• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Allergies: Special Cleaning?

headoflife

Mouseketeer
My DS has pretty severe allergies to dust mites, in addition to his Aspergers, and I have a fairly strong allergy to smoke. I was told on another board that one can request "special cleaning" and freshly washed linens, and a no smoking floor. Does anybody here know anything about this? Should I just note these as requests on our ressie, or should I go through special reservations? Any info is greatly appreciated!

headoflife said:
My DS has pretty severe allergies to dust mites, in addition to his Aspergers, and I have a fairly strong allergy to smoke. I was told on another board that one can request "special cleaning" and freshly washed linens, and a no smoking floor. Does anybody here know anything about this? Should I just note these as requests on our ressie, or should I go through special reservations? Any info is greatly appreciated!

i'm sure you could go through special requests to arrange for the "VIP cleaning" and to guaranty a non-smoking room (don't know about non-smoking floors) and have it noted on your ressie. I think that the regular reservationists can make those notations, too, but i think given what i've read about other's reservations of late, i'd recommend going through special reservations.

due to my own allergies, i've requested and received this in the past, but i must admit that i'm not sure how thorough a job they always do. i guess it depends on the crew for the day.

they will wipe down all surfaces with vinegar (i think). Insides of drawers weren't always cleaned, so i leave our clothes in our own suitcases.

last january i asked for bedspreads, blankets, etc. to be changed when we checked in (we were assigned a different room at check-in than the one that was pre-blocked for us as we arrived VERY early), and i have proof that they did NOT replace them in our newly assigned room. we had to have housekeeping come to room at 11:30 p.m. and do the replacement at that time. they did wipe surfaces, though, while we were in the parks that day.

HTH,
dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter