• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Stars Movies or Coronado Spring with 2 yr old

CHunterK

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
I'm going to take my daughter to Disney mid May. I have All Star Movies book @ $130/night. I thought she might like the theme with the oversized icons. Also it seems to have a standard food court with items a 2 yr old would eat. However I was able to secure a room at Coronado Springs for only $50/night more. If I was booking for myself I'd move over to Coronado Springs. However it seems more adult than the All Stars and most of the rooms aren't refurbished yet. Most of the times we will be in the park anyway and I have a car. Not sure which one is better for this situation.

If I were you with a 2 year old, I would pick ASMovies since it's a savings, even if it's only $50 more/night it all adds up. Plus it's definitely more young child friendly/appealing. My girls at that age enjoyed the AS, AoA and POP a lot. IMO a 2 yo will much more enjoy the theming of the All Stars over CS. Plus the splash area and pool is likely more age appropriate too.

I've not traveled with a 2 year old, but I'm envisioning the need to go back to the resort for naps, possibly some late starts/early evenings, and maybe a day of down time so the 2 year old doesn't get worn out. If any of that is true, then you may have more resort time than you might be planning. For that reason, I would choose Coronado Springs. It's also more centrally located for slightly faster bus rides.

I really enjoy CSR.

The location is great. The bus transportation is so simple and fast. It would make coming back and forth for daily breaks easy. The pool is amazing, but there is no zero entry. There is a children's pool and playground.

All Star Movies is really fun for little ones and adults alike. It is very heavily Disney themed with many bright colors and large Disney movie characters around the resort. It is a very kid friendly resort and for the $50 savings from Coronado, it would be a great choice for you and your little one.

Chances are your little one isn't really going to care where you stay, WDW is sensory overload and she will enjoy just about anywhere. If it were me I'd say CS but I'm not a fan of the value resorts. If the extra $50 per night is not a burden, go CS, if you aren't going to spend a lot of time at the resort and that $50 per night might be a stretch go with All Stars.

CSR is our favourite moderate and POP our favourite value, we have only been to movies once and enjoyed it. As great as CSR is if your going to Disney to give your child the most Disney themed vacation then I’d stick with movies. CSR is also huge since you have a car it wouldn’t be so bad but you could be driving just to grab lunch etc where movies is less spaced out much easier to make the quick walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter