All Things Galveston (Updated - 5/21/14)

We are flying in day of the cruise, do you think we will have issues from Hobby to Galveston on a Saturday at 1045am?

We are flying in day of the cruise, do you think we will have issues from Hobby to Galveston on a Saturday at 1045am?

Same here, but arriving at Bush at 10:15AM. We're using DCL transfers, so hopefully that will help with any issues we might have.

Does anyone know of a Galveston hotel that allows you to leave your car there while you're on the cruise?

Does anyone know of a Galveston hotel that allows you to leave your car there while you're on the cruise?

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.galveston.com/parkandcruise/

And I don't see them listed at the above page, but I know that Inn at the Waterpark has a cruiser package that includes parking, a shuttle to/from the cruise terminal, and a 20% discount off the standard rate. And kids love the miniature golf there. :)

Hope this helps!

We just booked at the Towneplace Suites Galveston Island Gulf Front and they offer free shuttle service to and from port as well as free parking for your cruise. The rates are actually really good and they just opened this past Spring. Their pool looks really nice as well.

FYI-La Quinta West offers shuttle service but you will pay $25 per vehicle (up to 4 people) extra on top of your hotel room cost.

We just booked at the Towneplace Suites Galveston Island Gulf Front and they offer free shuttle service to and from port as well as free parking for your cruise. The rates are actually really good and they just opened this past Spring. Their pool looks really nice as well.

This is the hotel that we ultimately decided on as well ~ we booked a King Studio & a 2-bdrm Suite! :) I spent several days looking at websites, comparing rates, looking at parking & shuttle options and this hotel was the winner. It looks very nice!!!

kjackson83 - When is your cruise? Ours is November 30th. If cruise before us, could you please report back on how your experience was including the shuttle and parking. We would really appreciate it!!! :worship:

Any reviews of the Hotel Galvez Shuttle. Hotel looks awesome, just wondering how well their shuttle service works. Thanks.

Any idea on best western plus seawall inn and suites by the beach in galveston anyone stayed there

Any idea on best western plus seawall inn and suites by the beach in galveston anyone stayed there

Any reviews of the Hotel Galvez Shuttle. Hotel looks awesome, just wondering how well their shuttle service works. Thanks.

We have stayed there for a previous cruise and it was pretty decent. If you can get there early on your check in date you will likely be able to get on one of the first shuttles. The only issues we had with their shuttle service was when we debarked as we waited to get off with our group instead of doing the self-assist debarkation. If you can do this I highly recommend it as you will be one of the first off and likely get on the first shuttle back to the hotel.

If you aren't in a big rush getting off the ship, no worries about it then as they have them constantly running.

Not sure if you can help but we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at IAh airport due to taking Disney transport on Nov 2 cruise. Does anyone know anyplace close to the hotel to eat dinner? We don't have a car but I'm hoping the hotel shuttle can drop us if its close.

Thought I'd give the scoop on our recent hotel stay at Harbor House on Sept 27th for our Wonder cruise. You pay $10 parking for the one night, but since they are a sister hotel to Hotel Galvez, you can park your car there free for the week.

We liked the hotel, which had a view, and we watched the Wonder come in. The rooms were adequate and clean, but must have thin walls because we heard everything! The continental breakfast was fine for us consisting of instant Kashi oatmeal, a tray of danishes, and a tray of breads to toast, orange juice, apple juice, water, tea and coffee. And apples, oranges, and bananas.

The only 'down' side to this hotel was that when we arrived, I asked how the shuttle worked. She explained that she'd have to call Hotel Galvez and see what time I could board their shuttle for the port after taking my car over there on Saturday morning. The earliest time she had was 12:30 pm! :eek: I told her my PAT time was 11am, and she said that was the best she could do. I asked her if this shuttle time was something I should have booked months ago, and she said "No, I have to call them". So, in lieu of taking their shuttle, we were going to drop off part of our family at the port with all the luggage, and one of us take the car to Hotel Galvez and then take a taxi over to the port. However, one of our wonderful Dis'ers (ukintheus), who we met at the hotel, came over and offered to shuttle us back to the port from the hotel. What a blessing! So, a heads up for those future cruisers staying at HH. Know before you go, that parking is free, but their shuttle is at their time, not yours. :thumbsup2

This is the hotel that we ultimately decided on as well ~ we booked a King Studio & a 2-bdrm Suite! :) I spent several days looking at websites, comparing rates, looking at parking & shuttle options and this hotel was the winner. It looks very nice!!!

kjackson83 - When is your cruise? Ours is November 30th. If cruise before us, could you please report back on how your experience was including the shuttle and parking. We would really appreciate it!!! :worship:

We also booked the 2 bedroom suite and our cruise is Nov 9th so I will let you know how it goes :) I called the front desk to ask about the shuttle service and they said the shuttle guy arrives early morning (7:45am ish) and can take us to port anytime we need to go!

Thought I'd give the scoop on our recent hotel stay at Harbor House on Sept 27th for our Wonder cruise. You pay $10 parking for the one night, but since they are a sister hotel to Hotel Galvez, you can park your car there free for the week.

We liked the hotel, which had a view, and we watched the Wonder come in. The rooms were adequate and clean, but must have thin walls because we heard everything! The continental breakfast was fine for us consisting of instant Kashi oatmeal, a tray of danishes, and a tray of breads to toast, orange juice, apple juice, water, tea and coffee. And apples, oranges, and bananas.

The only 'down' side to this hotel was that when we arrived, I asked how the shuttle worked. She explained that she'd have to call Hotel Galvez and see what time I could board their shuttle for the port after taking my car over there on Saturday morning. The earliest time she had was 12:30 pm! :eek: I told her my PAT time was 11am, and she said that was the best she could do. I asked her if this shuttle time was something I should have booked months ago, and she said "No, I have to call them". So, in lieu of taking their shuttle, we were going to drop off part of our family at the port with all the luggage, and one of us take the car to Hotel Galvez and then take a taxi over to the port. However, one of our wonderful Dis'ers (ukintheus), who we met at the hotel, came over and offered to shuttle us back to the port from the hotel. What a blessing! So, a heads up for those future cruisers staying at HH. Know before you go, that parking is free, but their shuttle is at their time, not yours. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! We're staying at Harbor House in Nov. I know the hotel is close to the port. Is it within walking distance? If you don't have a car to park, how do you get to the Hotel Galvez to get the shuttle?

I'm hoping someone can help. This is our first Disney cruise out of Galveston (our previous Disney cruises were out of Port Canaveral). We have booked the Disney ground transportation. Can anyone tell me where the meeting point is (which terminal) for the Disney ground transportation, and what time they start running?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter