ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the luggage?.. If you are dvc can't you pool hop? If that is still the case couldn't these luggage toters be dvc members visiting their favorite pool?

From what I understand IF DVC owners can pool hop its to DVC resorts not just any and as of NOW Poly isnt DVC

Hi babs, we are in the same boat and my dh is dying to stay here so we are rolling the dice on this one and hoping all will be ok. I was advised by a cm that if there is too much noise for my kids and disturbing them to let someone know!

We are in the same situation as well. My dh, too, is really looking forward to staying at Poly. I'm curious, did you speak to a cm who acknowledged that there would be construction going on during this time and therefore advised you to let someone know if it became a problem? I really thought we would be safe in November, but am starting to get pretty nervous that this construction is going to be starting sooner rather than later. We are so excited to stay at Poly, but the thought of trooping four kids to another resort to swim everyday is not appealing to me!!

We have always shared a room with our kids and still do now. When they were little very often they would be so busy during the day that they would absolutely drop down the minute they hit the bed. We never had an issue of trying to get them to sleep. Once asleep we watched TV with the sound lowered or sat out on the balcony or patio. No the patio's and balconies are not lit. With the suites it looks like you are all still in the same room anyway. If that is the case I would go with the Poly which is much more relaxing, has more for kids to do, and is right on the monorail line which is perfect for having a little one your child's age. I would not want to be towing a little one around on the buses. I saw how crazy crowded they got last night and I would not want to try that with a 4 year old little guy. Also I don't think you can get two rooms at a value unless you can absolutely prove there will be one adult in the second room. They will not allow a room to be rented where it's only occupant is a child.

Thanks for all the information. We are still undecided. We are not really sure if we want to try sharing a room for 9 days. I know he can sleep through various alarms(he has grown up on a cruise ship :) ), but I don't really feel like whispering for 9 days. The other option are the family suites at ASMU which has 2 separate rooms with a door - which is usually how we are use to traveling. Just not sure that we want to chance having loud groups there, although now there may be a chance that the Poly will have construction work going on- meaning loud noise throughout the day. It is driving me crazy trying to decide.

We are in the same situation as well. My dh, too, is really looking forward to staying at Poly. I'm curious, did you speak to a cm who acknowledged that there would be construction going on during this time and therefore advised you to let someone know if it became a problem? I really thought we would be safe in November, but am starting to get pretty nervous that this construction is going to be starting sooner rather than later. We are so excited to stay at Poly, but the thought of trooping four kids to another resort to swim everyday is not appealing to me!!

Me too! We are going Nov 2-11th. I really want to stay at this resort, but have been undecided because we have never shared 1 room with our 4 year old before. if there is construction work going on it will make my decision of switching resorts much easier.

We just saw a family dripping wet in the monorail they had pool towels from another resort and they got off at the poly and went right to our pool. They even had a cooler on wheels so I guess their day consisted of pool hopping.

We just saw a family dripping wet in the monorail they had pool towels from another resort and they got off at the poly and went right to our pool. They even had a cooler on wheels so I guess their day consisted of pool hopping.

I don't get it. That just doesn't sound like any fun at all to me. :confused3

Well we didn't go to the GF upgrade they offered....BUT...we did switch to the Wilderness Lodge instead. Strange thing was that when we called in to make the switch, our account was locked and the main reservation line couldn't touch it. We had to call back the number for the GF offer. They were able to make the switch for us and we were never charged the fee to change after the 45 day mark....they must really want Poly people to switch! It works out for us either way because we've always wanted to stay at WL too....and we let the boys make the final decision so everyone was in agreement.

Does anyone know any easy way to post an avatar? Either it is too big, or I shrink it to fit the pixel requirements and then it says it is too little to see.

So, like a rum float?
:scratchin

Oh wait... I suppose I can stir it into the milkshake consistency you speak of. Thank you for the advice!
:teacher:

(And yes, I'm the one who was asking about bringing a bottle of Kahlua for my decaf coffee when we're watching fireworks on the beach.) Like I said, I'm not a party animal... I'm just raising 3 little girls and when I am going on first vacation in several years, you can bet I'm going to do what I can to live it up.
:dance3:

Heck I might even switch that decaf to regular.
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I saw little bottles of Kahlua in the gift shop (the one upstairs!)

Just got back home a few hours ago. We had an awesome vacation and despite the snafu we had at check-in, we absolutely loved the Poly! It is a beautiful resort! When I get the photos off my camera I will post a few and give you all a mini trip report.

We stayed CL TPV and I already miss the beautiful view! The fireworks from our balcony every night were just divine! :cloud9:I just told my husband that, to make me feel better about being home, he should go out in our backyard tonight at 10:00 and wave some candles around while singing the song from "Wishes"...:rotfl2: I told him that the kids and I could watch from the deck while eating the chocolate chip cookies that the wonderful CL CMs packed up for us before we left this morning.

As for the pool...yes it was very crowded most afternoons. We tried to swim in the morning right when the pool and slide opened, and at this time of day it was beautiful and gloriously uncrowded. :goodvibes One afternoon we were sitting next to a large family who was occupying one of the prime tables right near the slide exit. We had the table right next to them. At one point we overheard them talking to someone on the phone.. telling them that they were having a great time at Disney and that they were staying at a great hotel called the Art of Animation. Definite pool hoppers.:confused3

Stay tuned...pictures and our review to come...

We are staying at the Poly Sept.16-22 GV CL and I haven't received a call to switch to GF. I wonder if they are just upgrading the standard views ? I did notice the Poly s booked for our stay.

Just got back home a few hours ago. We had an awesome vacation and despite the snafu we had at check-in, we absolutely loved the Poly! It is a beautiful resort! When I get the photos off my camera I will post a few and give you all a mini trip report.

We stayed CL TPV and I already miss the beautiful view! The fireworks from our balcony every night were just divine! :cloud9:I just told my husband that, to make me feel better about being home, he should go out in our backyard tonight at 10:00 and wave some candles around while singing the song from "Wishes"...:rotfl2: I told him that the kids and I could watch from the deck while eating the chocolate chip cookies that the wonderful CL CMs packed up for us before we left this morning.

As for the pool...yes it was very crowded most afternoons. We tried to swim in the morning right when the pool and slide opened, and at this time of day it was beautiful and gloriously uncrowded. :goodvibes One afternoon we were sitting next to a large family who was occupying one of the prime tables right near the slide exit. We had the table right next to them. At one point we overheard them talking to someone on the phone.. telling them that they were having a great time at Disney and that they were staying at a great hotel called the Art of Animation. Definite pool hoppers.:confused3

We just got back on Wed. Night from our 8 day Poly stay. Your comment about having your dh wave candles around while singing Wishes is STILL cracking me up! And I just may go suggest the same thing to my dh! And if I could post smilies from the iPad, it'd be rofl!!!

I am pretty sure that DVC can pool hop to any resort pool other than SAB and the YC/BC resort. Poly included.

There are limitations and exclusions such as SAB, BLT, and AKL...but in general DVC members can pool hop. Poly included.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Today is our last day we had a great week.

Glad you had a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks for the Wishes for a 2014 offer when we are there. I plan to do a live report (to the best of my ability) while we are there, so I will let everyone know. It's only 10 or 11 days away, so I'm not holding out too much hope that the offer will be different. Dh wants to do a Disney Cruise for the first time - not sure how I feel about it. I'm sure it would be super fun, and everyone I have spoken to who has done one raves about it. I just know I would miss the world.

Have you thought about taking a 3 or 4 night cruise to try it out, along with a WDW stay? We are taking our first Disney cruise in December with WDW stays before and after. My DH and I have cruise before but our two DSs never have, so I booked a 3 night to see how they like it before we book a longer one (just in case one or both don't care for it). Cruises are a lot of fun and I am really excited to experience it with Disney :boat:.

I am pretty sure that DVC can pool hop to any resort pool other than SAB and the YC/BC resort. Poly included.

This is correct, but I think the Uzima pool at AKL is also excluded.

Well we didn't go to the GF upgrade they offered....BUT...we did switch to the Wilderness Lodge instead. Strange thing was that when we called in to make the switch, our account was locked and the main reservation line couldn't touch it. We had to call back the number for the GF offer. They were able to make the switch for us and we were never charged the fee to change after the 45 day mark....they must really want Poly people to switch! It works out for us either way because we've always wanted to stay at WL too....and we let the boys make the final decision so everyone was in agreement.

Glad you were able to move to the WL. The WL is a beautiful resort :).

Glad you had a great stay and loved the Poly :goodvibes. Can't wait to see pics.

We just got back on Wed. Night from our 8 day Poly stay.

I hope you had a great trip :wizard:.

Hey maxsmom if you see us say hi! Dh and I are both wearing T-shirts that say 30th wedding anniversary and birthday celebration and the kids have t-shirts on that say Alexander celebration vacation. Let me know if you will be out swimming late tonight and I will wander out and say hi.

We were out there much earlier but it was packed! We there from 9:30ish until 11:30. My daughter was more interested in building sandcastles then watching the fireworks. I will never understand 6 yr olds.

Just got wristbands at the pool. I wish they would do this during the week an not just weekends.

My son is not going to be happy with he color!

This is our last day at the Poly. We had a wonderful time even with the little bit of a rough start we had. We did a lot more down time at the resort than we have ever done and it was so nice and so relaxing even if the Poly was booked solid. We are off to Universal tomorrow. If I had my druthers we would stay at the Poly but I kinda got out voted.

We are going to do a December trip at the Poly but I think we have decided that from now on we will just be doing a standard room instead of CL. This time we just realized that doing CL for us really isn't cost effective and we really aren't using CL to it's fullest like in dining reservations. The staff really didn't have a lot to do for us other than the cord we had forgotten to bring and that maybe could have been handled the same even if we weren't club level. Breakfast is nice but it is all carbs and that just does not stay with dh and he is hungry an hour later. We saw that the difference in room rates in December was just about 200.00 and we just saw that there was just not 200.00 worth of stuff for us to pay the extra money. We could go with less and even buying our food for the day doesn't come up to the difference in price. Also if we go with the lesser expensive room we can plan more trips during the year.. We also plan on bringing cases of soda and water when we come in December and that is mainly what we used CL for. I am not the least bit upset about not doing CL because I am just happy I will be at my beloved Poly and will be able to come back more often.

Talked with I(heart)the mouse again last night. We had a great time sitting out there talking and found that we have a lot in common. She is so sweet and nice and so easy to talk to. It was so nice to talk and to validate each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter