• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't planning on doing a garden grocer order this time, but still--this fridge thing is annoying! I agree that it stinks that people won't find out until they get there.

This fridge thing upsets me a bit too. We are staying CL in August and we always like to bring little things from the lounge back to our room to have later. My husband always keeps a few beers in our fridge to enjoy after the lounge has closed for the night.

I think that dealing with a cooler and ice sounds like a bit of a nuisance....the fridges are just so much more convenient.

Oh well...

We're not going until September, but I just called to have it notated on my mom's room that she's diabetic and needs a fridge for medications. The call center person assured me that all rooms at the Poly have fridges. She hadn't heard anything about there being a problem. It took me a while, but she finally agreed to put a note on the account anyway. Hopefully it all works out!

We will be there August 2-9 our first stay at the poly usually stay at BC so excited!

Supposedly POR will have all their fridges replaced by July 31st! Has anyone rang the Poly to ask directly?

We drive do we bring cases of water and stock up the fridge to keep us cool. During our last visit, my girls were on antibiotics that required refrigeration. You would think that at the deluxe level, refrigerators would be standard since so many basic hotels include them. I agree that this is frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just talked to the IPO at the Poly and they said the refrigerators were not being removed or disconnected.

I think everyone needs to settle down over the refrigerator replacement issue. Even if it affects the Poly, there is no way it will take long at all to replace approx. 850 (or whatever) dorm room sized refrigerators. I'll be shocked if it turns out otherwise. Hope I'm right because we arrive on 8/11. Glad I drink red wine...no refrigeration needed! :cool1:

so glad Poly is not affected!!! unfortunately, I called BC and they are :worried: The CM said they just got the message that morning.

I think I will head out and look for a small easy to pack cooler.

If IPO is saying they don’t need to be done then they are usually well informed. It could either be that IPO was not told yet since this just went out this morning or it could be that the new renovations addressed the problem.

When the refrigerators first went into the rooms during the Polynesian’s 2005 redesign they had problems heating up the cabinets they were installed in. There was no place for the heat to go. During this current renovation one of the things listed in the redesign along with replacing the wiring, plumbing and HVAC was an action item to vent the refrigerator. This may be what they are planning for the other resorts and that means the Polynesian is done and the others will take a while (longer than just swapping out refrigerators). Also for those who find that the new refrigerators are not getting cold, the adjustment is on the back side of the refrigerator so you need to pull it out to get to the control to turn it down.

If IPO is saying they don’t need to be done then they are usually well informed. It could either be that IPO was not told yet since this just went out this morning or it could be that the new renovations addressed the problem.

When the refrigerators first went into the rooms during the Polynesian’s 2005 redesign they had problems heating up the cabinets they were installed in. There was no place for the heat to go. During this current renovation one of the things listed in the redesign along with replacing the wiring, plumbing and HVAC was an action item to vent the refrigerator. This may be what they are planning for the other resorts and that means the Polynesian is done and the others will take a while (longer than just swapping out refrigerators). Also for those who find that the new refrigerators are not getting cold, the adjustment is on the back side of the refrigerator so you need to pull it out to get to the control to turn it down.

Thanks for the tip! And for the great info as always!!
21 days from today!!! :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay:

Great tip on the new fridges Steve. I'll have to remember how to adjust them when we check in in August.

I'm wondering also if IPO just didn't know yet. I emailed them several hours ago asking about the fridge situation and I haven't heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm wondering also if IPO just didn't know yet. I emailed them several hours ago asking about the fridge situation and I haven't heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Its sounding more like IPO has not been notified yet. I am getting reports that the removal will include the Polynesian. Hopefully we will hear more soon.

The only thing we ever use our fridge for is for storing desserts we can never finish! ;) I'm not too worried about it, but I'd bet that by the time I get there in 70 days the issues would be fixed anyway. NOTHING is going to ruin my first ever stay at the Poly!! I won't let it! :thumbsup2

Hate to say it, but last week in Hawaii CL, our Poly fridge worked just like it always has in the past (in other words, it didn't work very well....). We still had to open a cupboard door to keep it ventilated. I'm not sure if my husband pulled it out and found the adjustment on the back side, though. He may have just assumed it was the same old problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter