"Almost" 3 year old activities, sea days

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
We are on an Alaska cruise and my grandson literally misses the 3 year old cut off date by one week. I've read that there is no leniency to allow him into the club (or is there?), so I was wondering what suggestions anyone has to help him enjoy the day while at sea (and his sibling is busy in the club)? It may be too cold to fully enjoy the water activities. I know he can go to the club during open house, but that is pretty limited.

We are on an Alaska cruise and my grandson literally misses the 3 year old cut off date by one week. I've read that there is no leniency to allow him into the club (or is there?), so I was wondering what suggestions anyone has to help him enjoy the day while at sea (and his sibling is busy in the club)? It may be too cold to fully enjoy the water activities. I know he can go to the club during open house, but that is pretty limited.
I am sorry, there is no leniency to allow a 2-year-old into secured programming. However, the nursery may be open again soon and this would be an option for him.

Are there any specific indoor activities/crafts, etc., during the day geared to toddlers, other than the club open houses?

Are there any specific indoor activities/crafts, etc., during the day geared to toddlers, other than the club open houses?
I am not back on the ships yet so am not exactly sure of specific activities. There are usually family activities, but not necessarily geared directly towards toddlers. More that they can be there too.

When we were on the Wonder for the WBPC there were family crafts for several hours a day, usually something like 10am to 5pm in the French Quarter Lounge. Some of the crafts would definitely work for a young one - I'm thinking mostly of the colouring, drawing, etc.

He could also do all of the character meet and greets.

There will be movies upstairs on Funnel Vision; armed with a cup of hot cocoa this could be good fun if the pools are too cold.

There isn't really anything specifically geared toward toddlers :(

Is moving the cruise back a week at all a possibility?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter