Allie5 Disneyland Paris Sept 04 - Part 5

allie5

<font color=blue>WARNING! DHL men should be cautio
Cast Members:

Allie (me!) - 37, Disney fan and shopaholic
Neil, DH, 31, A very generous soul who finances my Disney Plans and Schemes!
Jessamy, DD aged 4. Fantasyland is her second home! Peter Pan her fave film, ride and character!
Daniel-Noah, DS aged 2. Character junkie. Loves anything tall and furry.

Monday 20th September. Daniel's 2nd Birthday!

Awoke to the sounds of Jessie singing Happy Birthday at a slightly later than normal 7.30am. Gave Daniel his cards (presents were left at home, due to lack of space!) and tried to pin on a Bob The Builder "2 TODAY" badge. That lasted, oh, about 4 seconds before being pulled off and chucked under the bed. Everyone is dressed and down in the lobby by 8.30am and we spot a bus about to leave, so dash on board. Its a little overcast this morning so kids are in jackets, I have my fleece, but DH proves his manliness, by refusing to wear nothing more than his T shirt and shorts as usual :D.

Today is the morning of our "Fantasyland Breakfast". For those of you who dont know, this is a perk for Disney hotel guests where you can choose to take your breakfast in a restaurant in Fantasyland before park opening. You will then be in place to ride all the Fantasyland rides before any serious lines build up.

Find the restaurant OK and its fairly quiet. No giant sized OAPs in sight, hoorah! Bag a table near the buffet, but as usual, a party of French visitors decide they ALSO want this table as well. Im mightily fed up with them at this point and just frown darkly. I also mention in a loud voice "oh, Daniel have you done ANOTHER poo in your nappy" and sniff dramatically (he hadnt, but this has the desired effect and the French party pick up their bags and move). All goes well for the first 10 mins. Buffet is not busy, the OJ is chilled and there is a good choice. However, as the time goes on, the restaurant fills to capacity and once again a feeding frenzy develops and the queue for the croissants reaches double figures. Give up, and leave just before 10am.

Oh joy! The rides are going already! First Peter Pan, no wait, next Dumbo...we get two goes on the trot without having to get off. Then the teacups, the carousel, Pinnochio, Its a Small World...oh the excitement!! We then venture round to Frontierland where the wait for Big Thunder Mountain is only 5 mins. Question Jessie intently whether she is ready for her first "grown up rollercoaster". She is ready and I take her off. We chat about what the ride is like and I tell her that its very fast but great fun. Will she love it or will she hate it? You can never tell with Jessie what she will like and what she wont, so it was with Great Expectations that we boarded our train.

Oh dear. She HATED it. I forgot that the BTM at DLP was a bit more intense than the fairly sedate one at WDW. She was fine with the speed and the bends and drops but hated the dark tunnels. Came off sobbing her heart out and I felt terrible. Had to dig out my mobile so she could call Nanny at home and tell her what her wicked mother had just put her through. Ooops. Sobbing didnt stop until we reached the next shopping opportunity and she was placted with a pair of Mickey gloves, a Sleeping Beauty top and some Minnie hair scrunchies. That will teach me. Of course, we then had to high tail it back to Fantasyland where the rides were more gentle and not nearly as scary!

We had tried to book Daniel the Birthday Party at the Plaza Gardens, but in another annoying twist of fate, this wasnt open on Mondays or Tuesdays. I should have booked it for the Sunday, and felt bad I hadnt. Still, the whole trip was a Birthday treat, not just today, so we took him to as many characters as we could find. Most of the time they would come to HIM, so it was quite easy to avoid the lines!

Wandered over to the Toad Hall restaurant and got chicken strips (AGAIN) for the kids, Neil had fish and chips and I had a chicken burger. We were quite impressed with this. PROPER thick chips, not those anorexic fries and nicely cooked food, cooked fresh to order. For a fast food joint, this was a good find.

Next, we walked round to Pirates, where Jessie threw a hissy fit because "its dark in there". Its unlike her to be stroppy and I knew it was the lack of sleep that was causing it. We urged her on and I have to say, even I was surprised at just how dark it was in that tunnel! At one point we were in complete blackness and couldnt see a way forward. After some "groping around" (which isnt as exciting as it sounds ;) ) but consisted of Neil finding the wall and leading us forward, we finally found the ride entrance! There was no-one about so got straight on. Jessie proceeded to sob for the entire journey but Daniel LOVED it and sang YoHoYoHo for the rest of the holiday! This is a far superior ride to the WDW one, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Would have only been improved by Johnny Depp swinging past and blowing me a kiss ;) .

We then meandered over to Discoveryland to catch the Lion King show, only to find they had cancelled the blooming thing. However, it was a good job we HAD come, as unbeknownst to us, the show is TICKETED, and we had to collect tickets for the 3:15pm show! This threw a spanner in the works, as we had planned to go back to the Studios to do the 3:15 Moteurs Stunt show :mad:. We had to choose which one to go for. After some thought, we really had no choice as the parade was at 4pm, so we had to stay for the Lion King.

Spent the next couple of hours up in the castle, shopping, checked out the Baby Centre (just as good as the WDW ones, with lovely staff and excellent facilites) and doing the usual selection of Fantasyland rides! Got back to the Lion King show in plenty of time and joined a large queue. It seemed most people had no clue that they needed a ticket (now all gone) and were queueing fruitlessly. When I dug out my tickets, several people asked what they were and were MOST put out when they realised that they wouldnt get to see the show. This "ticketing" idea is ridiculous if no one KNOWS about it for goodness sake! It was pure chance that we got tickets and got in.

Well, the show was fantastic. Not quite as dramatic as the one at WDW, but nevertheless, very entertaining, hugely enjoyable and a must see. TIP: There were PLENTY of empty seats in the restaurant part of the theatre and I would reccomend sitting there if you arrive without a ticket at the last minute.

Its now almost time for the parade, so we grab a spot in the Winnie The Pooh Theatre. Weather has gotten much cooler and Neil is starting to seriously regret those shorts! Parade start bang on 4pm and its a good one. Kids enjoy it immensely and a lot of characters use the benches to climb on a dance! The spot we are in has no one opposite, so we get some great interaction on our side. Its much shorter than the MK parade, but very good and Im sitting here humming the tune "...its a Disney kind of day"!!

Decide to take a slow stroll back, doing all the shops in Main St along the way! This takes sometime and we walk back through the village, laden with blue carrier bags! Decide to eat at the hotel again as we enjoyed it so much last night. Meal doesnt dissapoint again, though they didnt do anything for Daniel's birthday, even though I asked if I could get a cake and a couple of candles. Back to the room and Neil takes Jessie swimming again whilst I put Daniel to bed.

Tomorrow: Last day, the journey home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter