so expect higher crowds on that day. They used to do extra fireworks in the evening, not sure if they still do. Have fun

You definitely don't need to plan your days out! But just be aware there aren't that many FP rides so some rides you will need to queue a while for - especially crush's coaster. If you definitely want to see the parade and shows it definitely worth having a rough plan so that you don't miss them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter