All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

I have to agree that the Spa is just amazing. Danielle and I loved it and I am sure it will be in our future soon to do again.

Ohana for breakfast.... When are we going :goodvibes

Love Ohana for breakfast!! It's improved a lot in the last couple of years IMO, so I'm glad we enjoyed it more this recent trip! The food, and the JUICE, yuuuum!!

Ugh, GFlo is so gorgeous, absolutely at home and love it there, I could sit there all day! I definitely need to try out the spa! Both Danielle & you have posted about having a great experience there!

I WOULD DIE to stay in the Gflo villas as well, they're SO pretty!!

O'hana breakfast looks so fun. But my antisocial self would never be able to do it solo.

Love the monorail pics. Contemporary is at the top of my wish list to stay at in the future. I just really think I would enjoy being on that monorail loop.

Heated Loungers?!?!? Say what?!? I may just have to have DBF build one of those for me as well. The spa treatment sounds awesome.

Great update. Can't wait to see more.

I just found your new TR Missy Rose, looks like an awesome beginning to your trip. The Ohana selfie are so cute !

Glad you found us! And thanks! :goodvibes

I have to agree that the Spa is just amazing. Danielle and I loved it and I am sure it will be in our future soon to do again.

Ohana for breakfast.... When are we going :goodvibes

I'm also really excited to try the spa on the Dream, I've heard the cruise line spas are even better than Senses at GF!

I'm down for 'Ohana anytime you are!

Love Ohana for breakfast!! It's improved a lot in the last couple of years IMO, so I'm glad we enjoyed it more this recent trip! The food, and the JUICE, yuuuum!!

Ugh, GFlo is so gorgeous, absolutely at home and love it there, I could sit there all day! I definitely need to try out the spa! Both Danielle & you have posted about having a great experience there!

I WOULD DIE to stay in the Gflo villas as well, they're SO pretty!!

Franklin made me promise one thing when we bought at VGF... that I would promise to leave the resort every once in a while when we stay there! :lmao:I could pretty much just wander around that resort forever.

O'hana breakfast looks so fun. But my antisocial self would never be able to do it solo.

Love the monorail pics. Contemporary is at the top of my wish list to stay at in the future. I just really think I would enjoy being on that monorail loop.

Heated Loungers?!?!? Say what?!? I may just have to have DBF build one of those for me as well. The spa treatment sounds awesome.

Great update. Can't wait to see more.

I was a little apprehensive about doing a character meal solo, but it ended up being a blast! CR is one of our favorite resorts. I know some people don't think it's "Disney" enough, but what could be more Disney than seeing the castle from pretty much anywhere on the resort grounds?!?!

That heated lounger is my new happy place, it was blissful.

I love how there is so much to do at WDW without even stepping into a park! I loved your 'Ohana picture. Matching bow and everything!

The Disney Extras I always seem to add are ADRs. I love food and I love thinking about what I am going to eat months ahead of time. I'm weird like that. As much as I loved Senses, I get more excited over a buffet with Mickey waffles than a massage!

What a great breakfast! Family style character meals are sooooooo much easier than buffets when it comes to eating and not missing out on the characters.

An afternoon at the spa sounds HEAVENLY!

Ohana looks great for breakfast. All this time I thought it was a buffet (which I loath) boy was I wrong (don't tell my hubby i admired to that). From the name I also thought it was just LIlo and stich, had no idea Mickey n Pluto were there. May have to swing by when we r at at wilderness lodge in September.

Oh how heavenly that spa looks. What a perfect day so far. Can't wait to see dinner.

What a great start to day 2. We've never eaten breakfast at Ohana. It's certainly something I'd consider after reading about your breakfast. Love the selfies.

Nice present from Franklin! Glad you enjoyed your spa time.

Ohana for breakfast looks like a lot of fun and so many cute selfies :)

So jealous about the spa and your upcoming GF trip. Someday I shall do both. But until then, I shall just look at pictures like yours ;)

'Ohana breakfast is one of our favorites!!! My boys even as teenagers are BIG stitch fans so we have to do that one every time! Glad you enjoyed it!

Loved your review of the GF spa! Just looked at their "menu" and they have an athletic massage. Maybe I'll schedule one for my daughter while we are there for the softball tournament next month! A pre-college surprise!

That looks like my kind of day! :) Breakfast at 'Ohana looks like lots of fun! I'm currently agonizing over the decision between there or Crystal Palace.

A soak in the hot tub followed by a trip to the spa sounds just about perfect. They'd probably have to drag me out of there! I don't know if I could make myself get out of that lounger. Can't wait to see what's for dinner ;)

I love that you went to the Ohana's breakfast solo! Ohana's was my very first and favorite character breakfast (back when it was Mickey, Goofy, Chip & Dale). Although I love that it eventually changed over to Lilo & Stitch because Stitch is another one of my favorite characters. I keep going back because it's my favorite way to start a Magic Kingdom day!
I've never done the Senses Spa but it looks wonderful! I guess my favorite extra is the Polynesian Luau which I have done twice so far! I love the music and the dancing and the fire guy...oh yeah and I enjoy the food as well! (Does that count as an extra? :rotfl:)

Glad you found us! And thanks! :goodvibes

I'm down for 'Ohana anytime you are![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We need to make sure our trips overlap so we can for sure do Ohana for breakfast. It would be great to be able to hook up with you and Franklin again. We had a blast with the two of you :thumbsup2:cool1:

Awwww, I LOVE the Pluto selfie!! So cute!!

My favorite "extra" is afternoon tea @ GF. I will do that every single time I go from now on.

Glad you had fun with the guys at O'hana! That is by far our favorite character meal probably mostly because the food is brought to you so mom doesn't have to rush back and forth to the buffet to try not to miss the characters. OH and that juice!!! I LOVE that juice!!

Senses sounds like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon!!! I may have to try it out on one of our next trips!

I was a couple of updates behind, but I'm all caught up now!

:cool1:

I'm not much of a parade person, but the Festival of Fantasy looks incredible. The colors in the costumes and on the floats are gorgeous!

I think I already commented to you that I love the photo of the dragon with the castle in the background. Great shot.

Your dinner at 'Ohana looked wonderful.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Space Mountain with the lights on. Mark and I saw that a long time ago while on the Peoplemover during one of our earliest trips. I am hoping to see it again next June during the 8th grade class trip. In one of the Y.E.S. classes, Properties of Motion, I think- you ride SM with the lights off and then with the lights on and describe how the different rides feel. Our school does that class frequently, but we didn't do it the year I went with Nate.

Looks like you had a super fun breakfast at 'Ohana.

The Pluto selfie cracked me up! :lmao:

The massage was such a nice gift. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Like you, I love that resort monorail loop. It is TOO a ride!

:goodvibes

What a fun trip report! I usually am guilty of lurking but you seem so fun & welcoming that I had to comment about how much I'm enjoying reading about your trip. I LOVE Ohana and would totally do that if I was solo. That bread pudding is A-Maze-Ing!!! And I love your FOF parade pictures. We're going to Disney in September & I'm totally living through you right now. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. popcorn::

I just found your trip report. :cool1: That's too bad that Franklin doesn't get enough vacation days for you to properly enjoy Disney. We bought an annual pass for the first time and have been making good use of it. I'm running out of vacation days, too.

Your view from your studio is very nice. We stayed at the BWI one time and you are right that the best thing is to request a room close to the elevator. We prefer the BC but wouldn't hesitate to stay in one of the villas at the BW. The location is great for walking to HS and the pools look really nice.

Our arrival day tradition is to head into the closest park for lunch, do a few rides, then go back to the room for a nap. We usually take the first flight in, which is 6 - 6:30am, so it is an early morning for us. When we stay at an Epcot resort we head into Epcot for lunch. When we stay at the WL we head into MK for lunch. On our last trip we hit the food booths at the Flower and Garden Festival. We are returning for F&W in September and plan to go to those food booths for lunch on arrival day. We have never been to F&W before and can't wait to experience it. I'm worried about the heat in September, though, since we usually avoid WDW in hot weather. :scared1:

Are you planning to go to F&W this year?

I love how there is so much to do at WDW without even stepping into a park! I loved your 'Ohana picture. Matching bow and everything!

The Disney Extras I always seem to add are ADRs. I love food and I love thinking about what I am going to eat months ahead of time. I'm weird like that. As much as I loved Senses, I get more excited over a buffet with Mickey waffles than a massage!

I like to accessorize for every Disney occasion! ;) You are preaching to the choir about adding ADRs, we are big TS people. The food is so good, and it can be such a nice break from rushing around in the parks!

What a great breakfast! Family style character meals are sooooooo much easier than buffets when it comes to eating and not missing out on the characters.

An afternoon at the spa sounds HEAVENLY!

It was so lovely to be done eating by the time the characters came around! And the spa was most definitely heavenly!

Ohana looks great for breakfast. All this time I thought it was a buffet (which I loath) boy was I wrong (don't tell my hubby i admired to that). From the name I also thought it was just LIlo and stich, had no idea Mickey n Pluto were there. May have to swing by when we r at at wilderness lodge in September.

Oh how heavenly that spa looks. What a perfect day so far. Can't wait to see dinner.

You should totally try 'Ohana for breakfast, it was so worth it. I like the BLT/WL split you have going in September, I just wish Disney hadn't chosen September to start a pool refurb at WL!

What a great start to day 2. We've never eaten breakfast at Ohana. It's certainly something I'd consider after reading about your breakfast. Love the selfies.

Nice present from Franklin! Glad you enjoyed your spa time.

Thanks! I have the best husband. :goodvibes

Ohana for breakfast looks like a lot of fun and so many cute selfies :)

So jealous about the spa and your upcoming GF trip. Someday I shall do both. But until then, I shall just look at pictures like yours ;)

I love Disney bucket lists. Mine definitely includes staying at Wilderness Lodge and trying the Wild Africa Trek!

'Ohana breakfast is one of our favorites!!! My boys even as teenagers are BIG stitch fans so we have to do that one every time! Glad you enjoyed it!

Loved your review of the GF spa! Just looked at their "menu" and they have an athletic massage. Maybe I'll schedule one for my daughter while we are there for the softball tournament next month! A pre-college surprise!

I can see how 'Ohana could quickly become a favorite! And that spas surprise for your daughter sounds delightful!

That looks like my kind of day! :) Breakfast at 'Ohana looks like lots of fun! I'm currently agonizing over the decision between there or Crystal Palace.

A soak in the hot tub followed by a trip to the spa sounds just about perfect. They'd probably have to drag me out of there! I don't know if I could make myself get out of that lounger. Can't wait to see what's for dinner ;)

What else do you have planned for that morning, we can help you make the decision!

I will never know how I managed to drag myself out of the spa, it was just so relaxing there.

I love that you went to the Ohana's breakfast solo! Ohana's was my very first and favorite character breakfast (back when it was Mickey, Goofy, Chip & Dale). Although I love that it eventually changed over to Lilo & Stitch because Stitch is another one of my favorite characters. I keep going back because it's my favorite way to start a Magic Kingdom day!
I've never done the Senses Spa but it looks wonderful! I guess my favorite extra is the Polynesian Luau which I have done twice so far! I love the music and the dancing and the fire guy...oh yeah and I enjoy the food as well! (Does that count as an extra? :rotfl:)

Oooh! Tell me more about the luau, we've never tried it!

We need to make sure our trips overlap so we can for sure do Ohana for breakfast. It would be great to be able to hook up with you and Franklin again. We had a blast with the two of you :thumbsup2:cool1:

We've got August 2014, December 2014, April 2015 and October 2015 in the works. What's your plan?

Awwww, I LOVE the Pluto selfie!! So cute!!

My favorite "extra" is afternoon tea @ GF. I will do that every single time I go from now on.

I dream about having a daughter someday and taking her to tea at GF!

Glad you had fun with the guys at O'hana! That is by far our favorite character meal probably mostly because the food is brought to you so mom doesn't have to rush back and forth to the buffet to try not to miss the characters. OH and that juice!!! I LOVE that juice!!

Senses sounds like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon!!! I may have to try it out on one of our next trips!

If you love the juice, :love: just wait until you see what they serve at the Star Wars Weekend dessert party (hint it includes alcohol).

I was a couple of updates behind, but I'm all caught up now!

:cool1:

I'm not much of a parade person, but the Festival of Fantasy looks incredible. The colors in the costumes and on the floats are gorgeous!

I think I already commented to you that I love the photo of the dragon with the castle in the background. Great shot.

The new parade is stunning, so worth seeing! And I very much lucked into the dragon/castle shot. :lmao:

Your dinner at 'Ohana looked wonderful.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Space Mountain with the lights on. Mark and I saw that a long time ago while on the Peoplemover during one of our earliest trips. I am hoping to see it again next June during the 8th grade class trip. In one of the Y.E.S. classes, Properties of Motion, I think- you ride SM with the lights off and then with the lights on and describe how the different rides feel. Our school does that class frequently, but we didn't do it the year I went with Nate.

Looks like you had a super fun breakfast at 'Ohana.

OMG, I would love to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. It would be super claustrophobic, but sooooo worth it!

The Pluto selfie cracked me up! :lmao:

The massage was such a nice gift. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Like you, I love that resort monorail loop. It is TOO a ride!

:goodvibes

It took two tries to even get that much of Pluto's snout in the selfie! The massage was the perfect gift. And the monorail is most definitely a ride! Hey, that would be a good TR chapter title, I wonder where I've heard that???

What a fun trip report! I usually am guilty of lurking but you seem so fun & welcoming that I had to comment about how much I'm enjoying reading about your trip. I LOVE Ohana and would totally do that if I was solo. That bread pudding is A-Maze-Ing!!! And I love your FOF parade pictures. We're going to Disney in September & I'm totally living through you right now. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. popcorn::

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! We're a pretty fun bunch around here, so don't be scared to jump right in.

Tell me about your September trip, what have you got planned?

I just found your trip report. :cool1: That's too bad that Franklin doesn't get enough vacation days for you to properly enjoy Disney. We bought an annual pass for the first time and have been making good use of it. I'm running out of vacation days, too.

Your view from your studio is very nice. We stayed at the BWI one time and you are right that the best thing is to request a room close to the elevator. We prefer the BC but wouldn't hesitate to stay in one of the villas at the BW. The location is great for walking to HS and the pools look really nice.

Our arrival day tradition is to head into the closest park for lunch, do a few rides, then go back to the room for a nap. We usually take the first flight in, which is 6 - 6:30am, so it is an early morning for us. When we stay at an Epcot resort we head into Epcot for lunch. When we stay at the WL we head into MK for lunch. On our last trip we hit the food booths at the Flower and Garden Festival. We are returning for F&W in September and plan to go to those food booths for lunch on arrival day. We have never been to F&W before and can't wait to experience it. I'm worried about the heat in September, though, since we usually avoid WDW in hot weather. :scared1:

Are you planning to go to F&W this year?

Wow, we take the first flight out of D.C. and it lands at 9, yours is REALLLLLLY early! I'm so envious of your F&W plans. This is going to be the first F&W we're going to miss in five years! It makes me want to cry. But the people were traveling with this year (my family this summer and Franklin's family in the winter) had us plan trips in August and December. And as Disney-crazy as Franklin and I are, we just couldn't justify adding an October trip between those two. So now F&W Festival for us this year. We'll live vicariously through you!

Welcome back friends! I had just topped off a lovely afternoon with my very first massage at Senses at the Grand Floridian. And the only thing that could pull me away from that den of relaxation was my dinner plans. Luckily, dinner was just a quick monorail ride away.

DSC01881-L.jpg

I had just taken a seat in the lounge when the buzzer went off. I was seated a window table in a room just off the main dining room. My view was breathtaking.

DSC01882-L.jpg

DSC01883-L.jpg

And while the view was good, the food was even better. I ordered the pork belly nigiri and a custom sushi roll with tuna and cucumber.

DSC01885-L.jpg

DSC01884-L.jpg

This was kind of a big deal for me. I’ve always wished I liked sushi. But I was never a fan of seafood. Over the past couple of years, however, I started to try seafood more to see if I could acquire a taste for it. And that included stealing a piece of Franklin’s sushi whenever he ordered it. Low and behold, I learned I actually was starting to like raw tuna. And let me tell you, that tuna roll at California Grill was amazing! I almost finished the whole thing!

I paid the bill and stepped out on the terrace to take in the park view.

DSC01886-L.jpg

DSC01887-L.jpg

But who has time to stand there looking at the park when you could actually go to the park?!?!? I hightailed it over to Magic Kingdom for evening fun. Upon arrival I headed straight for one of my absolute favorite attractions: Haunted Mansion! (Again, these are my terrible photos and not Franklin’s)

DSC01919-L.jpg

DSC01889-L.jpg

DSC01900-L.jpg

DSC01901-L.jpg

I could hear Main Street Electrical Parade heading through Frontierland as I exited the mansion. I figured it was time to find out a spot for Wishes. I had a really early morning planned for the next day so I knew I really didn’t want get caught in a Main Street crush after the fireworks. I decided to try the train station for the first time. But first, I popped into the Confectionary for a very special dessert to take back to the resort with me.

Since I hadn’t staked out a spot very early, I was behind a row of people at the train station, but it was still a good view. Though I think any view of the castle is automatically a good view.

DSC01925-L.jpg

DSC01931-L.jpg

DSC01940-L.jpg

DSC01947-L.jpg

DSC01950-L.jpg

DSC01956-L.jpg

DSC01960-L.jpg

DSC01969-L.jpg

I ducked out just as the Maleficent part started (which is about three-quarters through the show), which allowed me to stroll out of the park without pushing and shoving my way through a crowd. I watched the finale from the bus stop, where a Boardwalk bus was just pulling up. Score! I figured we’d stick around for the fireworks crowds. But after just a few minutes, the driver closed the door and we were off to the resort with just four of us on the bus!

The crazy thing was I got back to my room 35 minutes after Wishes had started. Getting back to the resort at a decent hour meant I could enjoy my favorite dessert while watching the NBA Eastern Conference finals.

DSC01974-L.jpg

DSC01976-L.jpg

I shared my successful end to the evening with Twitter and Instagram:

IMG_20140520_224612-L.jpg

Watched most of Wishes, got to bus stop for finale (as a bus pulled up). Back at BW for dessert & hoops

And then it was time for bed because I had a big, big, BIG morning planned the next day.
You will not believe the pixie dust I have coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter