All Stars Music Resort Review.. March 12th thru the 15th

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
This this trip was my Sweet Grandson he is 9, and myself ummm not telling my age... lol - We were on one of our adventures and boy did we have a wonderful time... really really fun...

First of all let me say this is a cute cute resort. I'm going to break it down in categories instead of the daily diary.

Arrival/Check-in - I wanted to talk about navigation to the resort my Nav system in my truck kept changing from W to E and back again.. just keep following the map itself. There was quite a long like at the security gate, so have you Id ready when its your turn and listen to the guard on where to go. Allstar Music is the second resort.

Parking was easy and well signed on where to go. Just follow it around it will be on your left. Do be careful as there is a main parking lot just off to the right of the main entrance drive, this parking lot is shared between Allstars Music and Sports.

Once we parked and headed towards check the main lobby we saw the bus stops they are located right out of the front entrance to the main lobby. Once inside it was super cute. We did make a quick stop at the restroom which was very clean and well stocked.

We were greeted by a cast member and started check in, She was lovely and very nice.
I do want to talk about one issue I paid for a preferred room which is in the Calypso buildings... Originally she had set us up for a different section and room way in the back next to the piano pool. I did let her know that I paid for a preferred room in the Calypso Buildings, which she well kinda seemed shocked that I knew where the room should be located, after speaking to someone in the back she came out and put us in the Calypso building, I did not have a preference where just I knew that I wanted to be close to the lobby, food court and most of all a short walk at night to our home away from home. She said it was a parking lot facing room which was fine...Instead .... We somehow scored a 1st floor and facing the pool and a corner room as well... Yay...

The room itself was just adorable... very clean, my grandson loved it... it was kinda cute when he said where my bed?, so after a few customary photos, to lower the Murphy bed and he just thought that was so cool.. I found the room to very well laid out. Lots on space to put stuff and easy to keep things organized. Both beds were very comfortable, lots of hot water which is necessary for this Mimi to get up and get going everyday. We spent some time checking out the resort walking around playing connect 4 pool side. I will say there were lots of people in the pool. Then we decided to grab some dinner and call it a day. It was 6:30 by this time.

Food Court - I wanted to mention that there are toasters, and microwaves available for use... Which we did use. I brought mac and cheese cups, which I will say got alot of attention. Several people commented on what a smart idea... I knew that my grandson would not eat the mac and cheese that Disney offers... Now that's not the only thing he ate, he did eat some of the options that the different bays had to offer. I also wanted to mention that you can just get sides such as plain white rice, mashed potatoes, or just a chicken leg... you don't have to order the whole meal. You can get a whole pizza... which I will say was very popular.

I'm going to stop for now and will pick up later on. If you have question please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the review!

Just a note - there are 2 sections that are Preferred. Calypso AND Jazz. Family Suites are only in Calypso, but a regular Preferred Room could be in either of those two sections.

This this trip was my Sweet Grandson he is 9, and myself ummm not telling my age... lol - We were on one of our adventures and boy did we have a wonderful time... really really fun...

First of all let me say this is a cute cute resort. I'm going to break it down in categories instead of the daily diary.

Arrival/Check-in - I wanted to talk about navigation to the resort my Nav system in my truck kept changing from W to E and back again.. just keep following the map itself. There was quite a long like at the security gate, so have you Id ready when its your turn and listen to the guard on where to go. Allstar Music is the second resort.

Parking was easy and well signed on where to go. Just follow it around it will be on your left. Do be careful as there is a main parking lot just off to the right of the main entrance drive, this parking lot is shared between Allstars Music and Sports.

Once we parked and headed towards check the main lobby we saw the bus stops they are located right out of the front entrance to the main lobby. Once inside it was super cute. We did make a quick stop at the restroom which was very clean and well stocked.

We were greeted by a cast member and started check in, She was lovely and very nice.
I do want to talk about one issue I paid for a preferred room which is in the Calypso buildings... Originally she had set us up for a different section and room way in the back next to the piano pool. I did let her know that I paid for a preferred room in the Calypso Buildings, which she well kinda seemed shocked that I knew where the room should be located, after speaking to someone in the back she came out and put us in the Calypso building, I did not have a preference where just I knew that I wanted to be close to the lobby, food court and most of all a short walk at night to our home away from home. She said it was a parking lot facing room which was fine...Instead .... We somehow scored a 1st floor and facing the pool and a corner room as well... Yay...

The room itself was just adorable... very clean, my grandson loved it... it was kinda cute when he said where my bed?, so after a few customary photos, to lower the Murphy bed and he just thought that was so cool.. I found the room to very well laid out. Lots on space to put stuff and easy to keep things organized. Both beds were very comfortable, lots of hot water which is necessary for this Mimi to get up and get going everyday. We spent some time checking out the resort walking around playing connect 4 pool side. I will say there were lots of people in the pool. Then we decided to grab some dinner and call it a day. It was 6:30 by this time.

Food Court - I wanted to mention that there are toasters, and microwaves available for use... Which we did use. I brought mac and cheese cups, which I will say got alot of attention. Several people commented on what a smart idea... I knew that my grandson would not eat the mac and cheese that Disney offers... Now that's not the only thing he ate, he did eat some of the options that the different bays had to offer. I also wanted to mention that you can just get sides such as plain white rice, mashed potatoes, or just a chicken leg... you don't have to order the whole meal. You can get a whole pizza... which I will say was very popular.

I'm going to stop for now and will pick up later on. If you have question please feel free to ask.
Were both pools super busy when you were there? That is my only concern about the All Stars, since they do not have quiet pools. My DD does not do well in super crowded pools-gets overwhelmed. Thank you!

Thanks for the review!

Just a note - there are 2 sections that are Preferred. Calypso AND Jazz. Family Suites are only in Calypso, but a regular Preferred Room could be in either of those two sections.
We stayed in a family suite in Jazz two weeks ago so you are incorrect.

We stayed in a family suite in Jazz two weeks ago so you are incorrect.
Interesting. I'd always heard that they were only in Calypso.

But I'm not incorrect about Jazz being a Preferred section as well as Calypso. If you book preferred you can be placed in Calypso or Jazz. You can request but cannot reserve Calypso.

Were both pools super busy when you were there? That is my only concern about the All Stars, since they do not have quiet pools. My DD does not do well in super crowded pools-gets overwhelmed. Thank you!
Each All-Star has a large "feature" Pool by the Lobby/Food Court buildings and these Pools are also where the Activities take place.

The smaller "secondary" Pools are "deeper' in the Resorts and "generally" much less crowded UNLESS Cheerleaders,etc. are in town then all bets are off.

Between the 3 "secondary" Pools-Grand Slam at Sports/Piano at Music/Duck Pond at Movies,1 or more of them will most likely be uncrowded at any given time.

The piano pool was more of what I would consider a quiet pool.. the main pool had a lot of activities going on. They both had people but not what I would consider overly crowded. Both areas are super cute.. and an easy walk between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter