Allergy

GinnetteM

Earning My Ears
I have a really dumb allergy, which leads to an annoying question. I’m massively, potentially deathly allergic to hemp and all hemp by products, including weed.

I know that weed and CBD oil and edibles aren’t allowed at either Disney, but what about hemp?

I know hemp is in a lot of lotions and hemp proteins are added to a lot of protein powders.

As fast as anyone knows, does Disneyland have any food with hemp in it?

I have a really dumb allergy, which leads to an annoying question. I’m massively, potentially deathly allergic to hemp and all hemp by products, including weed.

I know that weed and CBD oil and edibles aren’t allowed at either Disney, but what about hemp?

I know hemp is in a lot of lotions and hemp proteins are added to a lot of protein powders.

As fast as anyone knows, does Disneyland have any food with hemp in it?
I have never seen or heard of any food at DLR containing hemp. Be aware that even though pot is not allowed on DLR property, people do sneak it in and try to smoke it in the parks. Since the new smoking ban was put in place at the beginning of this month, things are much better. But be prepared that you could encounter someone trying to smoke pot in secret.
In an interesting side note, yesterday was the first time that a CM at security asked me if I had anything with CBD or any pot products in my bag. He was looking through my cosmetics pouch and saw my Aveda and herbal products. He was very clear that CBD and pot are not allowed on property and was very relieved when I explained that I didn't have any. Then we saw security stop a young couple who were made to return their stash to their car.
There is a new soap store in DTD -- does anyone know if any Rinse products contain hemp? (We haven't stopped by there yet.) If so, you might want to steer clear of that shop.

Rinse doesn't specifically market any hemp products, but I am not totally sure no products contain hemp.

A fair amount of nautical rope is hemp based and the lines that secure the Columbia and Mark Twain when at the dock may use that type of rope. It’s unlikely you would come into direct contact with these ropes, but depending on how sensitive you are, sitting or standing near those ropes could expose you a little.

And know ahead of time where First Aid is located in each park (in DL: across from the Little Red Wagon and Plaza Inn, just off of Main Street; in DCA: right next door to Chamber of Commerce on BVS) -- it can save so much time if you know where to go without having to look it up on a map or the app or having to find a CM to ask. All CMs there are RNs and are super nice and helpful. First Aid has epi pens, too, in case something goes wrong with yours.

Last edited:
If you are concerned about food products, contact Disney’s dietary department. They’re super. Although yours isn’t one of the more common ones, I’m sure they’ll be able to help you stay safe as far as eating goes.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

I have Celiac so am a label reader. I can’t say I recall seeing anything with hemp or hemp oil on the ingredients list in any of the packaged foods I’ve looked at.

I have a dumb allergy too. Cinnamon. It is only normally an issue come holiday time (October-December). I h ave only ever met ONE other person who has the same allergy. We were both getting waffles at a hotel breakfast area and we both said CAN'T have that! When we noticed the waffle batter had cinnamon. We both smiled and said we never met anyone else with our allergy. Pretty funny. So , I get what you mean. Its hard sometimes, but Disney is great about it. One time I forgot to put it in our reservation, but thankfuly they also ask when you check in. So I mentioned it (it was during the holidays). Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter