Already have our tickets. Does express pass sell out?

mistyinca

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
We're going to Universal Orlando for the first time ever in March. We only have one day, and we have our park to park tickets for UO and IOA. I think this is going to be a busy time to go, and we want to get the express pass for sure so we can do as much as possible in one day. Do the express passes sell out? Should I get them right now, or can I wait and add them at the gate?

Thanks!

The more likely concern would the EP price increasing dramatically for your date the longer you wait. For busy days, can double as the date nears...

If you know you definitely want them, I would get them soon. Just be aware EPs are non-refundable and locked into whatever date you choose.

Thank you so much! I'll get them now.

One other question. My park to park tickets were purchased with Chase points. And it seems they are will call only. I tried scanning the bar code into the app, and it doesn't take. We're going on a cruise the week before Universal, but we arrive at Orlando before the cruise with some time to spare. I was thinking of picking up the tickets then. Do you know where we would go to will call them; is this something we can do without paying for parking?

Thank you so much! I'll get them now.
Yes, March is a busy month. For the entire month, it's probably the busiest month. (For example, Christmas week will be more crowded but the first 3 weeks of December are not as crowded.) If you want Express Pass, now is the time to buy.

But have you considered getting a room for one night at the Royal Pacific? This will give you 2 free days of Express Pass.
One other question. My park to park tickets were purchased with Chase points. And it seems they are will call only. I tried scanning the bar code into the app, and it doesn't take. We're going on a cruise the week before Universal, but we arrive at Orlando before the cruise with some time to spare. I was thinking of picking up the tickets then. Do you know where we would go to will call them; is this something we can do without paying for parking?
The Will Call kiosks are located near the entrance to the theme parks. Unless it has changed, you can park for free after 6 PM. But it's a longish walk.

Thanks. We're actually coming in on the red eye, so would only be in town in the morning. Just bought the express passes between posts, LOL, but we already have a reservation at the Hyatt.

Appreciate the tips!

As a tip, there is a ticket booth in City Walk about 1/2 way between the City Walk entrance and the park gates. It is always WAY less busy than the lines at the guest services/ticket booths right at the park gates. So when you do go to pick up your tickets, look for that ticket booth in City Walk as it will save you a ton of time.

As a tip, there is a ticket booth in City Walk about 1/2 way between the City Walk entrance and the park gates. It is always WAY less busy than the lines at the guest services/ticket booths right at the park gates. So when you do go to pick up your tickets, look for that ticket booth in City Walk as it will save you a ton of time.

Thanks! Can you get here without paying parking? or is there a short term parking?

Thanks! Can you get here without paying parking? or is there a short term parking?

As others have noted Parking is free after 6:00pm but I see in an earlier post that wouldn't work for you.

One idea is (kind of a hassle but it might work for you) is that Universal has a "drop off and pick-up" area in the parking garage (see here: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ation/directions-and-parking#pick-up-drop-off). If there are two of you, the person driving could drop the other one off, loop around elsewhere while you pick up the tickets, then pick you up again from that spot. Not ideal but just a thought.

As others have noted Parking is free after 6:00pm but I see in an earlier post that wouldn't work for you.

One idea is (kind of a hassle but it might work for you) is that Universal has a "drop off and pick-up" area in the parking garage (see here: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ation/directions-and-parking#pick-up-drop-off). If there are two of you, the person driving could drop the other one off, loop around elsewhere while you pick up the tickets, then pick you up again from that spot. Not ideal but just a thought.
Oh yeah...that may work. I'll look into this; I'll find a map to look at. Thanks!

Does that City Walk guest service booth sell multi pass tickets to AP holders? Going next week and daughter and I (both AP Preferred Holders) will be going a day earlier than family. I was planning to use my discount to purchase tix for them at gate, but don't want to have to wait in long line at gate at 7am on 3/14 (probably very busy that day).

So, was thinking, can I go the night *before* and just purchase tickets *for them* at the City Walk Guest Services Booth? They won't be with me yet (flight comes in very late), but does that even matter? Can't imagine it would... Mainly just wondering if CW GS booth counts as "at gate" for my AP discount.

Jumping in here because I purchase APs but need to pick up when I arrive. Can APs be picked up at this ticket booth? TIA

Does that City Walk guest service booth sell multi pass tickets to AP holders? Going next week and daughter and I (both AP Preferred Holders) will be going a day earlier than family. I was planning to use my discount to purchase tix for them at gate, but don't want to have to wait in long line at gate at 7am on 3/14 (probably very busy that day).

So, was thinking, can I go the night *before* and just purchase tickets *for them* at the City Walk Guest Services Booth? They won't be with me yet (flight comes in very late), but does that even matter? Can't imagine it would... Mainly just wondering if CW GS booth counts as "at gate" for my AP discount.
Jumping in here because I purchase APs but need to pick up when I arrive. Can APs be picked up at this ticket booth? TIA

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to these as I've never tried either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter