Allergies?

i12go2wdw

DIS Veteran
Some members of our family suffer from hayfever. Has anyone been to WDW in October and noticed whether or not this is a bad time for allergies?

TIA for your responses.

I have been to Disney in October!! I also suffer from terrible hayfever!! Usually it is not too severe around this time of year!! It is less noticanle than during the spring and summer time!!

Michelle
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

There's no way to know without knowing what their allergies are. If they've ever been tested by an allergist and have a list of things that bother them, they should be able to find a report of what is bad at what times of the year. The weather people usually report on allergens, so they probably have a record.

If you know your specific allergies the Orange County Health Dept. site might help. I don't know how to post a link, but run a search with the word 'ozone' and you'll find all the great links people on the disABILITIES board found for me to check air quality before we went in June.

My kids and I have terrible allergies. We already asked the doctor for a prescription of Zyrtec for me and Claritin reditabs for the kids. She said if we start taking them 2 weeks prior to the trip and daily throughout or trip it may help to keep attacks away. My son tends to be worse, so we will also be taking a steroidal nose spray for him to give added protection.

My son also has allergies and has been on Zyrtec for some time. At home in KY he still has sneezes when someone cuts grass, sometimes wakes up coughing or occasionally has runny nose. When we went to Florida last week, it was amazing he never coughed or sniffled the whole time we were down there. I guess there none of his allergens were present. It was funny though on the drive back home, he began sneezing as soon as we hit around NC. I guess that's reason to move to Florida. LOL ;)

I haven't had a problem with allergies at Disney in October, but that might have just been me! My kids have asthma and I'll be carrying their inhalers with me just in case, though. Better safe than sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter