AM EMH at DAK

wisblue

DIS Veteran
In August I experienced for the first time since FOP opened a regular 9 AM park opening at DAK. Our experience that day was consistent with what others have described: guests let through tapstiles about 8:15, held in the approach to Pandora, and then walked toward the two rides at about 8:35. The vast majority headed to FOP on the right while a few went to NRV.

My question is what people have experienced when DAK has morning EMH that begin at 8 AM. Do they let people through the tapstiles before 8 and then hold them inside the park until 8? Or, do they let people through the gates at 8 and allow you to go directly to the Pandora attractions?

In August I experienced for the first time since FOP opened a regular 9 AM park opening at DAK. Our experience that day was consistent with what others have described: guests let through tapstiles about 8:15, held in the approach to Pandora, and then walked toward the two rides at about 8:35. The vast majority headed to FOP on the right while a few went to NRV.

My question is what people have experienced when DAK has morning EMH that begin at 8 AM. Do they let people through the tapstiles before 8 and then hold them inside the park until 8? Or, do they let people through the gates at 8 and allow you to go directly to the Pandora attractions?

All reports here have been that an EMH day is the same as a regular day, so still need to be at AK about an hour before the EMH starts.

All reports here have been that an EMH day is the same as a regular day, so still need to be at AK about an hour before the EMH starts.

Does that mean that they would start letting people in at 7:15 and let you go to FOP as early as 7:30 or a little later?

Or do they first let people go to FOP at 8?

Does that mean that they would start letting people in at 7:15 and let you go to FOP as early as 7:30 or a little later?

I don't think it's exactly 7:15 and 7:30, but FoP will be open and people will be riding before 8:00.

The reports from November were of a 7:15 entry then held at the bridge to Pandora. Guests were walked to FoP at 7:45ish.

We had an EMH opening at 8am Jan8, and they had people riding it before 7:40.

We also did Jan 5, with a standard 8am opening, they also had people riding it before 7:40.

Exact times I’m not sure, but we were there by 7:40 both days and the park entrance was wide open both days and the line was over the bridge for FoP. We did NRJ one day, and just random rides the other. We had FPs for FoP both days.

We had an EMH opening at 8am Jan8, and they had people riding it before 7:40.

We also did Jan 5, with a standard 8am opening, they also had people riding it before 7:40.

Exact times I’m not sure, but we were there by 7:40 both days and the park entrance was wide open both days and the line was over the bridge for FoP. We did NRJ one day, and just random rides the other. We had FPs for FoP both days.
Were there queues to get into the park at 7.40? We are doing an EMH day next month, and heading to the rest of the park at opening as we have a FoP FP, but wondering what time to arrive not to get caught in the Pandora craziness!

Nope, no real queues. But I think it just depends. We had a short line ahead of us at the scanner, but nothing more then normal.

Nope, no real queues. But I think it just depends. We had a short line ahead of us at the scanner, but nothing more then normal.
Thank you, I don't want to arrive earlier than we need to, but don't want to end up stuck in a queue to get in either!

We arrived at EMH recently at 7:20. By the time we made it through bag check & turnstiles, there was already a line. We headed for Na’vi & were finished riding at 7:40. By then the line for FOP was past the Pandora bridge.

We arrived at EMH recently at 7:20. By the time we made it through bag check & turnstiles, there was already a line. We headed for Na’vi & were finished riding at 7:40. By then the line for FOP was past the Pandora bridge.

Were you pleased with this arrival time? We have same plan in March.

Were you pleased with this arrival time? We have same plan in March.
Yes. We had not planned to do FOP at rope drop so it worked great for us. Na’vi was a walk on. Then we walked on Everest 4 times. The park is empty (besides Pandora) for the first couple hours on a EMH day.

If you are planning to ride FOP at RD, I would get there a little earlier.

What time would you guys recommend getting to AM EMH to ride NRJ? We have a FP for FOP on another day and weren’t planning to rope drop NRJ. We are planning next Monday to do a 4 parks in one day starting at AK. We will ride NRJ which we won’t have ridden yet that trip and maybe hop on the safari before heading to MK. Thanks!

In November we arrived a little bit after open--maybe 8:05 and still pretty much walked onto NRJ. The rest of the park was virtually empty for at least an hour and a half.

In November we arrived a little bit after open--maybe 8:05 and still pretty much walked onto NRJ. The rest of the park was virtually empty for at least an hour and a half.
Thanks! I think my travel companions will be much happier getting there at 8 vs 7:15. We are okay waiting 10-15 minutes if we need to. Just kind of wanted to miss that mad dash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter