Alternatives to DTD Starbucks

FeistyDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite place for morning coffee that isn't the DTD Starbucks? Since they don't have mobile ordering in the morning, we're planning on skipping it and having our first cup at home, but DH really loves coffee and will need seconds once we are in the park. I have completely blanked on where we've gotten coffee in park before though and all I can think of is the DTD Starbucks! Any help jogging my memory would be appreciated :)

It we don't go to DTD starbucks... we go to SBUX in the park. For the first jolt in the am I just use the coffee maker in our room and make sure I have real 1/2 n 1/2 and raw sugar to make it palatable.

I just send my husband ahead to get in the SBUX line before it gets too crazy now that there isn't mobile order. While he's doing that we would go to get our spot at rope drop. Strategy worked really well for us!

We'll be coming from DTD side, by DLH entrance. We'll be wrangling our 5 kids plus our friend's family's 4 kids, so not wanting to separate much the first morning especially. After that first time into the park, I am sure we'll be fine!

We've always done our 1st coffee in the hotel room as we're getting ready to go. Hotel coffee + sugary pastries = plenty of energy for rope drop. All the Sbux (DTD, DL, DCA) are just too darn crowded in the morning and who wants to waste their time waiting in line. Um...well...waiting in the Sbux line!

A few times in the summer we've brought canned espresso 'shots' and tucked them into the mini-fridge to get us going in the morning.

What is your favorite place for morning coffee that isn't the DTD Starbucks? Since they don't have mobile ordering in the morning, we're planning on skipping it and having our first cup at home, but DH really loves coffee and will need seconds once we are in the park. I have completely blanked on where we've gotten coffee in park before though and all I can think of is the DTD Starbucks! Any help jogging my memory would be appreciated :)
When I went in March, DTD Starbucks had mobile ordering in the morning. There's a worker standing at the entrance asking if you're mobile ordering or if you want to go in and order. I mobile ordered.

La Brea Bakery take out has non-Starbucks coffee. I forget which brand. It is a dark roast, which DH likes. In DCA, Ghirardelli has Peet's coffee (or, at least, they did pre-closure). From the DLH side of DTD, you can check Jazz Kitchen Express -- I think they have coffee with chicory.
I was going to suggest La Brea. I went a few times on my 2015 trip, and enjoyed it.

La Brea Bakery take out has non-Starbucks coffee. I forget which brand. It is a dark roast, which DH likes. In DCA, Ghirardelli has Peet's coffee (or, at least, they did pre-closure). From the DLH side of DTD, you can check Jazz Kitchen Express -- I think they have coffee with chicory.
Ooooh! I didn't know about the chicory coffee and from what I can tell they use Cafe du Monde! I'm defo going to hit that up! Love me a Cafe du Monde Au Lait!!

Mid morning in DL we usually mobile order coffee and a bag of beignets at the Mint Julep Bar. It's a great place to people watch and enjoy the New Orleans atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter