Am I crazy 4 adults in cat 10

HappyGilmore

It is never to late to have a happy childhood!!!
Just wondering if this has been done and how well you fared? My DH and I are taking our best friends(a husband and wife couple) with us for thier 1st Disney cruise and tried to spare the expense of 2 cabins. I lucked out with a secret port hole room so I didn't have to pay for the view. I am now thinking we are in for some very close quarters!! We get along great and are all very easy going. We told our friends that one would be on the sofa and the other on the pull down bunk and they said they wouldnt care if they had to sleep in the shower!! We just might take them up on that... lol. :0
I would have never attempted this for a 7 day but since it is only 3 days and "you are never in your room very much" as everyone says, maybe we will be okay. They have only been on one other cruise on a ship 1/2 DCL size for thier honeymoon in 1995 and had and inside room. I am thinking they will like this room.
The only other advantage to this situation is that my parents are also joining us for the trip. I thought I might use the shower there if we running late to dinner or something. Only problem with that is we are deck 5 forward they are deck 6 aft. So if anyone reading this is on the 2/13 wonder sailing and you see some crazy woman running down the halls in her bath robe.... that would be me!

Hi Carolyn,
I think you'll be fine in the Cat. 10 especially since it's only a 3 Day Cruise. We were in a Cat. 10 Sept. 2001 and will be again in May. It's exactly the same as a Cat. 9 but without the porthole. I can't remember the weight limit for the pull down bunk so you might want to check on that. You stated that everyone got along great and was easy going which will help alot. The split bath will be a big help as well as GOOD COMMUNICATION. Don't worry, be happy, and have fun!

Carolyn, our only cruise thus far was the 3 day in a Category 9, with 4 adults. I slept on the pull down bunk, DH on the sofa and sis & her hubby lucked out on the draw and got the bed. We had just finished 5 nights at WDW and were in a 1 bdrm villa, so had plenty of space on that end. While the cabin was a little tight, we did just fine. As LadynTramp mentioned, the split bath was a big plus. We really weren't in the cabin much.

We're mid-ship on the 6th deck on the 13th (just DH & I this time), so if you need a pit stop on the way between rooms, let us know. :wave:

Do the cat. 10 rooms have a pull down bunk and a sofa and the bed??????? I was thinking it only had a pull out sofa and a queen or 2 twin beds... Where are the pull down bunks?:(

Do the cat. 10 rooms have a pull down bunk and a sofa and the bed??????? I was thinking it only had a pull out sofa and a queen or 2 twin beds... Where are the pull down bunks?:(

We will be in a Cat. 10 on deck 2. Is the other poster correct in that they are the same as a cat. 9?????Help I leave next week

Yes, cat 10 and cat 9 are pretty much identical in room configuration and square footage, with the main difference being the porthole. Some will sleep 3 and some will sleep 4. If you get one that sleeps 4, there will be a pull down bunk, as well as the sofa converting.

You're not crazy, you'll have fun! Think of it as camping out with much better food! Although with two couples you may have to get a signal for privacy, like a tie on the doorknob;) ;)

I've always said that I'll sleep in the broom closet if they'll take me to Castaway Cay! Our two girls are 8 & 9 and we decided that even as they get older, we'll still be fine in Cat. 9, especially on 3 day.

By the way, the weight limit for the pull down was either 200 or 250 lb. Something like that.

Have a ball!

HappyGilmore, I don't think you're crazy, I think you're nice to take your Friends with you! Heck, If my Friends were taking us on a cruise with them, I'd sleep in the shower too if I had to, LOL :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter