All-Star Sports Reopening Delayed

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Sad news for Fans of the Resort.

Popular Disney Resort to "Remain Closed" For Now, Undergo "Refresh" - Inside the Magic

We’re excited to continue welcoming Guests back to our Disney Resort hotels, such as at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, where we recently reopened the Music and Movies themes.

At this time, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will remain closed while we take the opportunity to refresh the Sports theme area, and we look forward to sharing a new reopening date for rooms in the Sports theme at a later time.

Guests with upcoming reservations will receive communication via email and will be instructed to reach out to their Travel Professional to modify their stay, at no additional charge. This modification will have no impact to other vacation experiences that may be booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.

Sad news for Fans of the Resort.

Popular Disney Resort to "Remain Closed" For Now, Undergo "Refresh" - Inside the Magic

We’re excited to continue welcoming Guests back to our Disney Resort hotels, such as at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, where we recently reopened the Music and Movies themes.

At this time, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will remain closed while we take the opportunity to refresh the Sports theme area, and we look forward to sharing a new reopening date for rooms in the Sports theme at a later time.

Guests with upcoming reservations will receive communication via email and will be instructed to reach out to their Travel Professional to modify their stay, at no additional charge. This modification will have no impact to other vacation experiences that may be booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.
Well, unless they have been holding resort levels down a little, there would be no place to put these people at this late juncture. Leads me to believe that they indeed have been limiting numbers at all resorts due to the housekeeping, etc.

Well, unless they have been holding resort levels down a little, there would be no place to put these people at this late juncture. Leads me to believe that they indeed have been limiting numbers at all resorts due to the housekeeping, etc.
I saw a report that Music only reopened at 30 % of capacity so looks like space over there.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the return of International travel to WDW ramps back up starting in November.

"Could" be huge-they may have to get Sports up and running sooner that current plans.

While I am happy for people who are paying for a value and received a "free" upgrade to a moderate, it is a bit annoying to be paying rack rate at a moderate knowing this is happening.

While I am happy for people who are paying for a value and received a "free" upgrade to a moderate, it is a bit annoying to be paying rack rate at a moderate knowing this is happening.
I see it as no different than someone booked with a better discount, which happens all the time. The military gets room discounts. So would you dislike they pay less for a moderate than you do?

no one who booked ASMu knew they would be bumped. It’s not like they did it on purpose.

I wonder if POR and POFQ are still going to open on time?
It definitely appears so-the below was part of the All-Star Sports announcement.

As a reminder, we’re excited to reopen Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts next month for our Guests, with bookings available beginning Oct. 14 for Riverside and Oct. 28 for French Quarter, subject to availability.

I saw a report that Music only reopened at 30 % of capacity so looks like space over there.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the return of International travel to WDW ramps back up starting in November.

"Could" be huge-they may have to get Sports up and running sooner that current plans.
They're not withholding inventory due to lack of demand, they're withholding inventory because they can't get the staff to support it.

We have 2 rooms booked for Dec 25-Jan 1st. While I have not received a email from disney about the closure of the resort, I did call and guest services did confirm that I should be expecting a phone call the week of Thanksgiving with a new resort location. Anxiously awaiting that info, as I am a planner and like thinks locked in.

We have 2 rooms booked for Dec 25-Jan 1st. While I have not received a email from disney about the closure of the resort, I did call and guest services did confirm that I should be expecting a phone call the week of Thanksgiving with a new resort location. Anxiously awaiting that info, as I am a planner and like thinks locked in.

I'm very curious as to what they are going to do for Christmas week. There is ZERO availability. PLUS I have a preferred room booked so I hope they don't slam me in the way back of All-Star Music. Just hope the move is like for like or better. I really don't want to be in the WAY back of Music or Movies....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter