• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Suites now taking ressies after 6/4

I just called this morning to my AAA agent to check on the suites to make sure my price was right for the suite I booked in July, and she said no AAA discounts on the suites. She said there generally aren't discounts on the suites or concierge(SP?) at dis, because they are limited rooms. My rate for reg season was 209 + tax. Just trying it once when they are new. Oh well.

From Mousesavers.com

192 "family suite" units will soon open at Disney's All-Star Music Resort.

52 suites will be available in the Jazz building beginning June 4, 2006 and another 140 will open in the Calypso and Jazz buildings by this fall.

These 520 square foot suites sleep up to 6 (plus one child under 3 in a crib).

They include all new furniture, two full baths and a kitchenette with microwave, 4.3 cubic feet cube refrigerator, sink, coffee pot and limited cabinet space.

The main bedroom in the new family suites has a queen bed and 27" flat screen TV.

The second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman, plus a second 27" flat screen TV.

The units are all non-smoking and have high-speed Internet access (daily fee).

"Rack rates" (full price) for the family suites are $169 value season, $209 regular, $239 peak, $259 holiday.

pooh2001 said:
The suite is great for large families with young children - to be close - only one door leading outside - snacks from the kitchen on-demand.

Again - as previous poster said - your choice - 2 rooms or a suite

I did recommend it to our friends - family of 6 - kids range from 9 years old to 3 years old.
Plus the suite is less than they were paying at the WL for the larger WL room.
And the kids all would love the large icons and the themed pool (even without a slide) :thumbsup2
But the door is in the kids room, so that maybe a concern for some parents.

mickeyfan2 said:
But the door is in the kids room, so that maybe a concern for some parents.

ya know, I didn't realize that until you said it. Hmmmmm, I don't know how I would feel about that. I mean, I wouldn't prefer it, but I'm not sure I would let that stop me from staying there. But I don't know......

I guess that's the price of not having two "true" bedrooms.

Thanks for all the great positive posts. How come every time something new comes out that Disney offers people have to share their negative sides with us. If you don't like the thought of staying at one of these suites because of being a "germ phobic" or thinking about food being stuck in the couches, chairs, whatever then don't stay there. Stop and think about the objects that are in the more expensive deluxe suites and realize that they are probably just as dirty as the rest with food stuck in them as well. I would love to check out one of these suites on next year's trip.

lustergirl said:
Thanks for all the great positive posts. How come every time something new comes out that Disney offers people have to share their negative sides with us. If you don't like the thought of staying at one of these suites because of being a "germ phobic" or thinking about food being stuck in the couches, chairs, whatever then don't stay there. Stop and think about the objects that are in the more expensive deluxe suites and realize that they are probably just as dirty as the rest with food stuck in them as well. I would love to check out one of these suites on next year's trip.

Well, :) I do believe that anyone can express their opinions on this board as long as they stick to the board guidelines. And if they don't :stir: , the Mods will be there to keep things under control. :darth:

I've been around these boards a long time. I've had to let some threads "roll off my back", so to speak. Some opinions on this board you are never going to like and you don't want to hear them, but we are all entitled to them.

That said, in my post I was just saying that I am glad they are there now, but I'm not sure I would be able to afford them considering other options I have offsite. I didn't mean to offend or be "negative". I'm sorry if I came off that way. :wave2:

I called directly to Disney reservations and asked for a AAA discount and they said for 10 nights Dec. 13-23 it would be $1090.

Mom of Sleepy said:
Well, :) I do believe that anyone can express their opinions on this board as long as they stick to the board guidelines. And if they don't :stir: , the Mods will be there to keep things under control. :darth:

I've been around these boards a long time. I've had to let some threads "roll off my back", so to speak. Some opinions on this board you are never going to like and you don't want to hear them, but we are all entitled to them.

That said, in my post I was just saying that I am glad they are there now, but I'm not sure I would be able to afford them considering other options I have offsite. I didn't mean to offend or be "negative". I'm sorry if I came off that way. :wave2:

No offense to you mom of sleepy!!!!!!! You are right, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I should've kept my mouth shut.. er.. fingers still?

I guess I was hoping for someone to say oooh no they're immaculate we've stayed at a place like this and no worries.. lol. I'm taking my family (4 adults and a child...) to disney in 2 years and trying to figure out how (sis and bro in law and niece and mom and myself...)

Again I really didn't mean to be such a downer. I'm sorry.

Heather Mason said:
I called directly to Disney reservations and asked for a AAA discount and they said for 10 nights Dec. 13-23 it would be $1090.

Please don't get upset with me. I hope that your info is right. However CRO has made mistakes in the past and it would be better to see now that have to pay $$$ when you check in. ;)
You might want to call back or wait for your confirmation and check and make sure they have everything correct. We have a resssie for 4 nights and it breaks down to 292.67 with tax. Now Holiday season stars Dec. 20 for value resorts. As far as my research on these boards goes there are now discount for these rooms because they are considered suites.

Here is some pixie dust. :wizard:

Heather Mason said:

I agree you need to check this. Either call or really check your paperwork. Remember these are new. This comes out to $109 per night which sounds alot like it could be right for a regular all star room considering the holiday. I hope you are right. If you got a suite for the holidays for an average of $109 per night that is really awesome!

These sound like a great option for families. :sunny: My family stayed in a FW cabin last year because the five of us would have needed two rooms in ASM and for the extra money thought a kitchen was in order. Even though it is small and limited to microwave and fridge I think these are a great way to offer larger families some extra comforts while allowing them to stay at ASM. princess:

We are considering this for August.

If we stay here, I will simply call mousekeeping, and ask for some extra sheets. I can use those to cover the cushions and inner arms of the convertible chairs.

:wizard: Freshly made beds! :wizard:

rgribik said:
:cool1: My family just booked a suite for the end of July. We only did it because next year we will have to go back to 2 connecting rooms(we are a family of 7, and the twins will not be infants after September). I agree that the beds are a better idea than pull-out chairs and a sofa, but the rooms will only have been in use for about 6 weeks when we go, so it isn't too often you get a fresh new room at Dis. :woohoo: The rate wasn't great---$209 + all that tax, but we are only staying 4 days this time, and like I said, my dh wants to stay in a brand new room once. Maybe I'll even let the kids sit on the floor!!! :rotfl: I'll let everyone know how it goes!! Can't wait to be in Dis where ever we stay!!

I just booked for the end of July too. Took me three days to get it. I orignally book a cabin at Fort Wilderness but also liked the idea of staying in something 'new'. Maybe I'll see you there. :)

I've booked for December and can't wait to stay in a suite, and at that price. We just stayed at the Contemporary and I priced the same trip I booked at ASMu and at the Contemporary and it will be about $1000 cheaper to stay at ASMu, and to have all the space of a suite. And honestly it never occurred to me to be grossed out by the thought of opening up a sleeper. We've stayed at lots of other hotels where my son has slept on a sleeper (he sleeps on one when he stays at his grandparents so it's not big deal to him) and they've always had clean sheets already on them.

rileyroosmom said:
The thing I don't like about the suites is the pull out sofas and chairs. I'd much perfer two double beds. Anyone ever sleep on a pullout sofa? Not too comfy! Can't imagine how gross they will be in a year. A chair that tons of kids have jumped on and spilled juice on and had food on, now opens up to a bed, the matress will be totally shot, and the "arm" of the chair is where your face would be, looking at juice and food.
I'd rather get 2 rooms.
I wonder if these pullout chairs/beds will have some sort of waterproof "mattress pad" on them? Clean sheets are great, but kids will have accidents.... sorry, but I don't like the thought of my kids sleeping on these types of "beds" - you never know the "history of the chair" - I guess theoretically they could replace the chairs every few months, but I seriously doubt "mousekeeping" will clean each chair with "Resolve" after every stay. sorry, but it's too gross for me...

LSUmom4kids said:
I wonder if these pullout chairs/beds will have some sort of waterproof "mattress pad" on them? Clean sheets are great, but kids will have accidents.... sorry, but I don't like the thought of my kids sleeping on these types of "beds" - you never know the "history of the chair" - I guess theoretically they could replace the chairs every few months, but I seriously doubt "mousekeeping" will clean each chair with "Resolve" after every stay. sorry, but it's too gross for me...
I don't remember there being waterproof mattress pads on the beds and kids have accidents there too. I guess that both are cleaned the same way.

mickeyfan2 said:
I don't remember there being waterproof mattress pads on the beds and kids have accidents there too. I guess that both are cleaned the same way.

Why would hotels NOT put mattress pads on the beds? I personally have never changed the sheets or looked under my hotel sheets, but you would think it would be a small price to pay for keeping a mattress clean. Especially if the mattress covers are washable.

Maybe a cheap hotel/motel may not choose to make the investment, but a Disney or upscale hotel? I know they probably get a large discount for purchasing mass quantities of mattresses, but I don't think they would purposely NOT put a mattress mad on them... especially with Disney's image of cleanliness!

Just my two cents... :rolleyes:

LSUmom4kids said:
Why would hotels NOT put mattress pads on the beds?
You said waterproof mattress pads not mattress pads. If they put a mattess pad on the fold out bed how is that inferior to what they do to the bed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter