Aloha Isle Crisis!!!!

I refuse to wade through 4 pages of wailing over the disappearance of fake ice cream. All I can say to the OP is that if this signifies a crisis in your life, you lead a very sheltered and privileged one. That is all.

Wow, that was totally unnecessary and rude. You really are an Unapologetic WDW world fan. Newsflash, some people preferred the vanilla swirl and it means they may not enjoy a favorite snack. Life altering? No, but annoying when you are looking forward to it on vacation. Sheesh.

I get that this is just soft-serve, but like many people this was sort of a tradition for my family....something we did at least once a trip....get a few dole whip/vanilla swirl floats and split them. While it might not exactly be a crisis, I'm very disappointed to see this disappear even if it is just soft serve. I can get a regular dole whip at a local amusement park, but they don't have the floats so it was something special that only happened at Disney. I don't care for the pineapple floats....too much pineapple.
I agree with this. So I wrote to Guest Services. The email is:
Guest.Services@disneyworld.com

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

I am very sorry for your disappointment. Your feedback is very
important to us and we truly appreciate that you took the time to send
us your comments. It is through feedback, like yours, that we learn
what we must do to ensure the Disney magic is preserved for everyone.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your comments. Unfortunately, I
do not have your telephone number. I can be reached between the hours
of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. EST, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. You may
also provide me with your telephone number and the best time to call as
a reply to this message. I am happy to contact you.

Once again, thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. I look
forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.

It was after 2:00pm when I received it, so I will call them on Thursday. If you are interested in having them change it back, you could write in - I'm sure they would contact you, too.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Do you complain and start a petition every time your supermarket stops stocking a favourite product?

All this over vanilla ice cream. As Charlie Brown would say, good grief.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Do you complain and start a petition every time your supermarket stops stocking a favourite product?

Actually, i have never done this. This is a tradition we have in our family. I am going soon with extended family including my elderly father, who hasn't been. We wanted him to try one & I'm hoping they bring it back.

It's not the vanilla ice cream. It's like having a Mickey bar - something fun we do.
The title of the thread is unfortunate - it's not a crisis. We just like it.

Do you always post comments just to be snarky? The petition is a bit much but may be done partially as a joke.
I enjoy Dolewhip swirls and would like to know if this is temporary and if Pineapple Lanai still has them. I Believe the OP also called it a "crisis" without total sincerity but with some humor. If you don't care about the dessert, why waste your time reading and commenting?

Food is serious business!!

I was always curious as to how it was so popular because the real deal I had in Hawaii at Dole plantation was WAAYYYYYY too sweet. But now I know the secret was the swirl!

People who don't care should just move on. I wish the rest of you good luck :)

And yes, sometimes getting a bunch of people to 'complain' does work. Not very often, but in some instances it does.

Food is serious business!!

I was always curious as to how it was so popular because the real deal I had in Hawaii at Dole plantation was WAAYYYYYY too sweet. But now I know the secret was the swirl!

People who don't care should just move on. I wish the rest of you good luck :)

And yes, sometimes getting a bunch of people to 'complain' does work. Not very often, but in some instances it does.

Exactly. The swirl cuts back on how acidic and sweet the pineapple is, especially when made into a float.

Some people are also just curious as to why it's gone and if it's temporary/permanent.

I thought Sunshine Tree Terace and Aloha Isle were switching locations? Is the swirl still available at STT?

Actually, i have never done this. This is a tradition we have in our family. I am going soon with extended family including my elderly father, who hasn't been. We wanted him to try one & I'm hoping they bring it back.

It's not the vanilla ice cream. It's like having a Mickey bar - something fun we do.
The title of the thread is unfortunate - it's not a crisis. We just like it.

There is something to be said for 'tradition'.:goodvibes

While I wouldn't start a petition, yes, I would have no problem speaking to the manager at my local grocery store if they stopped stocking a product that I liked and often bought. While it might not changes things, it also might bring it back if enough people complained.

Look ... the word crisis is clearly over the top, but there have been a mountain of posts on this and other sites with fans venting their frustrations when Disney has taken away or changed one of their favorite things (yes, even food items) about DL or the MK. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

I mean, if they decided to change Mickey Bars, there would be a similar reaction. Deal with it.

I also don't understand why some people comment on this post so negatively. Sure, you may not care for the Dole Whip at all but for some it is a favorite or a family tradition.
I am sure all of you haters have some sort of tradition you love that you would be just as angry about if they took it away. Let people be upset for Pete's sake. If you don't like it don't read the thread.

This is so disappointing. I was always a classic pineapple dole whip in the cup kinda gal until February. I tried pineapple swirled with vanilla and I thought back to all those years where I made the wrong choice. The swirl was the perfect amount of tangy but sweet. My heart has been broken and there is nothing that can fill my newly made dolewhip hole. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter