All You Need is Love: an offsite, non-Disney PTR (counting down to May 2018)

I keep saying I need to try this place! Especially as I love Italian. But now I need to try Toothsome as well

Have you been to Maggiano's before? If you like Italian food, it's also worth a stop ::yes::. Save room for dessert there, though...their apple crostata is to DIE for.

We leave super early tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if we try the cookie dough place. I think some of us are going to try!

Safe travels to you!! And have a fantastic trip!

:sad: I'll be here. Trapped in winter in PA. That Mexico picture is painful to look at. I am calling in sick today because we are getting a storm and I don't feel like fighting ice on the way home. maybe I can get DH to commit to cruise dates today. ;)
I think I could do just an eating tour of Orlando. :laughing: okay a dessert tour of Orlando

That photo of dancin's made me think of Discovery Cove. It's like a picture out of a travel magazine.

Did you have any luck with your DH and cruise dates?!?!?

We got a small storm last night and into this morning (in addition to the one we had on Monday).....and I hear that we're in for a big ol' snowstorm on Friday, too. I'm hoping that Mother Nature is going to get all her fury over with in February and reward us with a warm and sunshiny March. A girl's gotta have hope, right? :flower3:

I'm here in the freezing cold state of Kentucky. Working. To pay for our 2019 trip which I basically already have planned in my head. Hehehe.

You go, girl! :thumbsup2 You thinking January again, or something a little warmer? May I suggest the first week of May? :rolleyes1 ;);)

I’m back from Tampa so I will happily chime in! We had a great weekend away but it was too short. We stayed at a FABULOUS AirBnB beach house on Treasure Island. It was obviously too cold to go in the water, but it was lovely to walk along the beach in the sunshine. We also went to Universal for the day on Sunday and I got my Potter fix. Overall, it was a whirlwind weekend and it made me so desperate for a nice warm loonnnnggg trip. I would just love to plan an onsite Disney trip for our next one as we haven’t stayed onsite in 5 years. But realistically with 5 people we would need two rooms (dd and her boyfriend would take one) and then the cost would get astronomical. It’s just never worth it for me when we can stay at the Vistana or Bonnet Creek and have so much room to spread out.
My parents gave me a VERY generous birthday gift and paid for me to join them and one of my sisters on a cruise this September. It’s a 12 day British Isles cruise ... all expenses paid. I just need to bring spending money. So I do have that to look forward to.
I will start looking into prices and plans for our family to go to Orlando next Dec,Jan, Feb or March.

I’ll stop now since this isn’t MY trip planning report :flower3:. I’m glad you are finally seeing some rate drops!! That always feels like playing the lottery to me . I’m easily amused :crazy:

Welcome back!! Glad you had a great time! What a nice respite for you from drear and chill of the Canadian winter. It must have felt like a southern therapy session!! :laughing:
What an AMAZING birthday gift from your mom and dad :worship:. It will be hard for you to be sad about the end of summer when you have something that epic to look forward to!

I bet you will get better rates for a family trip if you can go early December, mid to late January, or February. March you'll see prices rise as the northern families enjoy their spring breaks. I'm partial to December, but that's my love of Christmas speaking :santa:. I swear I was one of Santa's elves in a former life (perhaps that's why I'm so short? :scratchin :rotfl2:).

Hey Gina! I'm still here. We went to Universal this past weekend and had a fun time! The weather was great for the parks, but not really great for the pool (except maybe for ex-pat Canadians), so we spent a LOT of time in the parks. My daughter finally decided to try roller coasters and was hooked! We had EPs so did Mummy, Hulk, and Rip Ride Rockit many, many times, plus of course the Potter stuff and other miscellaneous rides and shows. We stayed at Royal Pacific, ate at Toothsome and Finnegan's, and hit the outlets on the way home. It was a great last trip on our APs!

I am so glad you had a fun last trip!! I can hardly believe your AP year is over already, though.....time really does fly when you're having fun ::yes::. How awesome (and brave!!) of your daughter to give coasters a try! Talk about ending off with a bang!

We were there on Sunday too ! :) We found the crowds really light. Likely due to so many people staying home to watch the Super Bowl. It’s like a religious holiday down there :rotfl:

OMG, football is SUCH a big deal here in the USA ... I personally find it all a little baffling, but then again I know NOTHING about the game (nor do I care to learn.....give me basketball or hockey any day ;)). At the facility where Steve works, the day after the Superbowl is the biggest call-in day of the year......so much so, that they schedule an extra 6 temporary workers for that day to help pick up the slack. Good timing on your part to be at the theme park when the rest of the state was glued to the TV!! (I bet NBC Sports Grille was PACKED, though!)

Two more sleeps! Starting the vacation at your beloved Days Inn Buffalo

Wahoo! :cool1: Travel safe, and have a fantastic trip!

I am sure the Days Hotel is relieved that I'm gone :rotfl:...... I'm sure they had my face on a poster in their lunch room, with "Beware this Woman" written on the top in black sharpie :rotfl2:. I hope you're stay there is quiet and stress-free!

So......Steve and I have found another restaurant that looks intriguing :blush:. Pretty sure the filters on the boards won't allow me to post the link to the actual restaurant website, so instead I'll post the link to the Best of Orlando awards where we initially found it. It was the winner of the Best Desserts category, so go here:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/best-desserts/BestOf?oid=2518657

and then click on the restaurant website link from the Best of Orlando page, if you want to check it out. From their webpage, if you click on the "more" tab, then "media", they have a good video that's worth a watch.

We are seriously considering a (dietary) splurge night.....though I think we may give Steve's mom a heart attack if we check in from there on Facebook :o :p.

This is when I wish @dancin Disney style wasn't lounging on a Mexican beach. I can only imagine what her input would be :rolleyes1.

Oh my goodness....the names of those desserts, once you get past the name it just gets worse! Hahahaha. I say that is a definite splurge needed after moving. And glad the trip is now just the two of you....

So......Steve and I have found another restaurant that looks intriguing :blush:. Pretty sure the filters on the boards won't allow me to post the link to the actual restaurant website, so instead I'll post the link to the Best of Orlando awards where we initially found it. It was the winner of the Best Desserts category, so go here:

I know exactly what restaurant you're talking about :rotfl: I've looked at it before because a dessert restaurant sounds very interesting.

Good afternoon!!! So no pics of what we did today. The reason being we went zip lining and I had to hang on for my life. I decided that I was doing it no matter how scared I was. Truth was that by the time we climbed to the top I was too tired to even care. Plus, we were able to ride tandem. So we completed a 9 Line course and it was sooooo much fun that we are going again one night before we go home. Afterward we took a cab into town and wandered along the tourist area. It’s very safe but funny that you constantly get harassed by guys trying to sell you stuff by saying that they remembered you from last night at the hotel. They were your waiter, bartender etc.
No pics of the day but here’s another one of the resort. There are so many gorgeous places.
C51047E8-E608-4300-A3B0-3D9272A74E47.jpeg

Good afternoon!!! So no pics of what we did today. The reason being we went zip lining and I had to hang on for my life. I decided that I was doing it no matter how scared I was. Truth was that by the time we climbed to the top I was too tired to even care. Plus, we were able to ride tandem. So we completed a 9 Line course and it was sooooo much fun that we are going again one night before we go home. Afterward we took a cab into town and wandered along the tourist area. It’s very safe but funny that you constantly get harassed by guys trying to sell you stuff by saying that they remembered you from last night at the hotel. They were your waiter, bartender etc.
No pics of the day but here’s another one of the resort. There are so many gorgeous places.
View attachment 300996

Nice picture and zip lining?? Good for you! :cheer2:Every time I think it sounds like a good idea I get terrified!! I can't even bring myself to do the Wild Africa trek at AK !

View attachment 300996
Love ziplining!
We did a several line course at Skamania Lodge in Washington a couple years ago. Hoping to get in the one at Gatorland this summer (kids want to go).
Beautiful resort.

And that restaurant Gina:flower1: deserts!

Hey there. Just popping in with an update that makes me sad to post.

It looks like our house deal is headed straight down the drain, as of today. I am beyond gutted, and our real estate agent is beside herself. We had an issue with the appraisal (the report was received late this morning) and the seller has taken a very silly, and deal-killing, stance. Unless he has a change of heart (which we are not expecting) the offer on that adorable little home will dissolve. I cannot even tell you how heartsick I am this afternoon.

So yeah, I'm a sad cat today :sad1:. I'm going to indulge in a pity party and spare you all my sour mood. I'll be back when I'm ready to be chipper again.

May I say that so far 2018 really stinks?

15-really-really-sad-cats-and-kittens-1-4306-1354768931-1_big.jpg

You go, girl! :thumbsup2 You thinking January again, or something a little warmer? May I suggest the first week of May? :rolleyes1 ;);)

Our dates for 2019 are dependent upon when my cousin sets his wedding date. They live in Miami, so we will do the wedding first and then drive back up to Orlando. All I know right now is Spring, 2019. That could seriously mean anything.

It looks like our house deal is headed straight down the drain, as of today. I am beyond gutted, and our real estate agent is beside herself. We had an issue with the appraisal (the report was received late this morning) and the seller has taken a very silly, and deal-killing, stance. Unless he has a change of heart (which we are not expecting) the offer on that adorable little home will dissolve. I cannot even tell you how heartsick I am this afternoon.

So yeah, I'm a sad cat today :sad1:. I'm going to indulge in a pity party and spare you all my sour mood. I'll be back when I'm ready to be chipper again.

Oh no. I'm so sorry Gina. :sad::sad: Happy thoughts for you that you'll find another home that is even more adorable and with a less prickly seller.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the house, that's so disappointing. Definitely sounds like it's been a tough year for you so far. I hope things start to turn around soon and that you'll find a house that's even more perfect for you.

So sorry to hear this Gina. We had a home deal fall apart many years ago and later realized it was for the best. The seller drew a ridiculous line in the sand, we walked away and went in a completely different direction, and his realtor ended up contacting us about four months later to let us know he'd agree to our terms. By then we'd already found the house of our dreams. Keep the faith. Maybe this wasn't meant to be, as disappointing as that is right now.

Last edited:
That is so disappointing but it's good the appraisal showed something instead of you being stuck with huge bills later on.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/best-desserts/BestOf?oid=2518657

and then click on the restaurant website link from the Best of Orlando page, if you want to check it out. From their webpage, if you click on the "more" tab, then "media", they have a good video that's worth a watch.

We are seriously considering a (dietary) splurge night.....though I think we may give Steve's mom a heart attack if we check in from there on Facebook :o :p.

This is when I wish @dancin Disney style wasn't lounging on a Mexican beach. I can only imagine what her input would be :rolleyes1.
Wonder if they have Sex in a Pan? Who’s had that? Raise your hand.

So sorry to hear about the deal falling through. I too have had this happen on a house only four blocks away from my current home. You have no idea how much happier I am with my current home than the one that fell through; think about this every time I walk past it on our weekend excursions. I know you are believer in Karma. She's just telling you that you are ready - now go out and find the really RIGHT place for you.

And I have to ask where you find these amazing kitty pictures? As a cat person, I am in love with all of them, but I am generally too busy watching funny cat videos on YouTube to go looking for something like this. That is the most bummed out kitty I have ever seen!

Sorry to hear you had more bad news. It is hard when your plans end up turned upside down and heading in the wrong direction. Hope you find somewhere else and get settled soon!

Wonder if they have Sex in a Pan? Who’s had that? Raise your hand.

Would love to hear about this- is it a food or drink??? I think Gina needs a few of these after her bad news!

And I have to ask where you find these amazing kitty pictures? As a cat person, I am in love with all of them, but I am generally too busy watching funny cat videos on YouTube to go looking for something like this. That is the most bummed out kitty I have ever seen!

I love the cat pictures you post, too!! Yes, please share where I can find them.

Keep strong, Gina! I know it's been a bad few months, but it will get better. I think late 2016-early 2017 was one of those times for me. We lost both my father-in-law and dad and then had to try to help my mom get her life back together after it fell to pieces! With the help of family and friends we struggled through and we're here!! I do have to say it's brought our family closer as we had to lean on each other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter