Aloha Isle Crisis!!!!

Shocking, but not surprising. Ever since they did away with the Strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove, it is obvious to me that Disney has no taste in what's good in food. Then they decided to get rid of Figaro Fries. Nothing surprises me anymore! I'm just numb.

I think they still have dole whip vanilla swirls at the Polynesian. We were there a couple of weeks ago and got one. Has anyone been there in the last couple of days?

I refuse to wade through 4 pages of wailing over the disappearance of fake ice cream. All I can say to the OP is that if this signifies a crisis in your life, you lead a very sheltered and privileged one. That is all.

why must some people be so rude? If you don't want to wade through the pages fine, don't, but why get on here and say anything at all?? I don't believe the OP actual meant a real crisis, it was just a simple statement on how upsetting it is that it's no longer available, in no way does it mean they are sheltered... we all have our things we really love at Disney and may get upset at times, but it is no reason to be rude, jmo... with that said God Bless You!!

So, I've had the Pineapple Float with pineapple soft serve, and it was truly disgustingly TOO much pineapple. In my opinion, it isn't worth waiting in the long line for this combo! Speak with your purse! Don't order it. And pass the word to the people waiting in line that it isn't worth trying. If you want pineapple, just stick with a bowl of the soft serve. If you want a frosty drink, go get the Liberty Swirl at Liberty Square nearby.
We were there in March, and the line was really, really long and really, really slow. Changing the menu could be Disney's way of trying crowd control.

So, I've had the Pineapple Float with pineapple soft serve, and it was truly disgustingly TOO much pineapple. In my opinion, it isn't worth waiting in the long line for this combo! Speak with your purse! Don't order it. And pass the word to the people waiting in line that it isn't worth trying. If you want pineapple, just stick with a bowl of the soft serve. If you want a frosty drink, go get the Liberty Swirl at Liberty Square nearby.
We were there in March, and the line was really, really long and really, really slow. Changing the menu could be Disney's way of trying crowd control.
Could not agree more. Way too sweet and fake.

Interesting, but Disney has taken away all kinds of favorite foods and restaurants through out the years that have not returned. I hope it is a temporary thing for all that love it. I never really have loved the Dole whip with or without swirl.

Remember the Taco Salad, The figaro fries, and I am sure there are more.

Interesting, but Disney has taken away all kinds of favorite foods and restaurants through out the years that have not returned. I hope it is a temporary thing for all that love it. I never really have loved the Dole whip with or without swirl.

Remember the Taco Salad, The figaro fries, and I am sure there are more.
There is that one place near splash mountain that makes those burritos and bowls. They are only open seasonally (was closed in January during the marathon).

There is that one place near splash mountain that makes those burritos and bowls. They are only open seasonally (was closed in January during the marathon).

The last time I had the Taco salad at Pecos Bills and Tortuga Tavern the place by Splash Mountain that you speak of the shell was stale both times. I lost interest in that a long time ago before they moved on. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it.

The last time I had the Taco salad at Pecos Bills and Tortuga Tavern the place by Splash Mountain that you speak of the shell was stale both times. I lost interest in that a long time ago before they moved on. Sadly, I didn't enjoy it.
That's too bad. I enjoyed them in the past. Thought they were good and very generous with the burrito fillings.

I guess that is one snack that will be crossed off my list on our upcoming trip. I like the pineapple dole whip well enough, but my favorite was the pineapple float with a swirl of pineapple and vanilla.

I get that this is just soft-serve, but like many people this was sort of a tradition for my family....something we did at least once a trip....get a few dole whip/vanilla swirl floats and split them. While it might not exactly be a crisis, I'm very disappointed to see this disappear even if it is just soft serve. I can get a regular dole whip at a local amusement park, but they don't have the floats so it was something special that only happened at Disney. I don't care for the pineapple floats....too much pineapple.

If it was such a big seller they'd not get rid of it. Let's be realistic. They won't take away a great money maker. If they had the sales to warrant keeping the swirl/vanilla they would have. I have far better things to get all worked up over. There are other places to get vanilla ice cream in the park.

If it was such a big seller they'd not get rid of it. Let's be realistic. They won't take away a great money maker. If they had the sales to warrant keeping the swirl/vanilla they would have. I have far better things to get all worked up over. There are other places to get vanilla ice cream in the park.
Maybe you can sign the change.org petition to bring it back........hahaha.

I'm really confused.

The WDW website shows a float with plain vanilla and the vanilla/pineapple twist.

I'm pretty sure if they can float it in pineapple juice, they can give it to you plain if you ask.

Crisis averted?

Pineapple Lanai at the Poly DOES still list the Swirl and Pineapple Floats on their menu through the app (whereas Aloha Isle has had the Swirl removed). I'm not sure of why they would move to a larger location and downsize the menu for Aloha though. The good news is that it seems you can still get them at Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter