All Things Youth Activities

Eloiseontheseas

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
I have returned to DCL following a hiatus and work as a Youth Activities Counselor. There does not seem to be a lot of current info out there about Youth Activities, so this is the place to discuss. Happy Cruising!

Hi All,
I have returned to DCL following a hiatus and work as a Youth Activities Counselor. There does not seem to be a lot of current info out there about Youth Activities, so this is the place to discuss. Happy Cruising!
Actually, @KT2038 has been responding to questions for quite some time now. If you do a search for her posts you'll find lots.

I don't know what happened to her big threads, but there's lots of specific info threads around.

Welcome, what ship are you on?
Do you happen to know if character meet and greets/hugging and autographs are back? Thank you in advance!

Are counselors helping with masking, or giving any assistance to 3-4 year (unvaccinated) olds in the club (or are there changes)?

Are counselors helping with masking, or giving any assistance to 3-4 year (unvaccinated) olds in the club (or are there changes)?
Do you mean helping them put them on? Or other kind of assistance?
In regards to masks, No we don’t touch kids masks. We will remind them to put them on, but not physically do it for them.

What activities are currently available? It doesn’t look like many are published on the Navigator app. Are there still regular activities and is there a way to see the schedule once we are on the ship? Thanks!

Yes the Nursery is finally open! I am sure things will change and evolve with the Nursery over the next several weeks just as they did with the other youth activities spaces. Post questions if you have any!
Now thats its finally open, can you tell us whats different or the same from before the shutdown?

Sorry if this is awkward but do you have any suggestions on what to do/not do in terms of thanking the counselors at the end of the cruise? I've heard cash tips are a no go for kids club staff but on our last cruise the counselors were really great so I'd like to be prepared for our upcoming cruise, assuming they will be equally awesome.

Yes the Nursery is finally open! I am sure things will change and evolve with the Nursery over the next several weeks just as they did with the other youth activities spaces. Post questions if you have any!
I am really excited about the nursery. We are traveling on June 11 on the Dream where my son will be 2 weeks shy of turning 3. Will he be bored in the nursery? How is booking going in terms of how and the demand? Just want to make sure it is a great experience for him as well! We are first time DCL cruisers here so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter