• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going to be veeeerry tired if you can't sleep cause the excitement of leaving for Disney! 2 months is a long time to stay awake! :rotfl2:

I know! :eek:
Well, I have started my packing practice and I am also making my daughter a few nice things to wear and the boys some new t-shirts. Plus, my B and SIL are headed down next month so I am giddy for them too! I can't help myself!

Okay so we have been slow!!

Here is a pic of my DD14 enjoying the view from our balcony last year!

DSC00616.jpg

Some pics from my trip to the Poly 2 weeks ago! The quality isn't great because they were all taken with my phone...but some good shots!

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Carl & kellyf2626! It's been so quiet in here you could almost hear the crickets chriping!
jiminy.jpg

We just moved our trip up a month, everything ended up working out better that week. There is no summer day camp the last week of August, so I'd have to take the time off of work or find a private sitter anyway. (We don't go back to school here in Washington until after Labor Day). It seems meant to be, because I didn't want to pay for TPV anyway, and when I called to switch we were able to get GVCL and save $200! Free beer here we come! LOL :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Never been in August before, are the love bugs out yet, then? In September they are awful.

Some pics from my trip to the Poly 2 weeks ago! The quality isn't great because they were all taken with my phone...but some good shots!

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

Thanks for posting those awesome pics, had kind of a bad evening...and this was just what I needed to see! September hurry up!!:)

YAY! Pics!!! Thanks!

Just got back from our spring break trip and DD had a blast at Great Wolf. Cant wait until Disney!! 6 weeks to go! Is it crazy to start packing now? :lmao:

kellyf2626 impressive photos! I don't think I can even get that with my digital camera let alone from my phone. Thanks for the happy thoughts! Only 79 days to go over here (11 weeks)!!!!

My large extended family is joining us this trip and they can't believe I've started packing. Today Walgreens had a sale on suntan lotion and I stocked up in fears of the harsher sun in June. We also had an open house at our hospital and we were giving away spray hand sanitizer and my good friend hooked me up with a bag of 25 of these mini sprays. I already packed up some cute reusable freezer packs that are cute animals/insects from Old Navy, toiletries that I've gotten on sale, etc. I've even started a pile of must have clothes....yes I'm excited since our last trip doesn't even feel like it happened!

Work will be crazy up to the day before we leave, so I need my happy thoughts.

Any recommendations for June from my fellow Poly Peeps for June? (This will be my 5th trip to the Poly - more so for the heat and how the pool will be in June.)

it will be 30 yrs married
staying at the poly

Congratulations and Welcome to the Dis!
:welcome:

Work will be crazy up to the day before we leave, so I need my happy thoughts.

Any recommendations for June from my fellow Poly Peeps for June? (This will be my 5th trip to the Poly - more so for the heat and how the pool will be in June.)

Our trips are mighty close to each other! I am already packing too! And I don't think it's weird! I know that a trip can be wonderful and carefree if you have all that you need. Plus, packing early is fun to me! I love walking by an open suitcase!

Well, we're down to 26 days and I seriously can't wait!!! The only problem on the horizon is that it might end up that my wife won't be able to go with us as she's caught up in labour negotiations and depending on what happens she might have to stay back!! That would really be terrible not just for her but the whole family but with everything all paid out we couldn't cancel.

Ironically the exact same thing happened years ago when my parents were going to take my brother. I wasn't planning on going with them - I was in college and "too cool" for Disney (I thought). My dad had to cancel last minute but I was able to go in his place since we have the same name and I ended up having a great time but it was years before my dad got to finally experience Epcot for himself which he had been sorry to miss out on.

Anyhow, we won't know about my wife until about 4-5 days before we're scheduled to leave. I'll be sitting on pins and needles until then that's for sure! :sad1:

Scared to even check in and say hi... don't want to change this trip anymore...after more changes than even the CRO can count. Oddly enough my original trip was early May at the Poly.....lots of date and resort changes later....end of May....Pop/Poly split...3 nights Pop, 1 week Poly GV. Due to budgeting...I dropped CL. But it's all good :woohoo: Booked a cabana for DD 6th birthday on Memorial Day....stop by and say hi if you're there. I'll have Island Sunset (double fisted) DH with a Lapu Lapu....and 5 crazy water loving kiddos :dance3:

back to lurker mode.......:surfweb:

HalloweenNut Hope everything works out so your WHOLE family is together!!

hi dani, casey, and candace :flower3:

kelly & carl:worship: Lovely pictures!!!!

Scared to even check in and say hi... don't want to change this trip anymore...after more changes than even the CRO can count. Oddly enough my original trip was early May at the Poly.....lots of date and resort changes later....end of May....Pop/Poly split...3 nights Pop, 1 week Poly GV. Due to budgeting...I dropped CL. But it's all good :woohoo: Booked a cabana for DD 6th birthday on Memorial Day....stop by and say hi if you're there. I'll have Island Sunset (double fisted) DH with a Lapu Lapu....and 5 crazy water loving kiddos :dance3:

back to lurker mode.......:surfweb:

HalloweenNut Hope everything works out so your WHOLE family is together!!

hi dani, casey, and candace :flower3:

kelly & carl:worship: Lovely pictures!!!!

Welcome back Jeanette!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter