Always AP rates?

moesy4

Mouseketeer
Long story short, we will be headed to Universal in November with a school group and the tickets are very inexpensive. We would like to stay onsite and book a room for one night at the deluxe hotels for the package, but we were planning on staying on property 3 nights so would probably stay at Dockside and just do a throwaway room. Right now, there are no AP rates out for November, but if it drops the rate enough, we could stay deluxe all 3 days. But the price difference for the ticket for 1 of us to get the season pass is about $230, so it would have to be worth it. Are there always significant AP room discounts or would it be a gamble?

You don't need an AP to book an AP discounted room. You need to have the AP prior to check out. So, no gamble.

Right now there isn't any AP rates, I am assuming they will come out closer to November? But I need to get the school tickeyd in the next couple of weeks if I am going to get them.

Right now there isn't any AP rates, I am assuming they will come out closer to November? But I need to get the school tickeyd in the next couple of weeks if I am going to get them.
Do a search or start a new thread. I have no idea if you can upgrade your school tickets to an AP after you arrive. What will your school tickets cost? How many days? Hopper?

Savvy travelor/prior code was- stay more, save more general public room codes are usually available for discount rooms

it’s a general discount code for the public
I’ve used it a lot when the ap discounts are not available for my stay

Do a search or start a new thread. I have no idea if you can upgrade your school tickets to an AP after you arrive. What will your school tickets cost? How many days? Hopper?
Good news...I checked the FAQs for our school tickets and they can be upgraded. I will book with the rate if it becomes available and upgrade there if needed!

Savvy travelor/prior code was- stay more, save more general public room codes are usually available for discount rooms

it’s a general discount code for the public
I’ve used it a lot when the ap discounts are not available for my stay
Didn't the stay more rates require a 3 or 4 night stay? My memory is AP rates work for a 1 night stay

Follow up question here. I"m am looking into again signing up for AP for myself to get hotel discount. I can book two rooms in my name to get the discount, correct?Both rooms are for my family (we just don't fit into one room at the deluxe resorts unless we get a big suite then it becomes cost prohibitive).

Follow up question here. I"m am looking into again signing up for AP for myself to get hotel discount. I can book two rooms in my name to get the discount, correct?Both rooms are for my family (we just don't fit into one room at the deluxe resorts unless we get a big suite then it becomes cost prohibitive).
Yes you can book 2 rooms with the AP rate in your name. I do it all the time.

Didn't the stay more rates require a 3 or 4 night stay? My memory is AP rates work for a 1 night stay
The number of nights required varies based on what Loews sets

For the AP, it can have specific dates as a requirement

I read somewhere to use APH code for discounts but not seeing anyplace to insert a code. ShouldI try the Lowe’s site?

To get merchandise or food discounts with your AP
while in the park or City Walk, show your ap at the time of purchases

If you are talking about a hotel room discount, it’s not always available.

Those discounted rates are date related and when the number of rooms has hit the quota for ap discounts, you won’t be able to book ap room discount online.

I usually start checking for APH rates about 4 months out. All 5 of our trips have been on holidays (Spring Break, Thanksgiving, President's Day) and we've used APH for all of them. Be prepared to snap them up as soon as you see one; do not wait. I've lost rates in the past by not booking that day.

Typically, the discounts are 30-45% for APH. It might not cost too much more to to 3 nights deluxe instead of 3 nights value + 1 night throw-away. Being at the deluxe resort is a fantastic way to experience Universal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter