Alternative Pirate Outfits

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
Do you guys have any ideas for pirate outfits that aren't super pirate-y? I have a 13 year old son and I don't think he's going to be into the whole pirate thing this year. I'm trying to think of something fun but cool we can do for our pirate night outfits. Any ideas? Maybe some kind of funny t-shirts? Or I don't know, spam me with ideas, please!

We're not planning to do the pirate thing since we're doing Remy on Pirate Night. Instead, we're wearing cocktail dresses, tails and ears like the Lost Boys with our goal to be getting cute pictures with Peter Pan.

20F6F545-C22B-4EB1-A8A0-5DC6745AC718.jpeg This is when my guys were younger and it was our first cruise in 2011, they wore black and purple tee shirts, the bandannas on their heads. I found Eye patches and they wore those. They looked pretty good. Time flies. My youngest is now 18!

Our teenage son went with the skull and crossbones t-shirt route. I still remember it well because it had the phrase "Scars are tattoos with better stories" on it. (he was kind of accident prone in his younger years :sad2:)

My husband has a black Pittsburgh Pirates T-shirt that just says “Pirates”. Every time he wears it on a cruise, he has men come up and say, “I wish I’d thought of that!”.
It is rather brilliant. And I absolutely said that to some guys that did the same thing.

On our first cruise my DH bought a mickey pirate shirt in the gift shop. Wore an eye patch and regular shorts & flip flops. Has become his “pirate outfit” for 4 cruises!
I do like the Pittsburgh Pirates t shirt idea!
Have fun planning!

It could be something loosely associated with pirates, such as a T-shirt a pirate ship or a crocodile in homage to tic to croc? Or a gold coin worn around the neck like in the first pirates of the Caribbean movie.

There's always the Dread Pirate Roberts from Princess Bride. I know it's not a Disney property, but the costume is cool.

dreadpirateroberts.jpg

How about a pair of black pants, and a black or white shirt along with a black sash around his waist that he can take off as soon as the photos are done?

This is when my guys were younger and it was our first cruise in 2011, they wore black and purple tee shirts, the bandannas on their heads. I found Eye patches and they wore those. They looked pretty good. Time flies. My youngest is now 18!
Love that!!!! So great!

My boys were about the same age on our first cruise. Just bought inexpensive long-sleeve black t-shirts with black pants and headband. All were worn again (except for the headband).

When I was last at WDW, I picked up a POTC hockey jersey. Even though it fits me like a parachute these days, I think it would be suitable attire for our cruise. At the cooler evening temperatures, naturally! :D

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter