ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in tomorrow! It's just a weekend trip, so only 2 nights, but I am SO excited. When I was a little girl, I used to watch The Wonderful World of Disney. One Sunday they had a special filmed at the Poly. Seeing the Poly in the opening each week made me want to stay there even more.

I'm VERY excited, but a bit worried we won't want to stay anywhere else again! Our big trip at VWL this year has long been booked and paid for! We're only living in Florida through the end of this year, so we planned to take lots of weekend trips!

VP

Our two week to Poly was today. Very excited to finally be staying here. Doing a solo 4 days at Pop before my friends and DBF arrive for our 4 day Poly stay.

Any updates on refrigerators at Poly?

How many nights is everyone staying at the poly? Im thinking 6 for my next trip.

We're going to be at the Swan for 4 nights (thank you Starwood points!) and now you have all persuaded me for 5 nights at the Poly. October here we come!

We leave for our first trip to the Poly in less than 5 hours! So excited! 6 nights at the Poly!!!! :-D

Just under 10 weeks I will be married at the Polynesian. I can't think of anywhere else on earth I would rather be. I wish it would hurry up

Hi everyone!

We are 90 days out and decided that on the night before our cruise, we would like to watch Wishes from the Poly Beach. We made a reservation for Kona, our reservation is at 5:10pm (it was this or 7:50pm and we would feel too rushed since Wishes is at 9pm) Even allowing 60-90 minutes here for a meal, we would still be finished over 2 hours before Wishes is scheduled. We're not staying at the POly but we are staying on property.

Is there anything that we can do to fill in that time? I know my sister will want to pin trade, is there anywhere else in the resort that we can check our or visit to fill in some time.

Also, it's not peak time (late October) so what time should we head for the beach to get a spot?

We check in tomorrow! It's just a weekend trip, so only 2 nights, but I am SO excited. When I was a little girl, I used to watch The Wonderful World of Disney. One Sunday they had a special filmed at the Poly. Seeing the Poly in the opening each week made me want to stay there even more.

I'm VERY excited, but a bit worried we won't want to stay anywhere else again! Our big trip at VWL this year has long been booked and paid for! We're only living in Florida through the end of this year, so we planned to take lots of weekend trips!

VP

That is sooooo sweet! Enjoy your stay!!

You can check out Boutiki they have so much cool stuff and Wylands has beautiful art and very affordable one if a kind jewlery!

Get a drink at Tambi lounge or at the barefoot bar out by the pool.

Or take the monorail over and see the shops at GF and CR and come back to Poly..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Hey...those are our stats too!!! :goodvibes Checking in exactly 2 weeks from today and staying 8 nights!

See you both there :wave: - we check in 2 weeks from yesterday and are staying 8 nights as well! There seems to be a lot of us overlapping our upcoming stays !

We will be there soon also!:cool1:

Us too!!! Tomorrow will begin our two week countdown. :)

Tomorrow starts our 2 week countdown as well!

Our two week to Poly was today. Very excited to finally be staying here. Doing a solo 4 days at Pop before my friends and DBF arrive for our 4 day Poly stay.

Any updates on refrigerators at Poly?

Me tooooo! Well 2 weeks from tomorrow we will be checking in for 9 nights. Our longest trip. I can't wait!

We leave in 15 days for a 7 night stay at the Poly GV CL!!! I can't wait! We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and both mine and DH's birthdays. I am impatiently waiting for IPO to open so I can book just a couple of meals that we want to do. Sounds like a lot of us are going at the same time. I did talk to IPO yesterday about the refrigerators and they said if the one in our room is one of the defective ones we are to call or go down to the CL desk and they will get us one. I really want first floor since I will probably be using my wheelchair due to my bad back and I really don't want to have to deal with trying to get on and off an elevator. I am going to mention this when I call IPO also.

Is anyone still planning on booking for the poly for next year even with all the construction planned? Am thinking of booking CR but cannot get past the idea of not staying at the poly (and we only stayed there once for two nights! but I was hooked)

Is anyone still planning on booking for the poly for next year even with all the construction planned? Am thinking of booking CR but cannot get past the idea of not staying at the poly (and we only stayed there once for two nights! but I was hooked)

I'm sure it's not going to sit empty for all of 2014. :rotfl2:

Just got off the phone with IPO. I was able to get SOA and Crystal Palace but not Ohana for any night during our trip. I am so bummed. This is a really special trip and Ohana is our favorite place. She said she was going to try to email the manager of Ohana and tell him what a big celebration this is for us and see if he can do anything. She is also putting us on a keep calling list. I sure hope it comes through for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter