allstar music

ksd

Earning My Ears
Hi i have read a number of reports on the a.s.m is it a bad place to stay? as a lot of the views i have read do not seem to rate it.
These views were not on this site have any of you been there and what was it like?.

I've stayed at the All Star Sports resort which is almost identical. I loved it so much we're going back.

The hotel is motel style with outside walkways. The rooms were clean and with 2 double beds perfectly adequate for 2 adults and 2 children.

The pools are just straigtforward pools but OK for a swim.

No formal restaurants just a food court, but that's one reason I chose it - relaxed eating with fussy children. (Great food but paper plates.)

We had no problems with noise (ground floor corner room). We were quite a way from the foodcourts (but just a few minutes walk) and very close to the smaller of the pools.

Not the plushest of hotels and certainly not subtle theming!

Can't say about transport as we like to drive everywhere.

Lots of children about but I didn't find them a nuisence (after all you should expect them at Disney!)

It's a personal thing but I'm certainly looking forward to going back.

Libby

I stayed at the All Star Music in March and loved it!! The kids thought it was the greatest and if we go back again we'd definately stay there again.

Our room was more that adequate (1 adult, 2 kids), we stayed in Calypso and were near everything. The pool was brilliant and even though the themeing could be described as being a bit big and brash we certainly felt it added to the fun of staying on site.

The foodcourt had all we needed, the shop ditto (with reasonable prices). The kids loved the games arcade and the shuttle bus service was very good.

Like Libby just put, if I get the chance, I'm looking forward to going back there! :)

Astrid

I haven't stayed in AS Music, but have stayed in AS Movies - and loved it :)

As the others have said, the AS resorts are big and brash, but as long as you go knowing that's how it will be (just take a look at the photos in any travel brochure or on the web site) you shouldn't be disappointed. I think they are great resorts for families.

I wouldn't choose AS for a romantic getaway, or for a luxury break, but for a family trip to the theme parks of Orlando I think they fit the bill.

However, I do have a friend who took her family there last month (fortunately not on my recommendation!) and came back saying she thought it was "like Butlins" - and I gather she didn't mean that as a compliment! Each to their own ;)

Can relate to the Butlins analogy. It's garish, basic and typically budget.

We've only been to Florida three times and stayed at ASMu each time- 8 weeks in all. It does for us.

Before we went we too were concerned at the majority of negative comments, particularly at the room sizes and content. But these were on American boards ,where their comparisons were to other American layouts- which are more spacious and maybe better furnished. Not that us Brits are easier pleased or got lessser standards, just the ASMu rooms are still way bigger than yer average British hotel room and furnished in the way we'd expect any budget room to be.

We stayed in AS Movies last visit. 2 adults + 2 kids. We all loved it. The kids loved the theming. What could you want from what is basically a bed in between being theme parked out!!

It was clean, room sizes were OK, staff were excellent always happy to help. Food from the food court was good, although could be a bit "samey" if you ate here all the time.

We would go there again - although we're trying Int'l Drive this time..

I have stayed at the All Star Music twice(Jazz and Broadway) and tomorrow I'm going back to the All Star Movies for the 3rd time.
Both resorts offer clean,tidy and adequate facilities.
The Disney transport is handy too, plenty of buses throughout although early morning and later at night you may be asked to stand or wait for the next bus as they get busy.
I will return to All Stars again on future holidays.:D

Hi KSD:wave:

we stayed at ASM when we went 3yrs ago it was brill! for the kids .

You dont say how old your kids are, ours were 8 & 13 they thought it was great to get back at nite to see what the mousekeepers had done to the rooms next.

Luv Audrey xxxx:bounce: :bounce:

We have just come back from ASMo and I would go back again. the All Star Resorts are in a great location, just off the Oscealo Parkway and on an almost direct route from both airports. They are close to AK, BB and MGM and there is a Macdonalds close by.

It is easy to get to the 192 via Sherbeth Road where there are plenty of shops and restaurants and the Disney transportation system is second to none.

What I will say is, this is a travelodge with theming and as long as you know this and don't expect waiter service and frills then you wont be disappointed.

With regard to the room sizes, with two children and having stopped at numerous travelodges in this country I was a little worrried about space. I was, however pleasantly suprised at the amount of room which we had which was far more than your average Travelodge in this country.

If you want to go to Universal or Seaworld access to the I4 is easy.

It really depends on your circumstances, with children these are the resorts to stay.

I will agree with everything that everyone else has said, don't think you are going to a 4 star hotel or even a 3 star and just soak up the atmosphere.

Disney really is the only place to stay.

Stop me, my enthusiasm runneth away with me.

Reg

Hi,

Just another glowing report for the AS resort hotels. We have stayed in the ASMo twice now and we found the theming to be quite unlike anything we have experienced before. Garish? certainly but it adds to the overall experience. Definitely recommended.

Pete

Another vote for teh All Stars
On our first visit in 1996 we went to Dixie Landings (now part of the French Quarter I beleive) and since then we been to the All Star Music (twice) and the All Star Movies (once) and due to go again in Dec. I think that says enough.
The only difference I could notice between the two, apart from the obvious difference in surroundings, is that there may have been two wash basins in the bedrooms at Dixie and the moderate hotels tend to have an on site restaurant whereas the All Stars only have food courts. If you can live without these then I'm sure you'll find something else to spned your saved money on (bad grammar I know but I've had a long day)
One tip would be that the pools have still been in use by "noisy" children at gone 11.00 when we've returned on several ocassions, so if you are an "early to bed and early to rise" person then you might want to specify a room on a side of the block of bedrooms away from the pool.
In addition each block has its own lifts so don't make the same mistake I did by humping four loaded suticases up two flights of stairs in 95 degree heat and high humidity, only to find the lifts when we went on our first trip to the food court.
Have a good holiday
paulc

Just to underline, the All Stars resorts attract a lot of budget-minded families, hence there are usually a lot of kids around. And younger kids really enjoy the theming, so they tend to be everywhere, LOL! The food courts are good value, though, and the addition of convenient launderettes is a real plus here, I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter