• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Resort openings

smallworldnh

DIS Veteran
I cancelled my September 2020 trip and I'm trying to rebook for the end of April 2021. POP and AOA are both available (at a MUCH higher price) but the All Stars are not. I thought I read somewhere that they would be reopening this October but someone else told me that it might not be until September 2021. I know this is a fluid situation, but does anyone have any info on what's going on with them? thank you!

I noticed that the park hopper option was available as well but not the dining plan.

No the All Star resorts have no reopening date.

We may have a better idea after or if AOA hits it's scheduled reopening opening on November 1st. AOA is the last resort that has a scheduled reopening date at this time.

Dave

I am waiting to get my room for the Star Wars weekend in April since we usually stay at an All Star. Hoping they are open then.

They won’t open them because god forbid they open a single affordable resort during a time where families are trying to spend less.

Pop has similar pricing to all stars. Everything is full price currently so if all stars opened it would be similar to pop

All Stars music and sports have always been much cheaper and since the completion of Skyliner have been significantly cheaper than Pop. You maybe not realize it for a nights stay but when you add all your nights up it makes a difference.
I've noticed that in the past as well. The pricing for POP the end of next April for 2 people, 6nights, 6 days of tickets with hoppers came to 2599.99!! That's a lot more than I've paid for AS in the past. of course, things are going to be hugely different going forward I'm sure. :(

I was supposed to be staying at All-Star Music for an 8-night trip beginning Saturday (since cancelled). When I booked it in January, it cost $343 less than a standard room at Pop. Of course, they could choose to reopen the All-Stars and price them the same as Pop, but since they're not filling Pop yet, I don't see that happening soon.

It all depends on raising capacity If they feel its safe to do so & demand depending on the state of the recession, then other hotels will re open next year. Interesting that the cm think that all stars may not open next year.

All Stars, Port Orleans, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Animal Kingdom Lodge all do not have opening dates scheduled and most likely will not open for the remainder of 2020 (and probably not for the first few months of 2021). The DVC sides of those resorts are open, but the hotel sides are not scheduled to open. My guess is they’ll monitor bookings through the Spring Break period of 2021 and then adjust opening dates for those hotels later into 2021.

All depends on the Vaccine-when a reliable one becomes available,the Dam will bust open and all WDW Resorts will need to reopen post haste.

I'm guessing it is going to be a while before all the hotels are open. The economic impact is going to last for a long time. I would imagine the All Stars will be the last hotels to open unfortunately.

We always stay at ASM, this is the first time I upgraded us to pop so we could use the skyliner.. then everyone gets moved to pop. It was fustrating because I could have paid $35 less a night and been in the same room.
From what I understand not all of pop is open 50s-70's so I guess it will be awhile before AS opens when they cant fill pop.

The reason I changed my Nov 2020 booking from AS Music to Pop was because the CM said they would not be open by Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter