All Ticket Prices Went Up Overnight (02/23/2014)

Thanks I was wondering if UT was honoring the old price....have bought from them for years....12 of us.....they are great...

Man, am I ever glad I bought our tickets for our Nov/Dec 14 trip that will be turned into APs before the price increase last May! I paid ~560 for an adult 8 day NE PH WPF&M pass, looks like it is now worth 734!

What companies give notice that they are raising prices? I have never seen Kohls or Walmart give notice that they are raising prices.

Had to move up my plans a few months as well and bought my tickets early off UT today at the Old Price!

What companies give notice that they are raising prices? I have never seen Kohls or Walmart give notice that they are raising prices.

Fair enough. It's not the lack of notice that bothers me to be honest. It's looking at the fact that a family of four can't go to MK for the day for under $400 dollars, and if they are going to eat there, it's going to be closer to a $500 dollar day. That's hard to swallow. Add in the rest of the sweeping changes, which I personally believe to be an overall downgrade to the experience that we had on our previous 10 trips, and the fact that I get to pay more to be in their testing phase which trust me, is not without major headaches and frustrations (have planned and gone on 2 trips in the "testing phase") ..and I am just over it.

Thanks for the tips on Undercover Tourist. We're not going until next year but I figured I'd best lock in the tickets now before it goes up again.

I'm hoping to convince DH to go ahead and buy tickets before UT runs out. we don't have a trip planned, so that might be a hard sell. :(

I say we let Robert Iger know how we feel about how this went down.

do you really imagine that he'll read every email? :rotfl2:

if you want to let disney know their prices are too high, quit going. quit spending money on their movies and going to their theme parks. find other things to do...

Agreed. I understand that prices keep going up on everything but Disney seems to be the king in raising ticket prices. This time without warning seems very cheeky.

We have been looking at other options for a bit now and finding new fun places to go. Of course we always will love the mouse but for now, our money is going elsewhere.

How was your trip to Egypt?

Disney doesn't have to tell anyone they are raising their prices. They know people will continue to spend money at their park. We have only been once and that was in 06. Can not even justify the prices now. It is out of the ball park for us. We will stick to what we can afford close to home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter