All Star Sports

We just returned on 4/26 from a 3 night stay. We have stayed at (and loved POP) several times. For some reason Sports was cheaper than Music or Movies. Would we stay here again? Nope.

The room was clean, but it was pretty confusing on getting to the food court. We were in Building 5, Room 5208 which is kind of the backside of the building. We did have a room that faced the courtyard and it was neat to see the different teams practicing in the courtyard, but it was hard to get to the main building. It was actually easier (almost a straight away walk) to get to the Music.

In walking to Music we noticed how much nicer it seemed. the pool seemed larger, and had water shooting from the middle. the food courts had near identical offerings. Strangely Music did not have a breakfast sandwich, but Sports did.

We shared a bus with Music 1-2 times and with all Music and Movies 1-2 times. However, the wait times for buses was crazy. Every time we waited for a bus it was at least 20+ minutes.

Our kids liked Sport so much they specifically requested that we stay there again on our upcoming trip! We spent 6 days there in May 2015, paid for a standard room and at check-in they made some magic happen and gave us a preferred room in Surf's Up!

We never had issues hearing our neighbors through the wall. We were right by the main pool and it was noisy one night when they had music playing and stuff but it always shut down around 9 and that was only one night.

The food court was great and it never seemed to crowded, we were always able to find a table easily without waiting.

We found the beds to be comfortable also.

We never shared a bus with any of the other All-Star resorts and the grounds were kept up extremely well.

I did find the food court at Pop quite crowded a few times when we were there (still loved it), but there was never anyone at Sports hardly in the food court this spring break. Then, last day, I walked by in the morning (we were so lazy that trip and never got out of the room before lunchtime), and it was crowded! That's the only time I saw it crowded, though, at all.

Beds also comfortable to us.

The best Standard Building is Home Run Hotel/Building 9-from there Guests can walk along the "back" of Touchdown!/Building 10 directly to the Bus Stops and the "side door" to Sport Goofy-very short walk.:)

I agree with this - we faced the pool on 3rd floor building closer to bus stops. Cutting around was the ticket and the SUV was right out there.

I have stayed at all the AllStars.

Have stayed at Sports many times, and I was never excited to stay there.
I ended up really liking it for many reasons even if the theme didn't grab me.
Have stayed 5-6 times in last few years and wouldn't hesitate to return.

- SMALL footprint, no walk is far and easy to navigate.
- I have stayed in Baseball, Tennis, Basketball and Surfs Up.
- Surprisingly quiet - although we avoid the football area.
- Rooms very fresh and Mousekeeping always good.
- If buses do share, we were first on and first dropped off.
- Food court only a few years old, in great shape, lots of seating for the resort.
- Decent menu.
- I think the main pool is the best of the Allstars theme wise.
- Sports has the smallest footprint of the Allstars with shortest walks (Music is longest).
- Movies Mighty Ducks is close to Music but I see no advantages for Sports.
- Last trip I booked Standard and only request was Close to Transportation, got back of Surf's Up building. Was great.

Yes, you can walk to the others but honestly I see no reason to. AND while Sports & Music are side by side you have to walk through parking lot unless you go way out front and walk on the sidewalk. No building at sports is closer to Music's hub than their own hub. Baseball's 8 and 9 are the closest but still closer to the Sports hub.

Stars are main hub with Food Court, Buses etc.
4da5d12f-6e21-4fdf-9df3-199b00342db8.png

Does anyone know if the laundry at Sports has certain hours, or is it open 24/7?

We have stayed at Sports once before.....also stayed at Music and Movies. We have enjoyed them all!! They aren't the Ritz, but we are able to keep with the Disney feel all through our trip and not spend a fortune on the rooms.
The laundry is open 24/7 and requires resort key/keyed MB for access

Staying at All Star Sports for the first time this summer. I've heard really bad things but its what we can afford (we would rather be sure we have money to spend dining). Is it really that bad? I read its first on the all star bus route which is nice. Also, do you have any recommendations on what to put for our room requests? I know we cant have surfs up because we booked standard not preferred but are some buildings nicer or super close to transportation compared to others?

ASSp is a great value resort - arguably the best of the three AS resorts! It has a nice compact layout of rooms and either has a dedicated bus or is the first on/first off stop.

My two requests are typically: as close as possible to the food court/transportation and facing away from the pool. If you have a preference for ground floor or top floor (third), you might want to add that. My Mom likes the top floor so there is no one above her flushing toilets or running overhead.

The rooms are small with two double (full) beds, a small table, two chairs, bedside table, dresser with TV, bathroom with tub/shower combo and toilet, bathroom vanity/sink outside by clothes 'closet'. There is a small wall safe. The rooms open onto an exterior walkway 'motel style'. Housekeeping is good and the rooms that we have had have always been perfectly clean and well maintained. We have never had a problem with noise, but we usually go when it is 'slow' - if there is such a time anymore. If you are concerned about noise, you can ask for a room facing away from the pool. We find all the rooms to be pretty conveniently located at this resort. Inside, all the rooms are identical.

Pools are nice but do not have slides. All transportation is via bus. Buses have roped off queues that are not sheltered from the elements.
We have found the buses to be as quick or quicker than the transportation from most other resorts.

The theming is well done, but simple. The food court serves good food with ample seating.

Overall, we enjoy staying in value resorts. They are aptly named, IMO, as they really do give an excellent value for staying onsite. I cannot imagine why anyone would say 'really bad things' about ASSp. It is a bit expensive for what it is, but it is a part of WDW, so that is a given. The resort works well for us and we have stayed everywhere from standard at ASMu to GF RPC CL.

I would just go and enjoy staying in the magic of WDW!
However, it is nice to know that if you do happen to have an issue with staying at ASSp (which I doubt you will), Disney is excellent at working to make it right. We've never had a problem that wasn't quickly addressed.

Enjoy your stay at ASSp!!!!

We are staying at Sports for the first time in Dec. I was a a little scared because I really don't like sports but after reading these reports I'm really excited.

We are staying at Sports for the first time in Dec. I was a a little scared because I really don't like sports but after reading these reports I'm really excited.

I'm not a huge sports fan either! But you don't have to be a sports fan to enjoy this resort!

Enjoy!

We stayed at sports in the baseball section. It was maybe a 4 minute walk to the bus, walking at our normal pace. Never heard anything thought the walls. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I had 5 boys with me and they absolutely loved the themeing.

Just booked my first stay at Sports for next June/July. Was really wanting to book Animal Kingdom Lodge but could not justify the pricing this trip especially when at the end of the day for us we spend so little time back at the hotel.

Just happy to have somewhere I can put my head for the night. I've stayed Pop and AOA before as well as SS and really looking forward to staying here.

I'm glad that people haven't had any problems with the buses.

You'll hear bad things just about every resort on these boards. So take each review with a grain of salt. Sports happens to be one of my fave value resorts. I absolutely love the theme. The theme by the main pool is nice....you actually feel like your at a beach with the giant surf boards and the "wooden" boardwalk walkway. Its a compact resort, so no matter which section you get its not a far walk to the main building. I stayed at the tennis court section close to the little lake. The walk was very short to the main building/buses.

If sports does happen to share buses, sports is always the first pickup and drop off. They rarely share buses though...maybe only in the middle of the day, if that.

Food court is great....not very different from the other value resorts. Overall a great place for a family to stay on a budget. I normally prefer value because i like to save the money for other things. Im usually not at my resort much anyway...only to sleep and shower, and sometimes swim.

You'll love the resort. Have fun! :)

We stayed at Sports in the fall of 2015 for 4 nights. We really enjoyed this resort. We had previously stayed at Pop and Port Orleans Riverside. We did not make any room requests but we're put in a king room in Touchdown. We were quite pleased with our room. We liked the close proximity to the main building but we were not far from the parking lot either. We only had noise one night when, what I'm assuming was a thrown together football game ensued out on the field. It didn't last long and really wasn't that bothersome.

As far as busing, we never shared a bus with any of the other All Star resorts. And I never felt like the bus was overcrowded like I did at both Pop and POR. We took the bus from MK to the resort one evening and shared the bus with another family and that was it!

Would we stay at Sports again? You betcha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter