• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aloha Shirt and Nice Jeans for Remy/Palo

Unless things have changed substantially in the last couple of years, no jeans in Remy for sure and generally not allowed in Palo either, no matter how nice they are. In fact, I think you need a jacket for the men in Remy or at least you used to.

Unless things have changed substantially in the last couple of years, no jeans in Remy for sure and generally not allowed in Palo either, no matter how nice they are. In fact, I think you need a jacket for the men in Remy or at least you used to.

That's not true for Palo. Jeans are explicitly mentioned as permitted in the dress code and have been for quite awhile now.

Things have changed. "Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted."

Aloha shirts should be fine. I have done Reme (and Palo) pre- and post-updated-dress-code. For Remy, our entire party wore (matching) Aloha shirts with a jacket prior to the dress-code update and without a jacket post-dress-code update - no issues whatsoever.

As for pants, we all wore kakis, so I cannot address jeans.

Aloha shirts should be fine. I have done Reme (and Palo) pre- and post-updated-dress-code. For Remy, our entire party wore (matching) Aloha shirts with a jacket prior to the dress-code update and without a jacket post-dress-code update - no issues whatsoever.

As for pants, we all wore kakis, so I cannot address jeans.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I don't expect you'll have any issues getting in to dine in nice jeans. I do expect there will be others around you in more formal attire, in case that makes you feel "off."

I don't expect you'll have any issues getting in to dine in nice jeans. I do expect there will be others around you in more formal attire, in case that makes you feel "off."
There will likely be a few around that try to make you "feel off." At least I have seen that in the past, but there is nothing that should be off putting about a nice pair of jeans and an aloha shirt. Some people should pay more attention to how they act than how someone is dressed. The people who show up way too casual can be bothersome, but someone looking nice and acting like an adult shouldn't bother anyone. I've done it, and will do it again in Palo this month.

How you would feel is totally up to you. As long as you are following the dress code then there is nothing to worry about.

So just to clarify for Palo's dinner Even though the dress code description says formal or semi formal attire recommended dressing casual with something like Dockers and a collard shirt is perfectly acceptable for dinner. I was always under the impression that men needed to wear a jacket at dinner and the casual part was for brunch. I guess those were the old rules from a long time ago?

Old dinner dress code (I think this was actually for the Wish when it first sailed)

Palo:
  • Men: Dress pants/slacks and collared shirt is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
  • Women: Dress, pants or skirt/blouse is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
Remy/Enchante:
  • Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
  • Women: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
New dress code (circa June 2022)

Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication.​

Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted.​

Old dinner dress code (I think this was actually for the Wish when it first sailed)

Palo:
  • Men: Dress pants/slacks and collared shirt is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
  • Women: Dress, pants or skirt/blouse is recommended. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes).
Remy/Enchante:
  • Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
  • Women: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
New dress code (circa June 2022)

Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s sophistication.​

Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted.​
We were on the Wish maiden voyage. I don't recall seeing anything about Palo/Enchante dress codes on that sailing. But then again, I'm not really one for looking at the app while on board.

We did dine in Palo that sailing and dressed up as we normally do for the venue. I don't recall seeing any other diners that hadn't made an effort to dress up.

I recently ate at both restaurants on the Wish - hubby and I always dress up a little and don't wear jeans ourselves (khakis/sundress types of clothing are our norm), but we saw a few individuals in nice jeans and collared shirts such as you mention and didn't feel they looked out of place at all. Honestly, not many people are going to be paying attention to how you dress. Enough is happening at your own table between the food and the service and the (hopefully) good conversation. Enjoy a delicious meal and memorable occasion!

In general, it always disappoints me when I see standards continually lowered.
As a general rule, I have to totally agree with this. For me, I do not see any problem with nice jeans (or better) and a nice collared shirt to dinner in Palo. I think Remy should really require a jacket. It's nice for the adults to have a place for an adult only meal without having to dress up on the Disney ships. Then, if you really want to dress up, there should be the other option. I've just never felt a steakhouse was the right place for a formal dress code.

This being said, I still get irritated when I see tank tops and tattered shorts in the MDRs.

There was once a time when my wife was turned away from Palo for wearing sandals to dinner... sparkly, dressy sandals... saying she needed closed toe shoes. So I think things have slowly been relaxing for many years. Still, we always go all out with tux and gowns on formal nights, jackets/dresses at Palo/Remy, and no jeans or shorts in the MDR. But I get the desire to not have to dress up on a Disney vacation, especially with airline baggage fees making it that much more expensive to bring multiple outfits a day for a family or four or more.

I'm just curious where i can purchase some Aloha shirts for my husband :)
I discovered Kahala brand Aloha shirts on a trip to Hawaii. Found they were very well made and there are lots of choices of colors/patterns. They do mail order. Sometimes you can find them in the gift shop at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter