Alpine Inn vs Anaheim Majestic Gardens

CayBoo

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are taking our 1 year old out to Disneyland for his first time in October. We're doing Disneyland on a budget this trip and looking to get the best bang for our buck the 5 nights we're there. I currently have two reservations made, one for the Alpine Inn, and one for the Anaheim Majestic Gardens, with the Majestic being $85 cheaper. I'd love to get some insight from you all on what you think would be the better option. Thanks!

The Majestic use to be a Sheraton. The rooms are big (some are huge) the grounds are very nice and they used to have a shuttle to the parks. Not sure if they still have it. The walk is quite long form here.
Alpine is a cute little old motel. The rooms are small but decorated nicely. We were comfortable there and there is quicker access to non Disney restaurants and stores. The walk is a little long but it was fine. I liked the Majestic but prefer to have a shorter walk.

There is a full quarter mile difference in the walking distance - Alpine is listed as .7miles walking to the gate, Majestic Garden is listed as 1 full mile walk. Keep that in mind when it comes to the end of the day trudge home with an exhausted kiddo in tow.

The Anaheim Majestic has pretty big rooms! They do still have a dedicated shuttle to the parks. Is the cheaper rate for Majestic factoring in the parking fee? (Not sure if you will have a car).

For us, when our kids were still in strollers, we preferred to be walking distance so we didn’t have to hassle with folding up a stroller on a shuttle.

We have stayed at both hotels and while the theming was nice at majestic, we prefer to be walking distance rather than waiting on a shuttle. Both hotels were clean when we stayed. We have another trip booked for alpine inn in November.

I think you will have a good stay at either place. It will probably just come down to if you want to walk or take a shuttle.

Have a fun trip!

Last edited:

I've not stayed at either hotel, so maybe I shouldn't even comment, but I would encourage you to check tripadvisor for recent (2023) reviews for both. I have used this resource for years (there are other review websites also) and have never been steered wrong as I realize that even a hotel such as the Grand will have glowing reviews from the majority and a horrible review, or two or three tossed in here and there, but I look for consistency. If you scroll back for both for all their 2023 reviews you will see that there are MANY that do not rate the Anaheim Majestic well at all -- while the opposite is true of the Alpine Inn which is consistently highly rated. I personally wouldn't gamble the small amount of $85 for the off chance you might have a great experience there, as a few folks here on these boards have also had, but that's just me. Assuming you'll have a stroller, the walk to and from the parks from the Alpine is more manageable than the Majestic. I realize they have a shuttle, but again from the reviews it looks as if many have issues with that as well. You could use ART from the Alpine if the walk is just too much. Good luck with your choice!

We personally love the AMG. We stay there most trips. We take the shuttle some times but also walk to DTD in the morning when its nice and cool. We like to scan in at the Monorail and get our Genie Plus activated and then hit Starbucks or Jamba Juice before going into the park. At night we have opted to get a Lyft from Grand Californian most evening for like $5 most times. I don't want to wait for a shuttle nor do I want to be on a time frame of the shuttle. The staff there is super friendly and the rooms are nice and roomy.

... they used to have a shuttle to the parks. Not sure if they still have it...
They still have their private shuttle.
There is a full quarter mile difference in the walking distance - Alpine is listed as .7miles walking to the gate, Majestic Garden is listed as 1 full mile walk. Keep that in mind when it comes to the end of the day trudge home with an exhausted kiddo in tow.
MGH has a private shuttle to the parks. No need to walk to/from the Harbor side entrance.
The Anaheim Majestic has pretty big rooms! They do still have a dedicated shuttle to the parks...
The MGH does have large rooms! We stayed there many times when it was the Anaheim Sheraton because of the spacious rooms = more play space for little ones. And the shuttle was very convenient.

I'm a few days late to the thread, but thought I would give my 2 cents anyway :)

I'm a recent Majestic Gardens convert. I've stayed there twice now (I think sometime late last time and early this year). The last 11 years of going to Disneyland and staying off property, I've been anti-anything not on Harbor before Katella, save for Stovall's and Westin. That has now changed, and MG is my go-to. (FYI: I'd never do the walk from MG to Disneyland. Yuck!)

I'll start with the shuttle. I expected it to be terrible. I expected it to never run on time, and have long waits. Conversely, it runs on a schedule that it keeps fairly well-- :00 and :30 leaving from MG, and :15 and :45 leaving from Disneyland. During high-needs times (around park opening and after fireworks), they will often run extra busses, but not always. One of my only complaints was the shuttle themselves-- one is a repurposed school-bus, and could really use a refresh. But, it got the job done in a big way; after all, it can take like 80 people at once! They also had a large shuttle (maybe 30 people size?) that had a few broken seatbacks, meaning you kind of had to hold yourself up. But it's a short ride, so not a huge deal. The smaller shuttle (around 22 people maybe) was great when it wasn't a busy time. And as a solo traveler, they'd often just put me in the front seat, occasionally letting me "skip the line" because I was the only one not in a group.

Price: look at Priceline. I can usually get a room for $140-ish, which is often $60-80 less per day than going direct.

The grounds were generally great. I loved the castle look! Well kept overall. My only issue was that on my first trip I was in the "Garden" building and they have pet-rooms apparently somewhere near that... and so at 6am, people's dogs were relieving themselves right outside my exit door. Dog poo smell isn't my ideal way to start the day, even from a chihuahua. However, the second time I was in the main building, so it wasn't an issue. My first time they were also doing some outside renovations, so I had to hop around a portion of sidewalk without any concrete. But for that price, easy peasy! I haven't used the pool, but looked over it, and it looked nice. There's a restaurant in the main building, but I never ate there. They also have a small convenience store; I'd grab my morning water there since it was a little less $$$ than inside the parks.

The rooms. I've done two different rooms (the second one was definitely a 1 king room; the first one I think was a 2 queen). The first one, like I said earlier, was in the Garden Tower on floor 1. The room was HUGE. Like double the room size as most basic 2 Queen rooms. The longest wall in each room had a forest-type photo mural so it felt like it wasn't a basic white hotel room. The furniture in the room was classic and in good repair. Plenty of storage area. The king room had a couch in it, so I had a spot to enjoy some treats after the parks were closed. Floors were carpeted but passed my "white sock test." Bathrooms were fairly regular-sized, but perfectly reasonable. Vanity area outside the bathroom so that you could have someone getting ready out there while someone was showering. The king room also had a small bench right inside the front door so you could walk in and take shoes right off (my preference). My second room was in the main building. It felt like it took forever to get to my room, but it was all indoors, which was great.

Let me know if you have any other questions about MG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter