• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with many people today, trying to secure the 30% discount earlier today was quite the chore. I must have called 6-7 different Disney phone numbers and I could not get through. I finally decided to book a new Poly reservation online, and call back later to cancel the original reservation.

I finally managed to get through...and after applying the discount, paying the deposit, and using our Disney Reward Visa Dollars the final total for an 11 night stay at the Poly will be about $1,488. :thumbsup2

Not too shabby...November can't get here fast enough. :)

As with many people today, trying to secure the 30% discount earlier today was quite the chore. I must have called 6-7 different Disney phone numbers and I could not get through. I finally decided to book a new Poly reservation online, and call back later to cancel the original reservation.

I finally managed to get through...and after applying the discount, paying the deposit, and using our Disney Reward Visa Dollars the final total for an 11 night stay at the Poly will be about $1,488. :thumbsup2

That is AWESOME!! Good going!!

The front desk manager Marcello took care of everything and went above and beyond to make it so much better. Now as long as nothing else happens we can have a good trip.

Wonderful news!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Well, I absolutely love it. My wife, on the other hand, still hasn't come around on the idea yet. She was complaining yesterday that the room had no hidden mickeys or towel aimals and it just seemed like a nice hotel and not a Disney hotel. Granted, we are used to staying at the moderates. She also didn't like the fact that the volcano poll has no shaded areas. We are used to Port Orleans, so there are lots if trees and some provide some shade during the day in the pool. Also, the bridges over the pool areas provide a little shade. We are very fair-skinned, so we always look for shaded areas when swimming.

A least when we returned to our room tonight we had a towel elephant on the bed. This gained some Disney points. :)

I am still trying to master the Dole Whip machine in Captain Cook's to get the biggest, tallest I can without any 'leaning tower of Pisa' action. :)

We've been getting some really cute towels animals :) Today we had swans and a monkey, yesterday two elephants, the day before that some kind of large wolf type dog LOL , we keep putting them up on the shelf over the TV and now we can't fit anymore up there! :lmao:

I swear we stood in Capt Cooks yesterday and watched people make their Dole Whips! It was hysterical!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: Some have it down to a science! The will stop and pack it down, swirl again, pack it down, then end with a 12 inch mountain on top! Cracks me up!!!!!! ;)

We've been going to the quiet pool every day. Lots of chairs and tables and shaded areas. The kids will run over and go down the slide a few times, then come back. We like having more space to play around in the water. Plus the boys say the main pool has too much "One Direction" music. :rotfl::rotfl:

I can't believe tomorrow is our last day!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hey all... any Poly-specific packing ideas? Should we be bringing our own beach towels? Anything else specifically that we need or would enjoy for the beach or the room or anything? I am probably bringing a blanket or two. I was thinking of getting my girls some flower leis but then thought maybe I'll find those at the poly? I was just trying to think of some fun and/or handy stuff to make our trip more fun, comfortable, easy, and did I say fun?

Oh yeah that Kahlua for the decaf coffee on the beach during fireworks...

Hey all... any Poly-specific packing ideas? Should we be bringing our own beach towels? Anything else specifically that we need or would enjoy for the beach or the room or anything? I am probably bringing a blanket or two. I was thinking of getting my girls some flower leis but then thought maybe I'll find those at the poly? I was just trying to think of some fun and/or handy stuff to make our trip more fun, comfortable, easy, and did I say fun?

Oh yeah that Kahlua for the decaf coffee on the beach during fireworks...

We have never had a problem getting towels so I would not pack those. I bet you could get extra blankets from mousekeeping rather than packing something so bulky in your luggage. The kids should get flower leis when you check in. If you don't just ask for them. Don't forget strong sunscreen. The sun down here can be brutal and it has been hot here, not as hot as up north, but hot. We were able to get some 110 sunscreen at Big Lots. I never knew it came that high. Make sure to pack poncho's also for the rain. It is our rainy season and they pop up out of nowhere. You are going to have an awesome time at the Poly!

5:10 on Nov 16 - there is a table at Ohana available. I was looking for 7 people, but we are going to do the luau instead. Wanted to let you guys know, just in case...

About the blankets - I'm sure I could get some from mousekeeping, but I was thinking we might need a blanket for the beach - either to throw the kids on or to cover them up on the chairs (if chairs are available??) since they'll be in their pajamas. I don't know that they'd like us taking the resort blankets to the beach.

About the blankets - I'm sure I could get some from mousekeeping, but I was thinking we might need a blanket for the beach - either to throw the kids on or to cover them up on the chairs (if chairs are available??) since they'll be in their pajamas. I don't know that they'd like us taking the resort blankets to the beach.

I see what you mean it just seems like a really bulky thing to have to pack and with the limits on luggage these days in airports I would hate to see you have to pay extra. There are chairs and if you stake out a position a little early you can get them no problem and I can't see there would be a problem taking a poly blanket down there if you are not putting it on the ground.

Omg!! What a steal!! Awesome!

Since there is no hot tub at the poly... Can we use the GF's?

Nope- sorry. Unlikely that you would get caught, but still not allowed.

The only exception would be down the road when the Poly pool undergoes inevitable rehab since the Poly will then give all guests access to the GF swimming facilities.

Since there is no hot tub at the poly... Can we use the GF's?

You can use the hot tub within the spa at the Grand Floridian but not the one by the pool. This is according to Tikiman's site. Same as you can use the fitness room, sauna, and steam room.

Nope- sorry. Unlikely that you would get caught, but still not allowed.

The only exception would be down the road when the Poly pool undergoes inevitable rehab since the Poly will then give all guests access to the GF swimming facilities.

Actually Poly guests ARE allowed to use hot tub inside the GF health club, & we also can use the health club equipment!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/193-a-day-at-the-polynesian

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Actually Poly guests ARE allowed to use hot tub inside the GF health club, & we also can use the health club equipment!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/193-a-day-at-the-polynesian

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

That is what I read and posted too. Glad both of us saw the same thing. I knew I had read something about hot tubs and the GF and went to check on it.

Oops sorry didn't see the post before me but wanted to make sure person who asked about hot tub knew it was allowed! Just can't use the one by the pool..

Since Poly doesn't have a health club, sauna or hot tub we are allowed to use GF freely

Oops sorry didn't see the post before me but wanted to make sure person who asked about hot tub knew it was allowed! Just can't use the one by the pool..

Since Poly doesn't have a health club, sauna or hot tub we are allowed to use GF freely

LOL you and I seem to tandem post a lot. Too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter